• Tweets

• are we getting there now .thks DEFENCE  The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. the claimant replied to a request made under a pre action protocol   letter of claim  and a Consumer Credit Agreement request , pursuant to s.77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 )request made   on 19/11/2018 the reply contained  incomplete reconstitutions and with  with documents missing from the list in my request a cpr 31.14 request was made to the claiments solicitor on  02/06/2019 which the claiments solicitor has refused stating cpr  31 does not aplly even though no track has yet been allocated  1- The Claimant claims £657.10  is owed under a regulated loan agreement with  money in advance r. I did not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a Section 77 and CPR 31.14 request who are yet to fully comply. 2-the  Claimants statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on the defendant from either the Claimant or  money in advance  3 The claimant has produced  a reconstituted version of  the original agreement , it is considered that this is not a true copy of the executed agreement as it is the claiment has yet to  produced a copy of any legal assignment of this debt 4 It is therefore  not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to: a) Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for  b) Show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87.1 CCA 1974. c) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.  d as  per Civil Procedureicon 16.5 it is expected that the Claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.
    • There's a difference in buying a car privately or at auction, and buying one from a retail seller, regardless of the price. buying from a dealer you have certain statutory rights as a consumer, and you pay a premium for the supposed benefit of buying from reputable source.    An engine management light could be a minor problem, the issue here though is that the seller delivered the car with the light on, then dumped it and made a quick exit, that gives a fair idea of his attitude to customer service. If the engine management light came on while the car was in the process of being delivered, any reasonable seller would have told the buyer the light had come on and taken the car straight back to sort it, not done a runner and hoped the customer wouldn't notice.
    • And....   It’s a £2500 end of life banger. If it gets from A2B it’s fit for purpose. What are you actually trying to say? 
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
gaviebaby

Co-op did not remove a CPA!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1211 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

decided to take control of finances and stop robbing Peter to pay Paul.

called my bank to cancel a specific CPA and guess what - CPA not cancelled. :-x

Had a plethora of promises - money will be recalled - won't happen again blah blah blah.

My confidence in them has plummetted.

I have made a complaint to the bank - looking for some advice if there are 'alternative' groups/CEO's etc that should be receiving a to-the-point email.

GavieBaby

You should make a complaint to their head/registered office. Identify your letter as a formal complaint.

1: The banks must cancel your CPA if requested and refund the money swiftly if the payment goes through. You are I believe entitled to compensation if you suffer any losses.

2: If the bank refuses to take your complaint seriously, then you should make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I have posted 2 links below that you should read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395493-Been-refused-cpa-cancellation-since-nov-2009-Go-get-your-money-back-now!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!(17-Viewing)-nbsp

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB - email fired off and will post the same letter registered later today.

Cannot believe how ridiculously unprofessional some banking staff are.

Will wait with anticipation as to what happens next.

G.

After a ding dong with Co-op customer services who don't know their **** from their elbow, I went direct to the CEO. Boof, done dusted and no further problems. All CPA's cancelled. I'm in discussion with the senior customer service person about something else but she's now stalling on her replies. I'm just wondering if they are up to something with the other banks.

I have to say, the Co-op disputes team are true to their word and I even have had them call me to advise of suspicious activity on my account.

Any monies taken has been refunded.

Thumbs up to them:-)! IMO, I would ask to be transferred straight to the disputes team!

Now to deal with a PDL company who obviously excel in texting, but are sadly lacking in reading emails....

Will update when Co-op reply to me.

G

This sounds a bit more positive, gaviebaby :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A wee update..... have just discovered that Co-op have allowed 2 cancelled CPA's to be processed :-x:-x

Will have a wee chilling cuppa, then a raging rant! Anyone have an email for their CEO?

Gaviebaby

Update from post above - spoke to a nice young lady at Co-op who apologised and actioned refunds immediately. Also compensation was credited to my account with the assurance it would not happen again. A couple of days later I received a letter which confirmed all that was said during the telephone conversation. A handy contact name and number, although it is for office hours only..... hence what happened last Friday.....!

Two further amounts withdrawn last Friday thanks to CPA - the company trying to withdraw refuse to acknowledge any communication etc. Anyway, telephoned the Co-op on Saturday evening once I was aware and informed nothing they can do until Monday morning! Do not think so! Quoted FSA guidelines (obviously now FCA) and pointed out where the bank makes a mistake it needs to be rectified immediately, not in 2 days time! Checked my bank 15 minutes later and money refunded. Short of closing my account, there is apparently nothing that can be done.

Beware - even if you cancel a CPA with your bank it can still be processed! And do not take No! for an answer - go to the top if necessary!

I feel empathy for those who struggle with finance and find their accounts cleared by an authorised CPA - its a horrible feeling knowing that your money has been taken without your consent.

Will keep updating as I progress again with another compaint!

Gaviebaby

You should now be making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman in respect of the PDLs actions.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Thanks citizenB - have carefully noted and recorded all communication I have had with them. Will advance to the FOS now.

Curiously, PDL's say much more than they should in a telephone conversation....!

G

Thanks citizenB - have carefully noted and recorded all communication I have had with them. Will advance to the FOS now.

Curiously, PDL's say much more than they should in a telephone conversation....!

G

Which is why we always advise that unless a call can be recorded - everything should be in writing.

Another way to put them on the back foot is to summarise the call in writing (your understanding of what was said) - then post to their Head office.

Something like..

Dear Sir or Madam,

References.

On DATE, I spoke with one of your representatives.

This is my understanding of that conversation.

1: Your agent suggested that they sell my cat, send the bailiffs in without first having issued a court claim.

2: That any liability owed to your company is a priority debt - placed above my rent/council tax

3: It was suggested by your agent, that they could camp on my doorstep.

4: They advised that they would make attempts to use the "now cancelled" CPA instructions, every day !

5: It was advised that they would telephone/text to all phone numbers that you hold for me, every day, several times a day.

If you disagree with the above, perhaps you could advise me how your agent understands our conversation. Perhaps there is a recording of the call, if so, perhaps you could provide me with a copy of this.

(If you recorded the call then you would replace with)

I would point out that I do have a recording of this call, which will be used in any further action, I might take against your company !

etc, etc,

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Would love to be a fly on the wall when they try to come up with a response that limits their failings!

G

Look forward to the next instalment :)

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

You also MUST inform the FCA of the banks actions. They are breaching statute regulation, and the FCA is coming down hard on banks that ignore the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Renegadeimp, I was stalling going down that route as once I had brought the transactions to the Co-op's attention they did respond fairly quickly even if I did have to point out regulation to the telephone minions. However, it is clearly shown on my bank statement a number of unauthorised transactions and 'credits' that have been applied when it has been pointed out.

Would I benefit from informing the FCA? Or would Co-op play hard ball and decide my account should be closed?

G

Okay another update! Co-op have decided to let another couple of unauthorised CPA's leave my account. Financial Ombudsman very interested..... so forms being filled out and sent off hopefully later today.

Anyone have an email for CEO or anyone else who may be cheesed off at their minions unprofessionalism?

G

This the email for Co-Op financial services which includes the bank

niall.booker@cfs.coop

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Contact fca as well.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thought I would give an update from this whole debacle!

I received a call from CEO's team apologising etc etc, won't happen again blah blah.....

Offer of additional compensation which was duly accepted.

Within 3 weeks the lovely people at Coop decided they were closing my account as I had been overdrawn!

No surprise when they authorised CPA's!

I went elsewhere and the difference is amazing.

My new bank are very helpful and so far no issues.

My advice?

If there is an issue go to the top of the tree and annoy them,

the response in my situation was quick & satisfactory.

Closing my account, their loss,

G

Very frustrating that rather than admit their mistakes and ensure they are rectified correctly.. they would rather close a customer's account !

Hey ho, at least you were able to set up a new account with a bank that appears to be more user friendly :)

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Hi, did you have a cashminder acc? if so. what bank did you change too.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I actually went with RBS and it's a basic account.

No problems at all, having fun still annoying the institutions 😉

On a side note here have you checked whether or not your account has been accessed at any time for any reason by staff at branch level without you being present or on the phone to them ?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

On a side note here have you checked whether or not your account has been accessed at any time for any reason by staff at branch level without you being present or on the phone to them ?

Do you mean Coop? If so, then I would not know as I have not requested that information. What would the benefit of that be?