• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, now want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI GUYS

ACCORDING TO STATEMENTS I PAYED BY WAY OF DD £738.35p APPROX OFF THE DEBT TO CAP ONE !! I'M NO GOOD AT ADDING UP SO THIS IS MUCH LESS THAN ACCURATE TOTAL!:jaw:

17 PAYMENTS OVER 17 MONTHS !! I KNEW IN MY MIND I MUST HAVE PAYED OFF WHAT I ASSUMED AND BELIEVED I OWED + I THOUGHT PPI WAS PAYING IT OFF TOO !

AT THIS RATE IN MY MIND THEY OWE ME MONEY !!!:smile: XX

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for that xx:-d

I FORGOT TO ADD.....I HAVE ASKE TRUSTEE TO LOOK INTO PPI CLAIM SINCE AUGUST 2012.............I WROTE TO CAPONE MYSELF IN JULY 2013 REQUESTING PAYING BACK PPI AND EXCESSIVE FEES ADDED AS ADVISED TO ME BY FCA AND BY RECORDED DELIVERY.

ON 7th AUGUST I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM TRUSTEE WITH WHAT SHE STATED WAS THE REPLY FROM MY LETTER DATED 3 DAYS AFTER I SENT IT?

CAPONE CLAIMED BECAUSE I TICKED BOX THEY DON'T OWE ME £0.00.... TRUSTEE GAVE ME 22 DAYS TO RESPOND OR SHE WOULD CLOSE CLAIM AND HER DECISION WAS NOT NEGOTIABLE.

ON FURTHER LOOKING AT LETTER FROM CAPONE I NOTICED THE DATE STAMPED ON IT READ 29 JUL 2012............

YET SHE HAD NEVER TOLD ME SHE HAD RECEIVED LETTER ?????????

I HAVE WRITTEN TO CAPONE AGAIN RECORDED DELIVERY AGAIN ASKING FOR ORIGINAL AG/ STATEMENTS SENT TO MY ADDRESS/LETTERS SENT TO MY ADDRESS PRIOR TO SELLING TO LOWELL PORT ONE/ AND AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY I HAVE IN MY POSSESSION 2 AG IN MY NAME.......DIFFERENT MONTHS AND DIFFERENT WRITTEN SIGNATURES .............. AND UNREADABLE TEXT OF CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT....I GAVE THEM 12 WORKING DAYS....TIME UP THIS MONDAY !

TONIGHT I FEEL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A YEAR I CAN SLEEP WITHOUT WAKING UP IN A COLD SWEAT..........AFTER HAVING THE RECURRING NIGHTMARE THAT NO ONE BELIEVES ME OR CAN HELP ME....

BUT THANKS TO MANY MANY PEOPLE AND ESPECIALLY THE KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM GIVEN BY THE MOULD....(SHERLOCK HOLMES)" ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSON!"

I CAN SEE A LIGHT AT THE END OF MY TUNNEL XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thought i would sleep tonight after the BUZZ i got sending email to Trustee but i want an end to this deception its taken my life away from my family and my friends and my sanity !!

I want to scream and shout HOW DARE YOU LIE ABOUT ME :rant:

I am not one who deliberately avoids what is mine or does not deals with issues BIG or SMALL and i take being classed as a deceitful person very hard and thats why i have not slept in months and why iv sat at computer day and night..........

I have 5 children and 11 Grandchildren ....1 of which is in my care..........I have been made Bankrupt in my absence and had all my benefits stopped since this April because as a Grandmother\Mother i wanted to be their and support them............But the costs have been high to do that :violin:

But i'm a fighter a believer in TRUTH and HONESTY and i will fight on and i can fight on thanks too CAG LOVE YOU ALL :whoo:X

It seems to me that the problem here is a lack of information. I have been following this thread and are discussing relatively small debts. There is no explanation of how relatively small debts ended up at 35k. It is very difficult to start challenging things if you do not have the paperwork. If there were court proceedings, you need to make sure you have a full copy of the court file. Otherwise, you need to be getting a copy of the correspondence and breakdown of costs.

Have you met with the trustee to talk through this?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

It seems to me that the problem here is a lack of information. I have been following this thread and are discussing relatively small debts. There is no explanation of how relatively small debts ended up at 35k. It is very difficult to start challenging things if you do not have the paperwork. If there were court proceedings, you need to make sure you have a full copy of the court file. Otherwise, you need to be getting a copy of the correspondence and breakdown of costs.

Have you met with the trustee to talk through this?

Morning steampowerd

No the Trustee is in leeds, she was it seems appointed by LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE!

she is the most arrogant,heartless person iv ever had the" MISFORTUNE TO SPEAK TOO"

I HAVE GOT ALL PAPER WORK USED BY THEM IN COURT AND THATS WHAT IV USED TO GIVE YOU ALL ON GAG TO HELP ME .:-)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS XX

Morning steampowerd

No the Trustee is in leeds, she was it seems appointed by LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE!

she is the most arrogant,heartless person iv ever had the" MISFORTUNE TO SPEAK TOO"

I HAVE GOT ALL PAPER WORK USED BY THEM IN COURT AND THATS WHAT IV USED TO GIVE YOU ALL ON GAG TO HELP ME .:-)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS XX

Wendyboats -

Is it possible to list out the paperwork you have, and the date of each document? I think this would help people. I can't help but think there are some gaps in our understanding on this thread.

A spreadsheet is probably the easiest way to do this as you can easily insert new lines and columns, I got a bit lost with dates etc on my own case with the FOS.

I am not very good at techno stuff wooks001 perhaps you could advise me how to to that please and i will give it ago :madgrin: xxx

I will try my best but perhaps it may help me if i knew what gaps you referred to steamboats:???:

Wendyboats thanks you for you input to my plight ! Xx

How a debt of less than 1k became a debt of 35k is the gap.

How a debt of less than 1k became a debt of 35k is the gap.

OH...............i have never laughed so much steamboats:lol:Brilliantly put xx thats what is so ridiculous Lowell low life REALLY think its achievable, but perhaps its because their ruling the DCA empire in all different names, running a muck,and thus far they have been it seems aloud to act outside of the law?

WELL THATS BEFORE THEY CROSSED ME AND MINE AND I AM LIKE THE HOUND OF THE BASTABLES (SHERLOCK HOLMES FILM) ESPECIALLY WITH ALL YOUR HELP :frusty: XX

Dear Wendyboats Watson

Hounds are precisely what these creditors are. I have two hounds of my own Watson, SiberianHuskies and I can assure you that they are no Baskervilles.

Lots of different figures involved here. Your instructed solicitors were correct toargue non service of claim, but they failed to establish, and it appears didnot challenge, whether or not the creditor was entitled to the enforcementaction as regards the credit agreement! I believe that your sols should not have argued that the debt claimedhad not been proved, rather they should have argued with non-service of claim,no valid default notice served and mis-sold ppi on the agreement, which failedto pay the monthly payments when you made your claim under the same, which you,being an ordinary consumer (no offence Watson) believed that the ppi was covering thepayments due, therefore, rendering the ppi as worthless.

These costs incurred by the creditor/or trusteee of approx. £34k against a claimed debt of around£1,650.00, have they ever been subject to a detailed assessment beforea costs Judge? Have you ever beenprovided with a summary assessment of these incredibly high costs?

I personally do not accept the Judge’s decision in the lowerCourt as regards service of the claim, your explanation as to why you were notaware of the proceedings is perfectly acceptable and logical, the fact that youwere not served the claim is sufficient grounds for a set aside!

District Judges in the lower Courts, Masters and even HighCourt Judges sometimes get it wrong because, even though they are veryintelligent, they do not know all law,that is the reason why we have the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, theLords and Ladies who sit in these higher Courts know all law and do not requireany barrister to direct them on any matter of law.

Look very closely at the said default notice in this matter,the figure stated therein to remedy the breach relied upon must be accurate, ifit is not, then the DN is invalid and the bankruptcy Order must beannulled. The DN provides you with 28days to remedy the breach, statute requires 14 clear days for such notice (CCA1974 s.87(1) – as amended), if the amount stated in the DN is incorrect, thenyou can rely upon a case cited as Woodchester v Swain; research this case andprint off the full transcript thereof (from Bailii) as you will be able to relyupon this authority in respect of the DN element of your argument (that is onlyif the amount stated in DN is not accurate!).

I believe that you have issues here that warrant an appealthat respectfully requests an annulment of this bankruptcy Order against you.

The more information – dates, figures and facts that you canprovide us with, will place us all in a greater position of understanding thecircumstances of your case , which in turn will help us to provide you with themost professional and personal and up to date advice to help you advance yourcase through to success (which is what I believe we are all aiming for).

“Success is notnecessarily limited to an outright win; success is about achieving a positive,satisfactory and amicable resolution to the dispute for all parties concerned”.– The Mould

I believe non-service of claim, invalid default notice (ifyou can investigate this area Watson to establish that the DN in question wasindeed invalid) and mis-sold ppi are the grounds upon which you ought to placeyour challenge/ appeal against this bankruptcy Order.

We are all here with you, and we shall be holding your handevery step of the way down this most challenging road.

Kind regards Watson and all other helpers here

The Mould

At 221b

The mould

i am on the case, you're greatly honored watson will go through all again and write up exact words and totals for the capital one debt and give its exact..... Wording/....dates/ and time limits.

I shall begin with easy one first q1. No it has not as far as i am aware been in front of judge of assessment.

I shall get back to you with rest......as always kind friend i bless you xxx

I would like to just add about trustee i have emails to her and from her in august 2012 asking about how capone was£850 as i thought i had PPI she said it did not matter to me as it would go to her anyway!

I also sent her the link by THE BBC WATCHDOG RE LOWELL PORTFOLIO ONE Regarding my concerns about Service and more...

She assured me she would look into all of above.............:|

Edited by wendyboats
info update

THE MOULD

Q.2 Capital one NOTICE OF DEFAULT UNDER S.87(1) CCACT 1974

I THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE ITS UNDER DIFFERENT CCA ?

DATE 17/8/2008

Overdue amount ;£299.70

You have broken CAPONE CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT by going over credit limit/ clause 4.

You must pay amount you have gone over as shown above within 28 days of this letter.

ADVICE ON ABOVE YEAR PLEASE ; :?: Watson x

Quick one here...

THE MOULD ................Could that be why the CCA they sent from court is unreadable ? So clause 4. Can not be checked as

to the year of CCA being 1974 act not amended or is this proper for that year? Watson returning to next..........

The trustee cannot be trusted Watson, keep that at the forefront of your mind at all times.

These costs of some £34k really do need to be subject to detailed assessment by a costs Judge! I believe, based upon the material posted here thus far by you, that such costs are excessive and wholly disproportionate to amount claimed by original creditor.

How many hearings have been held in respect of this matter and did your opponents' reps attend each hearing?

Please concentrate on the said default notice in question, compare the figure stated therein with your own records.

I understand that you were not living at the address to which the creditor served the claim on, how and when did you find out about the CCJ - judgment in default of the same. Further, did you contact the creditor about this and did you make any arrangements to repay the same at a rate that is within your means for that period.

Further still, at any time before CCJ, did you exchange any correspondence with your creditor as regards this account and was any agreement reached between you two parties in respect of you repaying the debt?

Kind regards

The Mould

Not all penicillin is bad for you, but for the robots too much can be lethal, let's inject a maximum dose and see these robots malfunction.

THE MOULD

DATE 17/8/2008

Overdue amount ;£299.70

You have broken CAPONE CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT by going over credit limit/ clause 4.

You must pay amount you have gone over as shown above within 28 days of this letter.

What does clause 4 of the credit agreement state? At date of this letter, how much in arrears were you actually in default of?

Kind Regards

The Mould

Quick one here...

THE MOULD ................Could that be why the CCA they sent from court is unreadable ? So clause 4. Can not be checked as

to the year of CCA being 1974 act not amended or is this proper for that year? Watson returning to next..........

Really Watson? Is the CCA supplied by creditor illegible? When in 2006 did you apply for this credit agreement and when in 2006 was the same concluded?

Kind regards

The Mould

Going off-line for a short while Watson, be back soon.

Ok sorry the mould my detective mind is going into warp drive and sometimes i must be corrected by my mentor !

Q3.statement of default capone

date 19/9/2008

balance £850.35

credit limit £500

overdue amount£140.89

as of the 17/8/2............. Date incomplete ? YOU HAVE DEFAULTED AND YOU OWE US £299.70.

WE HAVE RIGHT TO....DEMAND ALL COSTS IN FULL IMMEDIATELY...WE MAY ADD REASONABLE COSTS,,,WE MAY SELL TO DCC....WE MAY PLACE WITH DCA.

OK Watson

17th August 2008, the DN states you owe £326.35.

19th September 2008 statement of default statesthat as of 17th August 2008 you owe them £299.70.

The default notice appears to me to be invalid as regardsthe terms and scope of the breach and the amount required to remedy such – see Woodchesterv Swain.

Kind regards

The Mould

OK Watson

17th August 2008, the DN states you owe £326.35.

19th September 2008 statement of default statesthat as of 17th August 2008 you owe them £299.70.

The default notice appears to me to be invalid as regardsthe terms and scope of the breach and the amount required to remedy such – see Woodchesterv Swain.

Kind regards

The Mould

TO CONFIRM THE MOULD

Default letter 17/8/2008.......NOTICE HAS ONE TOTAL ABOVE WORDS R;DEFAULT...£299.70

COPIES OF STATEMENTS IN EVIDENCE READ 22/08/2008.......MINIMUM PAY DUE £326.35

STATEMENT OF DEFAULT DATED 19/9/2008................AS ARREARS DATED 17/08/2....£299.70

WATSON WILL NOW TRY AND CLARIFY YOUR EARLIER QUESTIONS

I only knew of bankruptcy as i recall after my ex- husband's elderly mum( who lives at top of the hill that i live down) Received a land registry letter at her address, and what she thought was addressed to her late husband's name.........as initials are the same as ex-husbands late father who passed 5 years earlier............

She became very distressed at first thinking for a moment that the Bungalow she owns was seized !..........

After a family relative read enclosed papers it was established they referred to my address and ex-husband.

I wrote a letter of complaint to land registry with my concerns...........They said that on details of property it states his mums address as place he lived at during transaction of sale!

Just prior to this letters started to come in post from companies offering help to settle debt............

AND LETTER FROM INSOLVENCY ALSO CAME WITH IN DAYS.............

AT THIS TIME I RECALL I DID NOT HAVE LAND REGISTRY LETTER IN MY NAME/ADDRESS........... SO I MADE APPOINTMENT WITH CAB FIRST TO CONFIRM TO ME ALL DOCUMENTS WERE REAL!

I WAS FLOORED WITH UTTER DISBELIEF THAT A BANKRUPTCY HAD BEEN GRANTED AGAINST SALE OF MY HOME..........USING THE METHOD OF RELYING ON A PERSON WHO WORKS FOR THE CREDITOR TO PUSH INTO MY LETTER BOX....

I FELT THIS CANNOT BE TRUE .....AND THEY DID NOT SEND ANY PRIOR LETTERS AT LEAST RECORDED DELIVERY AT COST OF£1.70...

ALSO I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER SAME SURNAME (EX-MOTHER) LIVING 3 MINUTES FROM MY ADDRESS, WHO ALSO HAD MY EX-HUSBAND AND HIS LATE FATHERS SAME INITIALS.......

I ALSO RANG INSOLVENCY NUMBER TO INFORM HIM OF MY APPOINTMENT WITH CAB FIRST TO CONFIRM ALL WAS INDEED REAL AND THEN CONTACTED A SECOND TIME THE INSOLVENCY TO MAKE APPOINTMENT.....DATE EARLY SEPT 2012.

WATSON CONTINUES TO SUPPLY THE MOULD WITH THE DEPTHS OF THIS COMPLEX:madgrin: MESS X

No the mould i never asked for anything till after the court case i never heard from capone concerning any arrears!

..............discovered another discrepancy here ...sir....

On going through the papers i'm getting different dates of.......... 5/ 6/2012 and 7/6/012.........ref; bankruptcy

hearing??...on......... Bw legals own paperwork ?

I received two copies of cca via my soli.............in around may 2013 each was different in date and signature type but

were done on same blank copies of a cca.......same bar codes on bottom of both.... Thats written.... Tex had been

electronically shrunk to unreadable.. Except... Signatures and dates remain audible.. As dose my previous address ?

ONE IS DATED 24th SEP...06 OTHER...14th OCT...06 BOTH HAVE SAME BAR CODE THAT WE HAD TO USE MAG GLASS TO

COMPARE..........BUT DECEIT IS THEIR FOR ALL TO SEE !:sad: XX

THE MOULD

DATE 17/8/2008

SORRY THE MOULD

Overdue amount ;£299.70

CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT 1974 DATED 17th AUGUST 2OO8 XX