lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wendy boats with update

Got phone call from the solicitor that did not phone me yesterday at 4pm today and after giving her info she tells me i can not get the bankruptcy overturned as i lost my appeal !

All she wanted and advised me to do was work out a sum to please the Trustee to stop sale of my house !

She said its impossible to undo this mess now !!

I am scared to death now that their is no one who can help me ! :behindsofa:

IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME THE NAME OF A SOLICITORS THAT DOSE LEGAL AID CASES OR NO WIN NO FEE WHO DEALS IN THIS KIND OF CASE PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW :pray2: XX

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think CAG allows law firms to be recommended. You'll need to call the Law Society or Google some local firms maybe.

Law firms don't do 'no win no fee' on debt claims and in any event I'm afraid your case would be too big a risk anyway.

I don't think CAG allows law firms to be recommended. You'll need to call the Law Society or Google some local firms maybe.

Law firms don't do 'no win no fee' on debt claims and in any event I'm afraid your case would be too big a risk anyway.

Thank,s fore your input:sad:

I can understand how stressed you may be, wait for The Mould to get back to you.

That way when you do speak to a solicitor/barrister etc you might be able to offer/suggest a defence, their answers should give you an idea of how competent they are in this area of law.

I can understand how stressed you may be, wait for The Mould to get back to you.

That way when you do speak to a solicitor/barrister etc you might be able to offer/suggest a defence, their answers should give you an idea of how competent they are in this area of law.

Wooks001

Thank you for your uplifting comments, comments like these are greatly received:| x

AS always i've gone over papers i have got from solicitors, and i realised that it shows that they say i was sent what i assume to be notice of assignment(welcome letter)from Lowell one but i thought i had to have one from CAPONE notice of assignment too?

And which one if this is the case should have come first? Or would they be sent together?

I've noticed from court papers the two mobile phones have different assignment dates as to the ones LOWELL state in their welcome letters but only by a few days.

And i can not get my head round the fact CAPONE show no correspondence with me for the whole year i was paying minimal payment via DD?

They never told me i was not covering payments to keep me from gaining fees on a monthly basis for nearly two years!!

Yet found the post box to apparently send me two default letters two months in a row?? :nono: Wendyboats is :suspicious:

OK going to get my head down in half an hour and tomorrow i intend to contact as many solicitors as i can and see if any have got the knowledge and grit to take this case on !

I WILL BEG,PLEAD,CONVINCE,AND OVERWHELM THEM THAT THE TRUTH MUST OUT...................I AM A FIGHTER AND A BELIEVER THAT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON GOING IN WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE SOMEONE WILL LISTEN !

:help: I SHALL NOT GIVE IN, UNTIL THE NASTY TRUSTEE FINALLY SINGS !:madgrin:XX

I'd still give it a couple of days for advice, be as patient as you can. Law is very very complex and you need an expert

It might also be worth employing a Barrister rather than a Solicitor, I used one years ago for another matter and it was £500 fixed fee. Some place in Leeds but I can't remember the details.

Can't say as I know much about law but I'd explore all options/costs and take my time.

Don't know if this idea is worth exploring or if you have the time.., but how about contacting your local CC and seeing if there are any similar cases going on. I think you can sit in and listen as a member of public, but I could be wrong. Just a chance a good solicitor etc might turn up, or suggest a colleague.

Thank you Wooks001,

Some good ideas to consider and i need as many of them as possible right now!

I am this morning very low, i have just taken my Grandson to school in his new uniform and new class and i struggled not to start crying he has been through so much this past year but has settled well living with his Nanny.

I JUST CAN NOT BARE THE THOUGHT OF HIM GOING INTO SOCIAL FOSTER CARE IF THEY TAKE OUR HOME :hurt: XX

Obviously you want to keep your home and I don't know the details, but why would he have to, no reason why you can't rent somewhere to live.

Local council/Housing Associations would help, and in your circumstances with a child to look after you should get priority.

I would hope that would be the case, but one of the reasons would be that it fits in with his needs , like his school and family members being nearby, and getting it near where he lives now, and in a time frame that the trustee allows! Social services are a funny bunch and their ideas are not the same, they will look at this situation as him not being secure and that he may need to go into community foster care with a secure home?

She has just emailed me and given me till the 1st of October then she is seeking sale ! xx

Just done a quick search for local housing associations in Wales where I live, found one who represent over 70 housing associations and 153,000 properties.

There are bound to be similar organisations where you live, how about giving one a ring for peace of mind.

I know social services can be a funny bunch but if you have an offer of alternative accomodation from an association, it is secure. Not like a private landlord who can sell at any time.

THANK YOU Wooks001

I'm always amazed at you guys on here who take time to advise me:typing:and post on my Thread xx

I will do that and i might also go to council and let them know situation and what they can or can not do for us.

Wendyboats thanks you all xx

Thank you Wooks001,

Some good ideas to consider and i need as many of them as possible right now!

I am this morning very low, i have just taken my Grandson to school in his new uniform and new class and i struggled not to start crying he has been through so much this past year but has settled well living with his Nanny.

I JUST CAN NOT BARE THE THOUGHT OF HIM GOING INTO SOCIAL FOSTER CARE IF THEY TAKE OUR HOME :hurt: XX

It is unlikely you will lose your house if there is a young child living there.

It is unlikely you will lose your house if there is a young child living there.

I wondered when someone would pick up on that......:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

have not told you about my request to CAPONE recorded delivery i don't think and apologies if i have.

I sent off to claim PPI refund and i received a reply but via Trustee with her letter attached it said she had received 3 days after i posted request?

CAPONE said they did not owe me a refund as i ticked the box?

Also i applied on internet and they sent the web page.

Trustee say i have 22 days to respond if i don't agree otherwise she will consider the clam closed and not negotiable?

Then i noticed CAPONE letter is stamped in black bold ink 29 JULY 2012 ?

Is this legal and true ???

Thank for advice how do i provide a link to your thread x

I do not have threads Wendy I am one of the Site Team.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I forgot to ad it reads as its to her not me, and i notice Trustee has added her name and address and new date, as text is diffrent from the rest of the letter.

What do you make of that ????????????

:suspicious: xx

Nothing wrong with that, the trustee acts on your behalf.

If there is any PPI reclaimed it would form part of your bankruptcy and be taken by the trustee.

Google bankruptcy trustees etc so you can stop worrying about what the trustee should/should not be doing.

I knew that thank you Ganymede,

But i thought if a debt was caused by mis sold PPI IT SHOULD have been looked into at start ? And i asked her to do that in september 2012 and she made out she did not have information on and never told me she had looked into it for over a year, it just seemed strange to withhold info then send it in the guys that its a reply to my letter dated july 23rd 2013 ?, how do i know her letter to me is CAPONE original reply to me when she got it over a year ago? and i only posted my letter as advised by the governing body 3 days befor she states she got the letter as dated on it? but black date stamp says july 2012 ??

I have looked on PPI claims site and it states i am eligible for a claim? Perhaps i should contact governing body to look into it ?

:| Regards Wendyboats x

If you contact the FOS about the PPI claim, they should be able to confirm. Because the debt has been to a court, the FOS might not want to get involved, but I think the PPI issue is separate from the debt, as the court did not consider any PPI claim issue, therefore the FOS can handle your complaint.

I suspect that when you applied originally the PPI box was already ticked as being required as the default setting. It was not a choice that you had considered i.e product that you wanted to buy. Therefore I would think that you have a valid PPI claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread