• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question on court appearances.... I believe two for bwl......... Two as into get bankruptcy heard and one for me to annul

and trustee was going ............bwl witness but failed..

To attend as witness but did not turn up and bwg hired a agency soli....rep... .

WATSON IS ALL BEHIND HOPE MY TRUSTED FRIEND THE MOULD SEES ALL HE NEEDS THUS FAR !! LET ME KNOW IF NOT XX

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with ref to question notice of default.........

IT ONLY SHOWS OVERDUE AMOUNT £299.70 17/8/2008.............

NO BALANCE OWED OR HOW DEBT HAS BEEN INCURRED.......

NO ADVICE AS TO STOP THIS DEFAULT HAPPENING AGAIN IF PAID IN 28 DAYS..........

AND ALSO A THANK YOU AND IGNORE THIS LETTER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE A PAYMENT OR ARRANGED A PAYMENT PLAN

WITH US..........PLEASE IGNORE THIS LETTER.

1. I NEVER RECEIVED THIS LETTER IN THE FIRST INSTANCE...

2.NO LETTERS FROM CAPONE BEFORE THIS NOTICE INFORMING ME OF RISE IN DEBT OR GOING OVER CREDIT LIMIT...

3.NO MENTION OF MINIMUM PAYMENTS NOT COVERING DEBT......

4.ANY MENTION OF ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT ME BEING A PROBLEM.....

5.NO MENTION THAT I HAVE FAILED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS PRIOR TO NOTICE..

6.NO EXPLANATION AT ALL INFACT.

FROM DATE OF DEFAULT UNTIL LOWELL ONE BROUGHT DEBT JAN 2011... THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY ATTEMPTS BY

CAPONE TO COLLECT ON IT?

NO WARNING LETTERS..NO STATEMENTS SENT... NO VERBAL CONTACT VIA LAND LINE OR MOBILE...

7.I WAS NOT HIDDEN..I WAS NOT HIDING...FOR APPARENTLY CAPONE FOUND ME TO DEFAULT ME IN 2008..

AND LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE FOUND ME WHEN APPLYING FOR... BANKRUPTCY WITH EQUITY

LINED UP IN MY HOME

ALLEGEDLY....

8.SERVER HAD NO PROBLEM FINDING MY POST BOX +2........ALLEGEDLY...

9.YET FOR A PERIOD OF 17 MONTHS AND .....17 PAYMENTS BY DD...........CAPONE HAVE

SHOWN NO PROOF AS TO

PRIOR ATTEMPTS PRE POST OR PAST POST..........REGARDING THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT 2006

AGREEING LIMIT TO ME

OF £500 PAYABLE BY DD AND SHOWING I HAD PPI ON CARD I DID NOT ASK FOR AND CARD PROTECTION I DID NOT

NEED......

10.AND ALL OF ABOVE NOT WORTH PAPER IT WAS WRITTEN ON............

11. I READ AS ADVISED WOODCHESTER V SWAIN WITH GREAT INTEREST AND CAN SEE I MIGHT STILL INCUR COSTS..

BUT MY ARGUMENT HERE IS THAT CAPONE FAILED IN THEIR DUTY TO KEEP ME UP TO DATE AND AWARE OF ANY BREACH

OF CONTRACT/ MONTHLY INCURRED DEBTS/ TAKE STEPS TO CONTACT ME BY LETTER / PHONE/ OR ATTEMPT TO TAKE

MORE IN WAY OF DD PAYMENTS TO ALERT ME TO AN ISSUE ................

12.I DON'T FEEL IT WAS ME WHO BREACHED OR DEFAULTED ON THE CCA .......I THINK IT WAS THEM!!

AND ALL OF THIS NIGHTMARE AVOIDABLE IF ONLY A REGISTERED LETTER COST 1.70p HAD

BEEN better ADVISED by JUDGE!!

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: NIGHT ALL XX

CONTACT MADE WITH ME TO REMEDY THE SITUATION GREATLY RECEIVED BY WENDYBOATS AND WATSON ALIKE XX

Edited by wendyboats

with ref to question notice of default.........

IT ONLY SHOWS OVERDUE AMOUNT £299.70 17/8/2008.............

NO BALANCE OWED OR HOW DEBT HAS BEEN INCURRED.......

NO ADVICE AS TO STOP THIS DEFAULT HAPPENING AGAIN IF PAID IN 28 DAYS..........

AND ALSO A THANK YOU AND IGNORE THIS LETTER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE A PAYMENT OR ARRANGED A PAYMENT PLAN

WITH US..........PLEASE IGNORE THIS LETTER.

1. I NEVER RECEIVED THIS LETTER IN THE FIRST INSTANCE...

2.NO LETTERS FROM CAPONE BEFORE THIS NOTICE INFORMING ME OF RISE IN DEBT OR GOING OVER CREDIT LIMIT...

3.NO MENTION OF MINIMUM PAYMENTS NOT COVERING DEBT......

4.ANY MENTION OF ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT ME BEING A PROBLEM.....

5.NO MENTION THAT I HAVE FAILED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS PRIOR TO NOTICE..

6.NO EXPLANATION AT ALL INFACT.

FROM DATE OF DEFAULT UNTIL LOWELL ONE BROUGHT DEBT JAN 2011... THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY ATTEMPTS BY

CAPONE TO COLLECT ON IT?

NO WARNING LETTERS..NO STATEMENTS SENT... NO VERBAL CONTACT VIA LAND LINE OR MOBILE...

7.I WAS NOT HIDDEN..I WAS NOT HIDING...FOR APPARENTLY CAPONE FOUND ME TO DEFAULT ME IN 2008..

AND LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE FOUND ME WHEN APPLYING FOR... BANKRUPTCY WITH EQUITY

LINED UP IN MY HOME

ALLEGEDLY....

8.SERVER HAD NO PROBLEM FINDING MY POST BOX +2........ALLEGEDLY...

9.YET FOR A PERIOD OF 17 MONTHS AND .....17 PAYMENTS BY DD...........CAPONE HAVE

SHOWN NO PROOF AS TO

PRIOR ATTEMPTS PRE POST OR PAST POST..........REGARDING THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT 2006

AGREEING LIMIT TO ME

OF £500 PAYABLE BY DD AND SHOWING I HAD PPI ON CARD I DID NOT ASK FOR AND CARD PROTECTION I DID NOT

NEED......

10.AND ALL OF ABOVE NOT WORTH PAPER IT WAS WRITTEN ON............

11. I READ AS ADVISED WOODCHESTER V SWAIN WITH GREAT INTEREST AND CAN SEE I MIGHT STILL INCUR COSTS..

BUT MY ARGUMENT HERE IS THAT CAPONE FAILED IN THEIR DUTY TO KEEP ME UP TO DATE AND AWARE OF ANY BREACH

OF CONTRACT/ MONTHLY INCURRED DEBTS/ TAKE STEPS TO CONTACT ME BY LETTER / PHONE/ OR ATTEMPT TO TAKE

MORE IN WAY OF DD PAYMENTS TO ALERT ME TO AN ISSUE ................

12.I DON'T FEEL IT WAS ME WHO BREACHED OR DEFAULTED ON THE CCA .......I THINK IT WAS THEM!!

AND ALL OF THIS NIGHTMARE AVOIDABLE IF ONLY A REGISTERED LETTER COST 1.70p HAD

BEEN better ADVISED by JUDGE!!

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: NIGHT ALL XX

CONTACT MADE WITH ME TO REMEDY THE SITUATION GREATLY RECEIVED BY WENDYBOATS AND WATSON ALIKE XX

I FORGOT TO ADD £500 CREDIT AGREEMENT............DD PAID OVER 17 MONTHS £700 + APPROX ......BALANCE OF DEBT BROUGHT BY

LOWELL LOW LIFE TO BANKRUPT ME £850.35................WHAT'S :ranger: THAT SMELL?.... A LOT OF C...

That's very kind of you Wooks, thank you for posting your document. I hope Wendy finds it helpful.

Wendy, I know you're angry, but these posts in block capitals are hard on the eye. :( Also, in forum etiquette, capital letters = shouting, I'm not sure if you knew that.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Wendy, the attached document is how I created a log to get my head around who said what and when.

Don't know what the experts think but it helped me at the time.

Hi wooks001

Thank you for above i think its a excellent idea and thank you for sharing it with me .

I am on the case today and this DOG has defo found a Bone and this forum has given me tools to work with and quotes from law

that have given me the KNOWLEDGE to be in a place of more control again .............

I am getting stronger to take on the BEAST THAT IS LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE and now they have disclosed there case to me i am

picking away at it like a VULTURE WITH ITS DEAD MEAL !! BIG HUGS GUYS :hug: WENDYBOATS HOPES ONE DAY I CAN HELP

OTHERS TOO XXXXX:wave:

That's very kind of you Wooks, thank you for posting your document. I hope Wendy finds it helpful.

Wendy, I know you're angry, but these posts in block capitals are hard on the eye. :( Also, in forum etiquette, capital letters = shouting, I'm not sure if you knew that.

HB

No i did not im so sorry i will take on board what you have advised me..... and yes i suppose it is a sign of anger so apologies to all xx

OH...............i have never laughed so much steamboats:lol:Brilliantly put xx thats what is so ridiculous Lowell low life REALLY think its achievable, but perhaps its because their ruling the DCA empire in all different names, running a muck,and thus far they have been it seems aloud to act outside of the law?

WELL THATS BEFORE THEY CROSSED ME AND MINE AND I AM LIKE THE HOUND OF THE BASTABLES (SHERLOCK HOLMES FILM) ESPECIALLY WITH ALL YOUR HELP :frusty: XX

With the greatest of respect Steampowered asked a direct question regarding the debt rising to £35k and we didn't really get a coherent answer.

Any chance you can provide a full breakdown of this please?

If no validstatutory default notice was served by the creditor, then he clearly was notentitled to commence proceedings to enforce the credit agreement! Which he did and obtained judgment in defaultagainst you because you were not served with his claim, therefore, based uponall material posted here thus far by you Watson, you must challenge thelegality of this bankruptcy Order and assert that there has been an error oflaw in the process of this matter.

Further, Watsonyou said you made the application for this credit agreement on-line and wassent a copy for your signatory to be placed thereon and then send back to thecreditor. As regards the box for the ppielement of the agreement, is the tick placed therein a hand written tick or a computerized/electronictick? I believe you when you say thatyou did not apply for ppi on this agreement, I can see through your posts thatyou speak with conviction.

I really do understandhow angry this matter has made you, to be branded a liar or as a person who istrying to get out of paying a sum of money, but remember this Watson, theentity that sets about to debase you, is the lowest form of life here on earthand that there are creatures in the sewers who are far more worthy than theseuseless clay robots that seek to break you and your superior spirit.

I sincerelybelieve that you have sufficient grounds to appeal this matter and that youought to set about making your appeal against this wrong as soon aspossible. True to say that such anappeal will be out of time as regards CPR Pt 52 Appeals, notwithstanding that,I believe you have a right recognised in law to make such a late applicationseeking to annul this bankruptcy Order.

Bear with me Watson,because I need to read through the WhiteBook Vol. 1 2013 on out of time/late Appeals under CPR (Civil Procedure Rules)under the Pt 52 and peruse the case law thereon. When I have undertaken this, I shall revertback to you and post up my findings on the same.

Below you willfind the relevant section of the CCA 1974 (as amended – in 2006) as regards thestatutory default notice element of your case, which you contend was neverserved on you and the contents of which are challenged on the scope, nature andaccuracy of the breach relied upon therein by the creditor.

Further, whichparty in this matter is claiming legal costs of £34+k, the original creditor orthe trustee?

87 Need for default notice.E+W+S+N.I.

(1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer inaccordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before thecreditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor orhirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a)to terminate the agreement, or

(b)to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

©to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d)to treat any right conferred on the debtor orhirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e)to enforce any security.

(2)Subsection (1) does not prevent the creditorfrom treating the right to draw upon any credit as restricted or deferred, andtaking such steps as may be necessary to make the restriction or defermenteffective.

(3)The doing of an act by which a floating chargebecomes fixed is not enforcement of a security.

(4)Regulations may provide that subsection (1) isnot to apply to agreements described by the regulations.

[F1(5)Subsection (1)(d)does not apply in a case referred to in section 98A(4) (termination orsuspension of debtor's right to draw on credit under open-end agreement).]

88 Contents and effect of default notice.E+W+S+N.I.

(1)The default notice must be in the prescribedform and specify—

(a)the nature of the alleged breach;

(b)if the breach is capable of remedy, what actionis required to remedy it and the date before which that action is to be taken;

©if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum(if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach, and the datebefore which it is to be paid.

(2)A date specified under subsection (1) must notbe less than [F214]days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or ownershall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date sospecified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those [F214]days have elapsed.

(3)The default notice must not treat as a breachfailure to comply with a provision of the agreement which becomes operativeonly on breach of some other provision, but if the breach of that otherprovision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded under subsection (1) isnot duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under subsection (1)) if the [F214]days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the creditor or owner may treatthe failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to it.

(4)The default notice must contain information inthe prescribed terms about the consequences of failure to comply with it [F3and any otherprescribed matters relating to the agreement].

[F4(4A)The defaultnotice must also include a copy of the current default information sheet undersection 86A.]

(5)A default notice making a requirement undersubsection (1) may include a provision for the taking of action such as ismentioned in section 87(1) at any time after the restriction imposed bysubsection (2) will cease, together with a statement that the provision will beineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the compensation duly paid.

Kind regards Watson and to all other CAG Memberswho are trying to help you on this matter

Your friend The Mould

With the greatest of respect Steampowered asked a direct question regarding the debt rising to £35k and we didn't really get a coherent answer.

I was not being disrespectful to above, purely lightning up a very stressful situation that's taken over my life! I apologize to all if i appear flippant in reply :sad:

With that said i feel very sad Ganymede at you need to comment on it in such a demeaning manner i feel truly inbarrist and a little intimidated by it!

This is all new to me and i am aware i need to give facts and information clearly..........

For you all to advise me as i have requested, but please don't scold me if i did not understand a question asked of me and then found some humor when i realise what's asked.....

My amusement came from that question and reply because that is the whole point of my dillema....

Gap.....

The original debt was £500.....I was made Bankrupt with charges added by CAPONE to a total of £350.... i paid nearly £800 in

direct debit payment........... but never informed by Capone re;charge............ so never new Card was in default.......

Total debt £850 ............. + 2 unproven phone debts.... £218.42........£597.80.......£1,666.57 made me bankrupt.

Gap...

Lowell solicitors...£3,561 in legal costs + recently added. (£2,876 legal cost of loosing my appeal )

Trustee cost £5,481 + Addons each month and at date 26/10/2012

Trustees solicitors cost £2,830 at date 26/10/2012

That is total of my debt at the date 26/10/012 with goodwill discount of £4,749 if i paid full amount ASAP

Its one year and 3 months later and after loss of appeal Trustee now requests £20,000 + sale of house to get equity so..

The debt will rise and rise till she gets most of my equity....... which is £37,000 !

I was not being disrespectful to above, purely lightning up a very stressful situation that's taken over my life! I apologize to all if i appear flippant in reply :sad:

With that said i feel very sad Ganymede at you need to comment on it in such a demeaning manner i feel truly inbarrist and a little intimidated by it!

This is all new to me and i am aware i need to give facts and information clearly..........

For you all to advise me as i have requested, but please don't scold me if i did not understand a question asked of me and then found some humor when i realise what's asked.....

My amusement came from that question and reply because that is the whole point of my dillema....

Gap.....

The original debt was £500.....I was made Bankrupt with charges added by CAPONE to a total of £350.... i paid nearly £800 in

direct debit payment........... but never informed by Capone re;charge............ so never new Card was in default.......

Total debt £850 ............. + 2 unproven phone debts.... £218.42........£597.80.......£1,666.57 made me bankrupt.

Gap...

Lowell solicitors...£3,561 in legal costs + recently added. (£2,876 legal cost of loosing my appeal )

That is total of my debt at the date 26/10/012 with goodwill discount of £4,749 if i paid full amount ASAP

Its one year and 3 months later and after loss of appeal Trustee now requests £20,000 + sale of house to get equity so..

The debt will rise and rise till she gets most of my equity....... which is £37,000 !

Watson, below you will find important information as regardslate/out of time applications to the Court of Appeal, research the case lawcited therein.

Rule 52.6Variation of time

52.6 †

(1) An application to vary the time limit for filing anappeal notice must be made to the appeal court.

(2) The parties may not agree to extend any date or timelimit set by—

(a) these Rules;

(b) Practice Direction 52; or

© an order of the appeal court or the lower court.

(Rule 3.1(2)(a) provides that the court may extend orshorten the time for compliance with any rule, practice direction or courtorder (even if an application for extension is made after the time forcompliance has expired).)

(Rule 3.1(2)(b) provides that the court may adjourn or bringforward a hearing.)

Consequences ofrefusal to extend time

52.6.1 If a circuit judge or a High Court judge declines toextend time for appealing against the decision of a lower court, that decisiondoes not have the same finality as a refusal of permission to appeal. Thedisappointed party may (if they obtain permission) appeal against the decisionthat time should not be extended. See Foenander v Bond Lewis & Co [2001]EWCA Civ 759; [2002] 1 W.L.R. 525.

The practical consequences of this decision need to be bornein mind by judges dealing with applications under r.52.6(1). These consequenceswere spelt out by Brooke L.J. in Foenander at para.19:

"The logic of this decision is that if a circuit judgeor a High Court judge sitting in an appeal court has the choice of disposing ofa belated and unmeritorious appeal either by refusing to extend time forappealing or by refusing permission to appeal, he/she should bear in mind thattaking the latter course will bring the appellate proceedings to an end. Theadoption of the former course, on the other hand, may entail further expenseand delay while a challenge is launched at a higher appeal court against thedecision not to extend time for appealing."

Criteria to beapplied on applications to extend time

52.6.2 On applications under r.52.6 to extend time forappealing after expiry of the time limit, it is necessary to have regard to thechecklist in r.3.9. This is because the applicant has not complied withr.52.4(2) and, in the absence of relief, the applicant will be unable toappeal: see Sayers v Clarke Walker [2002] EWCA Civ 645 at [21]; [2002] 1 W.L.R.3095. In cases where the arguments for granting or refusing an extension oftime are otherwise evenly balanced, the court should evaluate the merits of theproposed appeal in order to form a judgment on what the applicants will belosing if time is not extended: see Sayers v Clarke Walker at [34]. In Smith vBrough [2005] EWCA Civ 261 the Court of Appeal, in the course of refusing toextend time by 39 months, stressed the importance of finality in litigation.

In Smith v Kvaerner Cementation Foundations Ltd [2006] EWCACiv 242; [2007] 1 W.L.R. 370 the claimant was granted permission to appeal, despite his delay of four years inapplying to the Court of Appeal. The paramount consideration in that case wasthat the claimant at trial had been denied his right under ECHR art.6 to a fairhearing before an independent and impartial tribunal. There was also a goodexplanation for his failure to pursue an appeal earlier. (my emphasis added)

If an application to extend time for appealing is made intime (i.e. it is made prospectively), then r.3.9 does not apply: see thereasoning of the Court of Appeal in Robert v Momentum Services Ltd [2003] EWCACiv 299; [2003] 2 All E.R. 74.

Where, in an appeal brought under a statute, the time limitfor filing the notice of appeal is fixed, not by r.52.4, but by the statuteitself, the court may lack power to extend that limit under r.3.1(2)(a); seepara. 52.4.1.1 above.

Kind regards

The Mould

The fact that you were not served with the claim, denied you your right as a Defendant under ECHR Art.6 to a fair hearing and a decision based upon all facts/circumstances presented by the Claimant and all facts/circumstances presented to the Court in response to the same.

Kind regards Watson

The Mould

When you had your interview with the Official Receiver where you run through all of your debts / hand over cheque books / cards etc / give details of any pensions did they ask you if any of the debts were disputed ? (usually you put a large 'D' when they interview you about your debts for any that are disputed).

I notice that you seem to be attempting quite a bit of damage limitation here and it is unlikely that you will be able to claim anything back to yourself (any money due to you will have to go to the trustee, they will love you for helping them out to reclaim any fees / missold PPI.). The fact that you can't even fight this now as your solicitor as it seems failed to have any kind of knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act or even much knowledge of the process. If you had proof that you weren't even at a specific address then it should have been instantly overturned. I have heard of cases where a judge will throw out the servers affadavit due to there being an empty house next door, shared access to houses / flats and even problems with the postal service.

Were there any earlier (petition) hearings which were adjourned where either you or the opposing side didn't attend ?

Gap.....

Gap...

You paid £800 in against a claimed debt of £850, with £350 of such being made up of charges! Therefore, you only owed £50 to Cap One!

The phone debts, whether proven or not, have nothing to do with Cap One credit agreement!

Your were taken to Court by your creditor right? Cap One, your own records show that you owed them only £50 is that correct Watson?

Forget the phone debts, the phone Co, would need to commence a separate action for recovery of sum claimed, nothing to do with Cap One credit agreement!

Were Cap One assigned these phone debts? If not, none of their business, because a stranger to a contract cannot enforce any terms thereof.

Who was the provider of the phone service - BT, 3, T-Mobile - who Watson?

Kind regards

The Mould

Forgive me everyone i will answer all soon

Just to clarify Capone sold my debt to lowell portfolio one in 2011 and they used it to make me bankrupt not Capone

I have got all info AFTER court case and a year + later...... and i'm going on what they have submitted in evidence

Did you receive a notice of assignment from Cap one pursuantto s.136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and did Cap one serve upon you a validstatutory default notice pursuant to s.87(1) CCA 1974 (as amended)?

Did Lowell purchase the said phone debts?

Answer the above and all other questions at your earliest convenienceWatson and I apologise in advance if my post here have placed you under anypressure.

Kind regards

The Mould

Lowell DCA brought T Mobile phone debt and 3G mobile debt in 2008 then in 2011 brought Capital one debt......

The capone debt was £850 enough to go to bankruptcy court...

ALL info i have came from my appeal to annul that took a year to get from Lowell most came 5 days before my appeal !

On losing i asked my solicitor for all paperwork this is where i'm getting all the information from....

I payed by DD set up on opening card i never stopped payments up until i felt it must have been well over paid with my min payments and PPI

I never got one single letter from Capone during the period leading up to Default or period after......

I had no clue !!!

Lowell DCA brought T Mobile phone debt and 3G mobile debt in 2008 then in 2011 brought Capital one debt......

The capone debt was £850 enough to go to bankruptcy court...

ALL info i have came from my appeal to annul that took a year to get from Lowell most came 5 days before my appeal !

On losing i asked my solicitor for all paperwork this is where i'm getting all the information from....

I payed by DD set up on opening card i never stopped payments up until i felt it must have been well over paid with my min payments and PPI

I never got one single letter from Capone during the period leading up to Default or period after......

I had no clue !!!

When were you making these DD payments totalling £800 and who were you paying these to ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Total debt £850 ............. + 2 unprovenphone debts.... £218.42........£597.80... ....£1,666.57 made me bankrupt. But this is minus your payments of £800 which= £800.00 against the £1,666.57 and novalid statutory default notice served by Cap One, and as far as we know, no notice of assignmentserved by T-Mobile or 3G pursuant to s.136 law of property Act 1925 that suchaccounts/debts had been assigned to Lowell.

Further, Lowell did not serve the claimupon you, which should only have been for the sum of £866.57, taking intoaccount the £800.00 paid by you..

Further, prior to assignment of the Cap One agreement, Cap one ought to have served you with a validstatutory default notice pursuant to s.87(1) of CCA (as amended) which you clearly state was not served, therefore, your rights under said s.87(1) were denied by original creditor, the new owner of this account – Lowell (if assignment was legal), was under a statutory duty pursuant to s.87(1)CCA 1974 (as amended) to serve upon youa valid default notice, which must beaccurate in both the terms and scope of breach relied upon therein and theamount required to be paid by you to remedy the breach relied upon therein,before commencement of enforcement action if you should default on the same.

There is clearly mis-sold ppi on the credit agreement, the mis-sold ppi must be set off against theamount claimed thereon, which, must be against the £866.57 and this would bring theactual amount owing under the £750.00 threshold for bankruptcy Orders!.

This is my opinion based upon thecomprehensive material posted here thus far by Watson (Wendyboats) – this means that the bankruptcy Order must byannulled and Watson must make the necessary arrangements to repay the actualdebt owed, the costs of £34k+ claimed by both lowell and the trustee must besubject to detailed assessment by costs Judge. I believe that only a merefraction of these costs can be claimed and justified as owing against aquestionable debt of £888.57.

The most important factor in this matteris that an error of law and process has caused an injustice to Wendyboats, this must be undone for the common good of alland be seen to be undone.

The above is my opinion, I stand firm onthe same based upon the material posted here by Wendyboats – Watson.

Kind regards

The Mould

Did you receive a notice of assignment from Cap one pursuantto s.136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and did Cap one serve upon you a validstatutory default notice pursuant to s.87(1) CCA 1974 (as amended)?

Did Lowell purchase the said phone debts?

Answer the above and all other questions at your earliest convenienceWatson and I apologise in advance if my post here have placed you under anypressure.

Kind regards

The Mould

BEEN THROUGH EVERYTHING WHAT YOU ASK IS NOT IN EVIDENCE FROM LOWELL IN COURT PAPERS ON DISC I WAS SENT .

It seems they state in letters to soli it was sent to him in april yet he constantly asks for it??? i thought it on disc but its not as you state.. more like into letter fom capone and lowell dated same day??

With all of above in mind from the mould what the hell do i do now i have establish all the above and not including other factors i have mentioned

here....................Please tell me if i'm wrong but is this classed as..........A criminal act ?

If answer is yes i need to report the crime.....if no........Where do i go to find a legal aid barrister to represent my case in appeal court?

Because as yet i have not been given one of merit by Law line?

Forgot to add that in lowells court papers on the default notice of 1 12 2011 is from Hamptons and not lowells?

Edited by wendyboats

26th October 2012 trustee claims costs of ££2,830.00

15 months later trustee claims to have incurred a further £17,170.00+ in costs, request a voluntary detailed breakdown of these costs andstate that you intend to make an application to the High Court for a detailedassessment of all costs claimed in this matter, if no satisfactory response is providedwithin 14 days of receipt as you do not accept liability for these excessiveand disproportionate costs against such a minor unqualified debt, which hasonly been obtained by means of judgment in default as a result of originalcreditors’ non service of claim and breach of his statutory duty under s.87(1)CCA 1974 (as amended).

Further, state to trustee that your records ( documentaryevidence) show that you made £800.00 inpayments against the claimed £1,666.57 and that there is mis-sold ppi on thecredit agreement which must be offset against the amount claimed on the credit agreement andthat this sum remaining would fall under the £750 limit for bankruptcy Order,further, state that the original creditor failed to serve a valid statutorydefault notice on you pursuant to s.87(1) CCA 1974 (as amended) and that it is your intention to make alate/out of time appeal under CPR Pt 52 against the original judgment which wasobtained by the original creditor in default as a result of non-service of hisclaim and, amongst other things, in contravention of his statutory duty toserve a valid default notice upon me pursuant to s. 87(1) of said Act.

State to the trustee that it is established and settled lawthat ppi has been mis-sold to the consumer and that all creditors/banks areunder a duty to repay the ppi to the consumer, the same principles apply tothis present case and the trustee must offset the ppi owed to you under thecredit agreement, he must also deduct the £800.00 that you have paid to thecreditor under the same, he will then understand that the bankruptcy Order mustbe annulled. Request his response within7 days of receipt. If he fails toprovide his proof of the debt claimed (which for the avoidance of doubt, youdeny) or his satisfactory response to this matter within the time scale statedabove that may bring about an amicable resolution to the same that is suitablefor all parties concerned, then you will have no option but to lodge yourappeal against this bankruptcy order and leave this matter to the Court ofAppeal to decide upon.

Kind regards

The Mould

With reference to above,

Wendyboats ( Watson) has sent above to trustee this hour and thanks my Partner for all his hard work done this far,

I know i still have a way to go but i know you are all with me every step, and i will keep you all informed daily.

I realise the conclusion of this case could have dramatic effect on those involved in the DC industry and has been a long time coming ...and i

intend to keep fighting them as you all do!

I am hopeful that what i have in this case,with the help of The Mould and you all shall now open the can of worms ............. xxxxxxxxx

Wendyboats :grouphug: is grateful to everyone who gave, and will give, support and advice,and feels ecstatic tonight in sending the

TRUSTEE the email xx :whoo: