Need a little bit of help with insurance claim

Angi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

We need a little bit of help with insurance claim

My hubby was out the other Sunday when he was involved in a motorbike accident, his insurance company (Bennett’s) say it would be classed at him(hubby) being at fault, they said he must have been riding to close! He seems to think that he has not got a leg to stand on, due to a few friends saying the insurance company will say he is in the wrong, so I’ve gone & got myself all worried about this as his friends could be right, so if anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful

Below is what my hubby remembers:

I was riding along the A689 Eastgate Road, I saw a motorcycle about 50 metres in front, just about to go around the blind bend. As I approached the blind bend, I checked my mirrors, I thought everything was ok, Next thing I knew there was a motorcycle causing an obstruction, lying across the left hand side of the road, As the rider had just fallen off. I could not avoid crashing into the motorcycle, the was a car coming in the opposite direction, so I could not steer round it.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

I'm afraid I agree with your hubby's friends. The insurance company will say that your husband was not paying due care and attention to the road ahead because if he had been, assuming he was driving at a safe speed, he should have been able to stop in time. (They would say a safe speed is a speed that gives him enough time and space to stop safely if he needs to)

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

Hiya

Thanks for that, CB. No he dont have legal cover, wish he did now, but its a lesson to learn.

Thanks Again

Angi x

So assuming lets say for a min, its a straight road, He would have seen what was a head YES?

But on a blind bend, how do you see around the corner? Im not having a go at you, Im just trying to understand insurance companies.

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

But on a blind bend, how do you see around the corner?

You don't. Therefore, you should always slow down and approach with additional caution, precisely because you don't know what's round the corner.

I agree that your husband is highly likely to be found at fault. As a rule, the person behind is always held responsible. I hope the motorist is ok, btw.

I understand it now, my hubby ended up in hospital with minor injuries, cracked ribs & few bumps, the other rider was airlifted to hospital with minor injuries broken hand, & problem with his elbow, due to him crashing into an on coming car, hence coming off his bike, & his bike ending up in the road. Both are well on the road(pun..got to put that in) to recovery. Other rider has told offered to claim from his insurance for my hubby, as the other rider caused the problem.

But on reading, I think its best left alone, pity it wasnt a bank to claim for lol.

Thanks again for all of your help

Angi x

Angi x

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Hi, me again with some advice. If your hubby is not at fault and neither has legal cover then you can contact [link removed] who will manage your accident if they feel you were in the wrong. Worth a try !!

Husbandkhan, the company you mentioned do not 'manage' your accident claim as you stated!

They provide courtesy cars until yours is returned or you get your payout! i know because i used to work for them!

And purely from a consumers point of view i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

I went on the site last night, to have a read, but there was nothing to read,

& to be honest, I dont think it had anything to do with what has happened.

But thanks anyway for taking time to read.

Angi x

Angi x