Vodafone Contract - account overdrawn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Recently my niece had taken out a mobile phone/monthly contract package with Carphone Warehouse using network provider Vodafone.

Just a general mistake,

she forgot to ask when the contract would be starting.

What i can't understand is.

The Carphone Warehouse employee who dealt with the sale did not disclose any information to when the contract would be starting anyway.

There is nothing in the Carphone Warehouse printouts/receipts or contract.

Neither did she received a email or letter confirming the start date of contract.

The only time she was aware the contract had started was when she received a bank statement showing the money had been taken out,

and at the same time the transaction forcing her account to become overdrawn.

She has been back to the Carphone Warehouse shop where she purchased the mobile phone/monthly contract,

only to be told by employees the fault lies with Vodafone.

On contacting Vodafone she is told that the fault lies with Carphone Warehouse

Shes has also been into the bank to try and sort her account being overdrawn.

She has explained her dilemma to the bank.

But they are continuing to charge her for being overdrawn.

Can someone please advise to whom the fault lies with.

Carphone Warehouse or Voderfone?

Whats the next step to stop Natwest charging and refunding her for the charges?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel.

Edited by Daniel182

hi we have Vodafone onboard here.

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

****Also you will get an auto reply number. Post the number you get back in YOUR thread ***

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies.

raydetinu Wrote:

I imagine she signed a DD at Carphone warehouse, otherwise they would have no authority to take it!

Yes, she signed the DD. Yellow paper with Direct Debit Guarantee on bottom of page.

So once you sign the DD form the contract starts strait away? No date given? no information? She had no indication whatsoever.

Thanks

Did she get a new phone with this contract, was it working when she left the shop or when she got home.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Daniel182,

I’m sorry to see what’s happened with your niece.

You’ve received some great advice above already, but if you need us to look into this further, your niece can email me with her details via the Contact us form here: http://vdfn.co/email.

She’ll need to quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line to make sure it’s routed to me.

Once she’s received our automated reply, please update the thread with the email reference number and I'll look into this as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Jenny

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Once again, thanks to all that replied.

Thanks Jenny from Vodafone, i will pass on information.

Unfortunately I've got a little mixed up with my post, I'm sorry to all that replied. Please accept my apologies. I have since spoken to my niece again. I'm told that she went through all the paperwork signed and dated the DD form.

The part i would like to refer to is the first payment transaction. She was never given a date to when the first payment would be taken from her account, by the way of verbal, email or letter. As already stated this caused her account to become overdrawn.

Hopefully Jenny from Vodafone will help. It's just the matter of trying to to sort out the bank problem and stop them charging for going overdrawn.

Thanks

I imagine that would be the first possible date after the contract started; in the absence of anything else.

You should be able to change the date it is taken with the agreement of the payee/service provider.

If it is a variable DD, change it to payment on line if you can, easier to handle to check charges before you pay it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Jenny Vodafone Company Rep

Once she’s emailed, let me know the email reference number and I’ll check it’s in our inbox.

My niece never received a reply via email from Vodafone, so there no email reference number to give you. She did however receive a telephone call from your Web Relations Dept.

She was told, Vodafone are not to blame and will not do anything about it, and The Carphone Warehouse are ones she should be contacting about this problem.

As i have already explained, she has already contacted The Carphone Warehouse and basically been brushed off.

who do you pay via DD is it carphone warehouse or Voda?
Well yesterday my niece contacted Direct Debit, who told her she should of received a minimum of 10 working days advanced notice from Vodafone of when they intended to collect the first payment.

There's never been any advance notice provided by Vodafone in the way of email, letter or verbal. Shes is entitled to make an indemnity claim at her bank.

Lee form Vodafone, your company made this mistake and this has caused my niece a lot of hassle. Thanks to Vodafone my niece has charges of £6 a day she has tried to sort this out with the bank, but they won't stop the charges.

Without going into her out goings each month, let me tell you if Vodafone had of give her notification to when they were going to take out the very first payment. She would of made sure there was enough money in her account to cover the transaction.

I personally think Vodafone should do the right thing and pay for all bank charges and a gesture of goodwill payment.

Edited by Daniel182

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Daniel182,

Please be assured that we'll get back to your niece as soon as we can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

12 days and still you have not been in touch.

To be totally honest, i think your a little short of taking the mick, i'm fed up of you coming on here saying your going to contact her and you don't. Unless Vodafone are going to pay out for the mistake that's been made, i do not see a point of your existence on here.

I would like a answer from Vodafone to why Direct Debit states the problem is down to Vodafone?

Edited by Daniel182