Beware Vodafone discount and free iPad deal.

Perec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. New here, and would appreciate some advice please. But first the situation:

A month ago I got a sales call from Voda, my existing phone provider, offering 20% off my bill. Immediately suspicious I asked what the catch was - longer contract for example. I was assured there was no catch. The contract would not be extended. it was due to 4g and customer retention, said the agent, if they looked after their customers they would stay for the new 4g offering.

The agent then went on to say I'd get a free iPad. I re-confirmed that I was not going to be charged and I was assured not. I had no need for an iPad but as it was free I accepted.

Roll on billing day and my bill has increased 60%. I called Voda and apparently the extra cost is the new line rental, insurance, data sharer package. I have stated that I agreed to none of these things. Voda insists that I agreed to them all.

I spoke to a Voda manager today who may be the most arrogant customer service agent I have ever encountered. He said that whilst he hadn't listened to the sales call, I had agreed to all charges and by the way I was now in a new 24 month contract! He then told me that the call was at an end and there would be no more discussion about it.

I have reported the matter to the Chief Exec's office, OFCOM and the Ombudsman and have paid for a recording of the sales call. But I am absolutely livid that this has happened. I am no mug ordinarily and am careful what I agree to, but Voda's sales person has lied to me here. I specifically asked about additional charges and extended contracts and was told that neither applied. The only credit I can give is that it was the most slick con job I have ever been subjected to.

Anyone else experienced this? If not, be very careful if you are a Voda customer and get a call offering a discount and free iPad as a customer retention exercise. It's not a genuine offer, and the iPad isn't free, it's the opposite of free, and even if you ask directly what is in it for them, you will be misled.

I will report back when I have a response from Voda CE office or the Ombudsman, but in the meantime my problem is that I will presumably have to pay Voda the full bill each month until this is sorted out? I don't want to be cut off. Can anyone suggest how to avoid doing so please - I am happy to pay my regular bill obviously.

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you do get a copy of the recording, please let us know

Even though you have gone higher, I think an email to Lee would be of use. Please follow the instructions fully here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Lee has a good track record on CAG

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Perec,

I’m sorry to see what’s happened here.

I’ve replied your post on another forum offering further help.

As silverfox1961 has advised above, you can drop us an email by following the link above and we can look into this further.

Kind regards,

Jenny

Web Relations

Vodafone UK