Student Loan Company and CCS Collect

derek1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Can anyone advise me please. I took out a student loan with the student loan company in 1998. I didn't finish the course and have never earned enough to make repayments. I moved temporarily and told the Student Loan Company when I filled in a deferment form for that year, and when I moved back to my origianal address I sent a letter in. I didn't hear from them and simply forgot about it all.

I have had a letter from CCS Collect so have been in contact with both the Student Loan company and the debt collectors. I have sent the forms off for a deferment.

Tonight the Student Loan Company said as a passing comment that the deferment if agreed would only be for 3 months and I have to make a repayment plan for the balance with CCS.

The Student Loan Company said that they wrote to my temporary address in 2010 and have no record of me moving back and it is down to me.

The amount of loan outstanding is £2k+ and I now owe this amount less £150.

Should I make a repayment plan with CCS now to save all the hassle? Are CCS likely to try and make me bankrupt?

Any thoughts gratefully received - many thanks

I've never paid anything towards it and I was only at uni for less than 1 year September 1998- March 1999. I did fill in the deferment letters when asked to do so.