Proof read my letter please.

thenetfather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, being new here and not wanting to just rush into sending my letter to the bank, i was hoping someone could have a read through it. I used the template but have added a couple of things - the bits in black bold have been added by me :-

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 6 months. I am sure if I investigated further than that there would be more charges.

I now understand xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I calculate that you have taken (ESTIMATED over £500 at the moment) which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I believe that if all these unacceptable charges had not been added to my account then I would have a greater chance of paying off my overdraft. On numerous occasions I have had to increase my overdraft in order to try and combat the fees. I am also sure that if I investigated my account over a longer period of time that my overdraft would be non existent.

My targets xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would that be ok to add?

Thanks for you help.

[please do not post full template letters on the site-these are available form the library for registered users only]

No reason why not, but why the estimate. Have you not had your statements through? If not I would insert "I reserve the right to amend this amount once you have fulfilled your legal obligation under the Data Protection Act and provided me with the information requested".

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Hiya & Welcome

Can I ask why you have added the extra bits please? Im not meaning to sound harsh ok.

the templates that are in the Library work without adding any thing extra, so bit of advice, just leave your bits out, stick to the ones already done for you, the people who run this site, did them to help us, why spoil a very good thing :-)

Wait till you know your amounts as you could have more, or less than you think. but saying that you could start & then add the rest when you have them, but I would leave out the bits you have put it yourself.

You will be ok, just use the site & stick to your time-table.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

If you do not know the amount the bank has taken from you, (as you have entered an estimate in your PRELIM LETTER) then you must send the Data Protection Act request letter in the templates libary.

Have you taken the time out to read the FAQ's thouroughly? In here you'll find a step-by-step guide to the process bywhich you must adhere to in order to get your money back.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

You need to go into the Library for this one

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

Like muggins73 says

make sure you do your reading, FAQ's. Step by Step, other peoples threads, this will help you understand what you are going to do.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Just a thought, the SAR asks for transaction details for your entire banking history.

I would suggest you do the same, as Karne says they probably wont send everything you want, but if you use the standard templates and follow the step by step guide, should you want all your data then you only have to go through the procedure once.

bearing in mind the difficulties Abbey are likely to throw up its better doing it once believe me.

Regarding why the 6 years is often quoted, this is to do with the Limitations Act, however, there is an argument against this restriction and should you choose to challenge it, then you will have all your data.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks for the replies.

What is this in aid of?

Send this request including the £10 fee to the address which your bank has registered with the Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-

http://www.esd.informationcommission...esd/search.asp

And do i need to use it?

Cheers

hi and good luck with your claim, but dont forget to include the 10 pounds for the subject access request, this is important, as the clock starts ticking only when you have sent this. :-)

• S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13th October 2006;-)
  • Microfiche information received 20th December 2006 - still awaiting 1 missing statement!!!:-x