Howard cohen & co solicitor - 2x HSBC CCJs - No response, do they exist?!!

neobass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further ongoings with this.

Letter was sent from there last response,

October 15th 2013

Howard Co & Co Solicitors

Po Box 110

Cleckheaton

West Yorkshire

BD19 4XT

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: ******

With reference to your clients letter on the 14th of October 2013.

Response to CCJ I have showing on my credit file for,

Issuing Court: *********

Case Number ************

Date: 24/08/09

Amount: £5,658

Balance: £4,589.84

I write with reference to previous communication regarding your offer of £2,500 for the CCJ file against me.

Your letter dated 8th of October 2013, states you were happy to accept the £2,500 as final settlement of the CCJ file, where you stated upon receiving my cheque the case would be marked as 'satisfied' However upon receiving letter from CL Finance Ltd dated 14th October 2013 its states it would accept £2,500 as 'partial settlement'. This has left me somewhat confused since the last letter I have been lead to believe this had been a mutually agreed solution to the problem. I do not want the £2,500 to be used to mark my CCJ as 'partially settled' as it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things if its 'unsatisfied' or 'partially settled' they both more or less mean a major negative on my Credit report.

I am unable to make the full balance of £4,589.84 and only able to manage £2,500 from a close family member, not forgetting this is the offer amount you proposed which I was able to arrange funds for. With your wordings being contradictive this has left me in an uneasy position as to whether I revert to small token payments as I am unable to pay the full balance. Seems I will be left with no choice but to continue with the smaller payments which will mean this will go on being paid for many years to come. This can be settled without fuss with the single payment in a matter of days not several prolonged years.

If I have read it wrong I would appreciate that you confirm in writing what I have been lead to believe, that the £2,500 would be complete one off settlement payment and my CCJ marked as 'Satisfied' on the Credit Reference Agencies report. This also means no extension of the CCJ on my report or debt sold on. Complete and final, not partial but 100% case closed.

Thanks again for your time in this matter and I look forward to receiving the relevant confirmation in due course.

Yours faithfully

--

They have now responded with CL Finance giving further clarity that it is a full/final.

Any other potential dangers to be aware or should I accept offer and post cheque?

Thanks all.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point! wonder if that's got any implications tied to it?

I never got a follow up to the mastercard CCJ,

which is same DCA just different amounts/case number to overdraft CCJ.

I'm chasing them for clarity on that one as its only £1100 which they offered £600 as F&F.

Odd they didn't respond to that one, but rightfully writing to them this week for response.

On this letter yes.

See this is why this is dragging on, they don't say everything in 1 sentence.

I think only way is if I write

'We solemnly declare than £2,500 is a full and final settlement for complete closure

and 'satisfied' status of the CCJ against your account' and have them sign/return!

No mention of not selling on the remaining balance to a 3rd party either.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No mention of not selling on the remaining balance to a 3rd party either.

Although the letters do say they will issue the appropriate paperwork to apply to the court to mark it as satisfied so again I would think pretty watertight

Again just my opinion

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Final letter may be required then requesting there letter to quote the following, signed by them.

"CL Finance solemnly declares that the £2,500 offered to Mr ........................................ to be full and final settlement payment. Full closure of the CCJ case number X123456789 to be marked as 'Satisfied'. The debt shall not be sold on to another debt collection agency, nor will the CCJ be extended. This is agreement is full and final"

Better safe than sorry.

You want a definite end to this now so it's worth being sure that the paperwork is legally binding. Can you pay/process the paperwork via the court. Don't think they would mess that up.

Absolutely!

I'm not sure if there is a way to do that i'm all ears :)

So sent off 2 letters. One for each CCJ to HC&CS.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: ...........................

With reference to your letter on the 1st of October 2013.

Response to CCJ I have showing on my credit file for,

Issuing Court: Northpole

Case Number £$%^^^

Date: 10/08/09

Amount: £1,367

Balance: £1,118.88

I write with reference to previous communication regarding your offer of £600 for the CCJ file against me.

Your letter dated 1st of October 2013, I am happy to see that your are fulfilling the offer made by you against the CCJ file case number $^%^%^% for acceptance fee of £600 which will mark the case as 100% 'Satisfied' and Full & Final.

So that this is a complete binding agreement I require your client CL Finance to confirm by writing the statement given below,

"CL Finance solemnly declares to Mr ......................... offer made for CCJ Case Number $^^%$£$^^ of £600 to be Full and final settlement payment. This is Full closure of the CCJ Case Number $£%%£$% to be marked as 'Satisfied'. The debt shall not be sold on to another debt collection agency, nor will the CCJ be extended. The case will only be marked as 'Satisfied' on the Credit Reference Agency NOT as 'partially satisfied' "

The above statement MUST be quoted in there letter and signed/dated. Once this is received the cheque of £600 will be sent via Special delivery.

Thanks again for your time in this matter and I look forward to receiving the relevant confirmation in due course and bringing this case to final close.

Yours faithfully

Hopefully this will be put to a close within the next 7 days.

Plot thickens!

What are CL Finance playing at? Now Lewis Debt Recovery are acting for CL Finance.

Looks like I need to send copy of letters to all three! CL Finance, Howard Co and Co Solicitors and Lewis Debt Recovery - JUST to cover my own trail. Already mentioned by some there all linked/same. But how stupid do they think you are not to notice! :mad2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47416[/ATTACH]

If you are receiving multiple communications from the different companies within the group, I would send a Complaint to CL Finance Head office advising this is against OFT guidelines and could they please designate ONE of their in house group only to make contact.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you are receiving multiple communications from the different companies within the group, I would send a Complaint to CL Finance Head office advising this is against OFT guidelines and could they please designate ONE of their in house group only to make contact.

Good Idea, will get a letter sent out Monday pronto! :)

who is actually named as the claimant on the two ccj's?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

also, what is your motive for paying these off?

even if you get the cc'sj satisfied and get the certs of satisfaction from the courts [£15 each mind!!]

that STILL wont guarantee a mortgage say...

sadly even a satisfied CCJ will kill your mortgage application

unless your lender has told you otherwise.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I very much doubt it.

the existence of a CCJ paid or otherwise is almost guaranteed to kill a mortgage application

or bump up the int rate you can get.

dx

and they

yes every CCJ names the person to pay in the judgement box

dx

and they