• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck from me too. Everything crossed for you. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there Wendyboats (aka Watson)

It has been a long time old boy since I adventured onto these moors. I am still here Watson and looking out for you always.

Kind regards

Mouldy (Holmes)

Hi my friend Mouldy so glad you have confirmed what I already knew in my heart and that is you are as promised all that time ago beside me.

I have only just seen your message as I thought I would be in London tonight, but as it had a 3 day window it looks like it is going to be 28th or 29th and I am on stand by.

We are nearing the end of this case Holmes, and Watson admits it has taken a toll on his fighting spirit, but for you all at CAG I would not have made it thus far.

Will be back soon Wendyboats aka Watson see you on the other side. xx

Thank you all and I will come back in next couple of days after hearing to post out come. I hope one day to meet some of you and shake your hands and put a face to your names. And of course you will all be mentioned in my book.

Kindest regards Wendy xxxx

Thank you all and I will come back in next couple of days after hearing to post out come.

do let us know. hope it went ok.

Thank you all and I will come back in next couple of days after hearing to post out come. I hope one day to meet some of you and shake your hands and put a face to your names. And of course you will all be mentioned in my book.

You're writing a book?!! I reckon I could write one, too… It will be longer than War & Peace at this rate… xxx

You're writing a book?!! I reckon I could write one, too… It will be longer than War & Peace at this rate… xxx

TB Yes I am writing a book but its bout 3 different fights iv had ongoing since 2012.

Barrister has just confirmed its ON THURSDAY ! I will let you all know what the outcome is.

WENDYBOATS AKA WATSON Is Now Ready xxxxx

Good luck, would l ike to see some good news

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

TB Yes I am writing a book but its bout 3 different fights iv had ongoing since 2012.

Barrister has just confirmed its ON THURSDAY ! I will let you all know what the outcome is.

Let 'em have both barrels!! xxx

Hi sorry so late to cut a long story short it appears I was granted another appeal hearing of bankruptcy at last court date and today was to prove why I should be given out of time...

The judge has given me till Friday the 13th to prove the reasons why and or any incompetence of the solicitor and the 3 pro- bono barristers that said they would help and then did not and if I can prove this and the reasons why that accounted for all my delays then I will be granted a appeal hearing out of time !!!

I have to now go through all my paper work and prove something that is unbelievable, but a fact and I can and I will, it was also acknowledged that some one or more had misplace my bundle on a number of occasions and that the judge who declined my appeal in my absence had dates wrong etc.

So here I go again CAGGERS he also wants to know why fist pro bono turned on her heels and why it took me so long to apply myself to courts ? The barrister for Lowell's said I was incompetent and in denial !

Also Judge said I needed to prove the other debts added are out of time or in fact not mime as added this year totalling £6,000 so as I say head down and away I go.

Night guys any questions I will get back to you in morn as I am spent xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a farce of a situation ! More about procedural issues than the actual substance.

I thought the issues you mentioned had already been heard by a previous Judge.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi sorry so late to cut a long story short it appears I was granted another appeal hearing of bankruptcy at last court date and today was to prove why I should be given out of time...

The judge has given me till Friday the 13th to prove the reasons why and or any incompetence of the solicitor and the 3 pro- bono barristers that said they would help and then did not and if I can prove this and the reasons why that accounted for all my delays then I will be granted a appeal hearing out of time !!!

I have to now go through all my paper work and prove something that is unbelievable, but a fact and I can and I will, it was also acknowledged that some one or more had misplace my bundle on a number of occasions and that the judge who declined my appeal in my absence had dates wrong etc.

So here I go again CAGGERS he also wants to know why fist pro bono turned on her heels and why it took me so long to apply myself to courts ? The barrister for Lowell's said I was incompetent and in denial !

Also Judge said I needed to prove the other debts added are out of time or in fact not mime as added this year totalling £6,000 so as I say head down and away I go.

Night guys any questions I will get back to you in morn as I am spent xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grrrrr!!! This makes me so angry… the court is so incompetent, yet the onus is on the LIP to do all the legwork!! I have had exactly the same kind of scenario… still fighting to try and find out why my defence and counterclaim were not issued to the court prior to a hearing to get a charge on my home… the court messed up & I'm left running around trying to find answers!! We should co write this book… it will sell out!! Take care and try and get some rest before tackling it all again… these time limits are all to do with pressurising us to give up, I think. I hope that you get some justice eventually… xx

The courts mess up time and time again…

Mess up or is there another explanation ?

I just wonder whether the courts are set up to favour creditors and therefore the processes are designed to assist creditors who will pay for legal services, that know the system inside out. The debtors will always face a tough challenge, as they are unlikely to obtain the best legal help, as most experts work for creditors as that is where the money is.

The other issue is that Judges may not always be totally aware of all the facts and may just be given a basic overview of cases. They rely on this and what the two sides say in the court. If a Judge is hearing many cases on the same day, they cannot have read all of the bundles they are given. The creditors Barristers must know this, so they pick on a few specific procedural issues, knowing that the Judges are stringent about rules being followed and it then goes back to justifying why an application for appeal should be accepted, when rules about time limits have not been adhered to. You then end up making the same arguments again, with more details being asked for.

Next stage is going to be crucial and they need to make it easy for the Judge with specific to the point information, covering what has been asked for.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Mess up or is there another explanation ?

I just wonder whether the courts are set up to favour creditors and therefore the processes are designed to assist creditors who will pay for legal services, that know the system inside out. The debtors will always face a tough challenge, as they are unlikely to obtain the best legal help, as most experts work for creditors as that is where the money is.

The other issue is that Judges may not always be totally aware of all the facts and may just be given a basic overview of cases. They rely on this and what the two sides say in the court. If a Judge is hearing many cases on the same day, they cannot have read all of the bundles they are given. The creditors Barristers must know this, so they pick on a few specific procedural issues, knowing that the Judges are stringent about rules being followed and it then goes back to justifying why an application for appeal should be accepted, when rules about time limits have not been adhered to. You then end up making the same arguments again, with more details being asked for.

Next stage is going to be crucial and they need to make it easy for the Judge with specific to the point information, covering what has been asked for.

Indeed…

What I've seen so often on here is people who have a legitimate case against a creditor, but who instead, end up fighting with the court, because the court takes to route of least resistance, and take the side of those who are most able to afford proper legal representation- the creditor!

My case, and one I have been struggling with for several years, is similar to that of wendyboats… I started out with a 'cast iron' case and even managed to get pro bono assistance… and all went swimmingly until my lawyer told me he would not be able to accompany me to the hearing. It was the worst news ever because I am severely hard of hearing and was going to struggle to understand, even with the benefit of hearing loop. But when I got to court, the hearing loop provided was of the wrong sort… this despite all my efforts in making sure the court was aware that I was awaiting two hearing aids… I emailed several times and even visited the court prior to the hearing. All to no avail!!

But even worse was to follow… the judge was not prepared to adjourn whilst I waited for my hearing aids to be fitted… he insisted that the hearing would continue and that he would ensure that everyone shouted for my benefit… I struggled terribly, both hands cupped behind my ears the whole time… straining forwards until my whole body ached with the effort… when I had to put my hands down to find documents in the bundle, they carried on speaking whilst I did so, and I missed vital bits of dialogue… I even asked at one point during cross examination if I could sit closer to counsel as I was not understanding him properly… the judge refused!!

To make things even worse, I had forgotten to bring my heart tablets, and after several hours was suffering from palpitations verging on a panic attack… (the other side didn't help things in this respect by sending their costs by email a few hours before the trial… the fist I had any idea that I was facing nearly £40k of legal costs…!! The other side had run up a large bill due to the No Win No Fee solicitor…

I started making mistakes due to misunderstanding the questions… the judge soon jumped onto me, telling me I was going to lose… this is only a few hours into what would be a two day trial and before I had even had a chance to question the other side.

I probably did wrong by withdrawing, but I felt so ill and confused… and the next day I found some evidence which should have been fatal to the other side's argument, and I wrote to the court asking permission to set aside my decision to withdraw, but the judge was having none of it…

We are now 4 years and counting… all because the judge denied me the right to a fair trial… the other side got a CO against me for his costs and is now threatening to force a sale.

There have been several hearings, none of which provided the hearing loop I had requested in each case… the court even failed to issue my defence and counterclaim at the hearing for the final CO, saying I'd not paid a court fee…(I am exempt and had filled in the forms, etc)., of course, they didn't bother to write to query this, and I found out only two days before the hearing when I contacted the court.

The judge refused to adjudicate, despite my pointing out the court's maladministration… and now, like wendyboats, I am fighting for the roof over my head…

There is something dreadfully wrong with a system where a person who cannot afford expensive legal advice is at a disadvantage when trying to pursue an injustice.

Wendyboats… I will help you co-write your book as my experience of the courts is practically a carbon copy of yours…

We should call it "A LIP's Guide to Access to Justice & Other Grimm Fairy Tales…

What say you?! xx

• 2 weeks later...

Wendyboats… I hope all's well… I thought I'd let you know I've just had an apology from the court following an investigation into its maladministration… it has only taken them a YEAR!!

Am now considering my next move…

K

eep plugging on… we WILL win!!

Wendyboats… I hope all's well… I thought I'd let you know I've just had an apology from the court following an investigation into its maladministration… it has only taken them a YEAR!!

Am now considering my next move…

K

eep plugging on… we WILL win!!

That's good news TB...

Update hearing adjourned still waiting for lower judges transcript as requested by judge. Wendyboats aka Watson

• 2 weeks later...

WB… I hope all is ok and that you are getting somewhere… I often think about the injustice that's been done to you and so many other people whose only crime was not to be rich enough to pay for a lawyer…

Please do come back when you are able and let us know how you are.

TB x

WB… I hope all is ok and that you are getting somewhere… I often think about the injustice that's been done to you and so many other people whose only crime was not to be rich enough to pay for a lawyer…

Please do come back when you are able and let us know how you are.

TB x

Hi TB, Hi all,

Transcript has been sent to Judge in lower court to approve, its been nearly 2 weeks, so chased up on Thursday with company that transcribed it, as yet no new from them.

I am not getting notifications of my messages on here so I will check daily now till I can up date some news of this.

WB aka Watson, Promises........

I will let you all know as soon as I do, I know you all are with me, holding my hand, as I wait for news sat in this cold, dark, and very, very scary place that is called the moors. WB aka Watson is looking out for you xx