• Tweets

• Thanks for the advice and pointers much appreciated, letter will come from daughter in law but I would type it her up and print it off for her.   The officer told her he could not guarantee it would not happen again like you say I am astounded the Police have time to be stopping a driver who has proved 5 times now that she is legal to be on the road none of it makes sense.
    • We requested evidence for the PCNs and have received this. Where do we go from here?  BW_Legal_Evidence-compressed.pdf
    • Definitely move the cars ASAP, the bailiff will come back and clamp them, don't wait bailiffs can now call on Sundays and most Bank Holidays.
    • What should you do? Totally ignore them. Next time you are there take photographs of Athena's notice at the entrance to the car park plus the position of the others as well as any difference between the T&Cs of their signs. Also a picture of their payment meter as the T&Cs there are often different from the signs. Check with the local council to see if Athena have permission to erect signs and ANPR cameras under the Town & Country [Advertisements] Regulations -they are often online these days. Also ignore any future correspondence from them and their unregulated debt collectors and do not be afraid of ever escalating fees most of which have no basis in Law. The time to come back to us is if they send you a letter of claim where a snotty letter to them may discourage them.Also read other threads on here to get an idea of the numties you are dealing with. One amoeba has more intelligence than all the car parking rogues together. It is still worthwhile contacting Lidl even without your receipt and especially where you have a record of regular visits to them.
    • First, I'm a bit surprised that your local police force has the manpower and time to waste chasing up a complaint from a member of the public that a motability car's paperwork may not be in order, bearing in mind that most forces can't be bothered to follow up reported burglaries, if stories in the popular press are to be believed.  But if that's what the police officer has told you, that's what he's told you.   If you want to follow up his suggestion to make a complaint, check your local force's website for how to do so.  Or (bearing in mind the history of problems that you've had before) write straight to the Chief Constable (website again).   Simply say you want to make a complaint about the number of times your daughter (or whoever) has been stopped by the police for no apparent reason.  Give a list of when and where this has happened and what the outcome was (presumably that the police took no further action).  I would also add that in the latest incident the police officer actually suggested making a complaint about the number of stops.  Not only do you (or your daughter or son or whoever it is) find this police action to be extremely distressing, but you also consider it a waste of scarce police resources.   Ask for an explanation as to why this keeps happening and ask for an assurance that the police will stop doing it.   You may also want to add (see what others advise about this) that the police officer in the latest incident also told you that they had received a call from someone saying that the car's paper work "might not be in order".  Say that you are concerned that whoever made this false allegation is wasting police time.  (You may want to think carefully about this as it may not improve your daughter's relationship with her neighbour!  If the allegation came from the neighbour.)   Those are my initial thoughts but it's a bit late to be thinking clearly.  See what others suggest rather than just relying on my suggestions.   [The letter really needs to come from your daughter (or whichever family member keeps being stopped) and not you, unless you can make it perfectly clear in the letter who it is that is being stopped etc. and that you are complaining on their behalf.  Is that clear?]
  • Our picks

citizenB

Rescued pit bull turned therapy dog - very touching story

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2182 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Jeffrey the therapy dog was a stray set to be euthanized when he was rescued by a Connecticut woman

Jeffrey learned obedience and tested to become a certified therapy dog. He passed 'with flying colours'

Jeffery's signature: painted toenails

A 9-year-old survivor of last year's tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut has found comfort in a place many people wouldn't expect: a stocky, 73-pound pit bull named Jeffrey.

While many would see Jeffrey and run for the hills, Sandy Hook fourth-grader Emma Wishneski considers him one of her closest friends - she even plans to bring a miniature, stuffed version of the dog with her on her upcoming first day of school.

Despite his hulking size - and unwarranted bad reputation - Jeffrey is a registered therapy dog whose job it is to put a smile on the face of a human who may be having a tough time, or suffering from a serious injury or disease.

I love Jeffrey's green painted toenails - a very touching story.

read more :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401976/The-incredible-bond-rescued-pit-bull-turned-therapy-dog-Sandy-Hook-9-year-old.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That's lovely. So nice to hear something positive about these dogs for a change. It backs up my theory that there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.

That's lovely. So nice to hear something positive about these dogs for a change. It backs up my theory that there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.

totally agree with this comment.

Agree 100% Ocelot. My friend spends her entire life sorting out (rehabbing) so called viscious dogs. Its rarely the dog, its mostly the owner who has to be taught to have confidence and authority with kindness.

And I believe that most "problem" dogs are suffering from "fear aggression" which is something they have learnt from their owners reaction to other dogs. "Dogs are like their owners" and we all think of the girl with the outrageous perm standing next to her primped up poodle! Not so, the saying means that dogs can take on their owners personality, so if you like 15 pints and a punch up several times a week, perhaps this type of dog is not for you!

That's a great story about a vastly misunderstood breed. Dogs only want to please their owners, so if you tell/teach your pit bull to kill someone, he probably will.