Hutchinson v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here goes... I've posted my letter asking for a list of charges today (opened a parachute account just in case!). Keep your fingers crossed for me... any hints or tips gratefully recieved, and I'm reading all your posts avidly. Good luck everyone!:-)

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya & Welcome

Wish you luck!!!

not that you need it!!!

You will be fine are long as you remember the Golden Rules: Read, Read, Read as much as you can, FAQ's Step By Step & other peoples threads, all make great reading, it will also give you a better understanding, of what you will be doing over the next few weeks. Once your statements have arrived( allow up to 40days). Get a highlighter pen & go through your statements highlighting the charges, take you time doing this. Keep your thread updated, this helps everyone see how your getting along. But dont forget to read ok...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

I am , I am I'm reading reading reading! I have a week off work and I'm using it well, I promise. Hope I'll become a bit of an expert too, so I can help out on here.

Halifax Current Account

• 1 month later...

Hello folks, a quick update. I sent my prelim on the 24th nov, recorded delivery, but it's not tracked as received yet. Can I only count my 14 days from when they actually get the letter?

Advice much appreciated.

Halifax Current Account

Strange or what - just got the post and it would seem they have got my letter, and this is the response:

Dear Mrs Hutchinson

Thankyou for your letter which was received at this office on the 28th November.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with your charges applied to your acccount.

We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A Customer Relations manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but to help us deal more efficiently with your enquiry, please quote xxxxxxxxx when writing or telephoning the number at the top of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Paul Williams

Customer Relations Officer

HELP!!! So what do I do? Do I carry on with my 14 days, do I let them know I'll still be sending an LBA at the end of the 14 days, or just send it anyway?

All your help is much appreciated.

EDITED TO SAY: sorry, I've re-read the step-by-step instructions, and it says just carry on regardless, sorry folks...

Halifax Current Account

I would wait until the 14 days are up and send in your LBA, you don't need to let them know you'll be sending it - you would probably told them in your 1st letter.

This is what happens Nicky, the Bank will try and dictate the timescales re your complaint and they know they can't, but they'll try anyway!

I Bet you found that leaflet helpful... NOT!

Send in your LBA on the 8th and more importantly - stick to your own deadlines - your abiding by the law in your requests.

Thankyou Thailand - you and this site are so helpful - it's good to know there are people here to support me and just for me to check I'm doing the right thing.

The LBA is typed and I've a reminder to print and post it on the 8th. Thank you again.

Er, yes, the leaflet was... very interesting reading...interesting but irrelevant!

Halifax Current Account

I promise to keep you up to date. The next question is what do I do with the money? Blow it all, pay off some debt, keep it for a rainy day? Ho hum, life's hard when you 've finally got some money!

Halifax Current Account

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning people

Well, the LBA went recorded delivery this morning, then the post came, and I have an offer from the Halifax of £3165. Am I right now to sent the Rejection of Settlement letter, and NOT sign the acceptance form?

Think I'm right, just need some reassurance I'm getting this right!

Halifax Current Account

Hiya

Yes your right, below is a letter for not accepting this offer:

Your Address

Their Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sort Code:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

Your Reference:

In response to your letter offering £xxxx as a goodwill gesture - your offer is accepted only as a partial repayment of the outstanding balance and I do not recognise it as a full and final settlement.

Although I appreciate your offer, I would like to notify you that my request is for £xxxx

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably and swiftly.

Yours Faithfully

(your name)

Hope that helps, just copy & paste it & fill in your details

• Haha 2

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Thankyou both!

Yes, it took me a bit by surprise to be honest :o - they said it amounted to the two highest years' charges, so maybe that's how they work out these offers.

Letter done and will be on way as soon as. OH said, "Oh isn't that enough?" I said, "No, it &*^%$:-x isn't"!!

Halifax Current Account

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicky,

I am matching you stage by stage, and getting my MCOL ready. At least you have had an offer though - I've only had acknowledgement:confused: .

They seem to play different games with different people!!

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

I know, you just can't see any pattern in what they do. I had to pay for mine, my other half didn't, they wrote to him straight away, they ignored me for a while, some people get 40 odd envelopes full of statements, I just got one big one.......

My other half got a letter (photocopied) from a special data access request team, so maybe they're getting a bit more organised. We can but hope :D

You just stick to your dates, though, and you'll win through in the end.

Halifax Current Account

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there

I'm getting ready to file my MCOL now. Just a couple of questions though - here's the money part that I'm putting in:

"Claimant claims: a) return of the amounts debited of £XXXX; b) interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £XXX continuing at *% until judgement or settlement at a daily rate of £0.XX."

Now, I know the first a) XXXX figure (obviously!), but is the b) figure the interest figure at the foot of my spreadsheet, and what is the c) figure?

Help and advice much appreciated, as ever. :)

Halifax Current Account

Thankyou Michael, belatedly.

Another stupid question. I've submitted my MCOL, and it's deemed served on the 7th. Does this mean now that they HAVE to pay the interest part of my claim?

Halifax Current Account