Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Can anyone please give me some advice on the following problem....


My daughter has been doing temp contracts for the past year and the last one ended at the begining of July, the company she worked for (for 6 weeks) was in the process of being transferred to South Africa and the building is now empty.


Anyway to the problem, last month she was paid a full months salary which neither of us are sure she should have been paid and again today they have paid her a months salary and even deducted an amount for a pension! We know she cant keep the money if she isnt entitled to it but we have no idea who or where to contact to sort it out!


For now I have advised her to open a basic savings account and transfer the money to it and must not spend it! So if they dont ask for it back what do we do? And for how long after she receives the money can they ask for it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have contact details for the company? Contact HR or payroll dept.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am inclined to say don't spend it but keep it safe in a savings account for whilst you know it shouldn't have been paid, you are unable to contact the company to make further enquiries.


IF they want it back you will then still have it, but if not...


Chances are that there will be a letter at some point, so at least you will be earning some small amount of interest for as long as that takes.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.






If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to tried to do an internet search for the companies new contact details or head office at all?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with sidewinder, tuck it away for now

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...