Scottish Power - can I ever get away from them.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

About a month ago I was moved onto their standard cash monthly dual fuel option when the previous tariff ended

Not at all happy about their service.

I want to move but can't.

I owe them up to date £117.69 for both fuels. I can't pay this all in one hit so I have offered to pay it over the next two months thinking that I can then move.

Then I was told that I would have another 2 months of bills to pay !!! This would take me another 2 months to pay them.

I am never going to be able to get away from them.

So I thought that I'll see if there are any better deals with Scottish Power and stay with them.

Nope can't do that - they refuse to offer me any other tariff until I clear the current and ongoing debt.

Anybody able to give me any help out of this please.

p'haps the rep will pop in too.

but you can switch with debt upto £500 now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

p'haps the rep will pop in too.

but you can switch with debt upto £500 now

dx

Thanks. Scottish Power have hit me with another bill based on estimated figures - £147.00. They tell me that as I hadn't paid the previous £117.69 they have now blocked any application that I may make to switch.

Their figures for this 'new' and additional debt are based on their 'cash monthly dual fuel tariff' being £8 a month to clear the £117.69 and £139 .00 a month to cover ongoing usage. Based on that they are telling me that my dual fuel annual cost will be £1668!!!!!

I have told them to come out and read the meters which they said they will do in November.

Having been with Scottish Power for over 10 years they and I both know what the average usage should be which according to their latest forecast is.

Elect - 5400 kWh

Gas - 12500 kWh

These are broadly in line with the past 10 years.

I cannot see how they can come up with their annual figures, but just can't get them to answer the phone.

Now we can't switch to another supplier (they have blocked it) and they won't put us on anything other than the highest tariff until (a) all debts have been paid in full & (b) and a meter reading takes place after the clearance of all debts and payment up front of at least 1 month is received ie £139

So as at the 28th August they want £117.69 (debt as at end of July) + £139.00 (consumption for August) + £139.00 (I month advance payment) = £395.69

http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/press-releases/energy-suppliers-help-prepayment-meter-customers-to-switch-.html

think i'll alert the SP rep to this thread

you are being rather led astray here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi can you email details & we'll have a look. Regards Gerry

Thanks. I doubt that anything can be done, their letters are fairly nasty.

In the space of just over a month (prior to the 20th July) I have gone from being on the 'Fresh Start Tariff' to this ridiculous situation. And all I ever wanted to do was discuss over the telephone as to why they wanted to increase my 'Fresh Start Tariff' monthly DD's from £84 a month to £120 and giving me only 2 days to have that discussion.

Anyhow I will do as you say and I suppose it won't hurt to complain a bit.