lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

wendyboats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trustee who also has her own solicitors fees added was also appointed by lowells. :|

Sorry, not sure if this has been addressed and I don't know if its relevant.... But the claimant appoints the Trustee??

Is there not an independant body of Trustees appointed by the court??

Maybe not and just want to make sure everything is considered.

A

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trustee was appointed by Lowells and is as cunning as them and cares less about us and she has held back telling me i had PPI and other information i asked for in July last year, then when i wrote to capone 3 weeks ago they sent the reply to her and she sent it to me saying any PPI payment would go to her anyway !!

My ex husband is fuming as no one contacted him before action but as soon as trustee was appointed she phoned him and gave him option to by my equity or risk loosing his house, They locked horns and it got quite nasty she very glibly told him she had repossessed 16 homes last year and she can and will repossess his!

He has put a lot into the house far far more than i.

I don't know enough about bankruptcy, but the Official Receiver is involved in every bankruptcy and I don't understand how the Trustee can be appointed by Lowells. I thought the Court appointed a Trustee as Alloyz says above.

A Trustee in a bankruptcy is appointed to represent the interests of ALL creditors; they can't work for just one. Were any other creditors informed of your bankruptcy?

I am wondering if you should call the Insolvency Service helpline. Have you tried them before?

She put it in the Gazette in london and as far as i am aware i have never been told there are more and my understanding is there is only so long for other creditors to claim.

As far as i understand it LOWELLS appointed her and she has stated many times she works for them. I did find it strange that with me living in southampton it was strange to have a Trustee in leeds but then on discovering the server who was told it was ok by the judge to just stick it in my letter box also was appointed by Lowells and i understand also comes from leeds.

Edited by wendyboats
spelling

When this nightmare began i met the insolvency man based here, and when i couldn't get any information regarding what the debts were for he helped me alot, I had cause to email him 3-4 times but apparently they're not meant to assist Bankrupt really but they assist the trustee?

When i went to court to try and annul this they used a local solicitors to represent them, but i was stunned to learn the Trustee was due to come from leeds to be a witness but did not turn up in the end, all very bizza

The county court judgement was 6 June 2012 at 11. am and lasted 20 mins.

I found out when the letters started coming from land registry department and insolvency letters and the the phone call from the Trustee in Leeds letting me know she wanted my equity in my half of property.

Ok so the original CCJ was granted in June 2012, what date did you find out about it or were you aware of the CCJ hearing at the time?

The first we knew i had been made Bankrupt was about 2 weeks after when all the letters came through the door. i never received any letters as i was not living there at time

The judge did comment that i should have changed my postal address but the situation was day to day week to week and it turned into 4 months !

I have contacted Law works via internet site with details so hope to hear back tomorrow

Make sure you are totally happy with the solicitor. Did you get one through Law Works? They are usually good. Make sure they are experienced in this kind of case.

If the solicitor is not 100% confident they can get this sorted out then you need to get someone else. You will get one shot at this so you must get someone really good and experienced who is willing to take on that judge if necessary. You need a real fighter here.

Hope to hear good news later.

DDx

Hi Daniella yes i did so a BIG BIG:clap2: Thank you for that ! it took awhile to give all info but it was worth it.

I am waiting to get a call although i expect it will be monday now as it takes 1 working day for them to find the best one.

I will be making a small donation next week for all the advice and support given to me so far, all i can say is thank god fore this site you are all fantastic :hail:

I have not slept properly since my annulment case failed, but i can see now why it did and people need to know what's right and wrong and you guys do that so thanks again :love:

Hi wendyboats,

We are all very happy to help you. What has happened to you is so appalling. It's jaw-dropping, for want of a better word.

I hope the new solicitor can sort it out for you. It's terrifying that an alleged debt of £1,500 ish can result in someone about to lose their home.

Keep fighting. We are right with you. :-)

DD

After waiting for call fom solicitor just received email from her saying she will have to ring me on Monday after 10.30am !!:Cry:

Disappointed as got to wait all weekend, but i guess its ok because at least i know now i can get a good Lawyer on my case :dance:

Still i got weekend to look on here and put it all in perspective and remember i'm not the only one with problems xx:wink: