Whatever Happens replacement laptop

bitemarx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My laptop had an accident back in June, and on giving it to the Whatever Happens team, it was returned unrepaired 15 days later.

There was a letter stating that the damage was not covered by the agreement and the extent of the damage was inconsistent with the description of the accident.

This was a case of accidental spillage of coffee on the laptop.

I responded to the letter with a detailed description of how this happened, and asked to have the decision reconsidered.

This was back on the 5th of July.

Since then, I have been regularly calling them on the telephone and as soon as I state the reason for my call,

I'm placed in a queue and my call NEVER GETS ANSWERED.

The longest I've been on hold is 20minutes, beyond which it is impossible for me to wait AND have a normal life. :mad2:

Could someone please advise me on what the possible next steps would be?

I have emailed the local Trading Standards office asking about how I can register a complaint against PC World/Currys, and Im waiting for their reply.

Is there anything else I can do or have the government given CURRYS a free hand in this matter so that they can cheat customers of their hard earned money?

:-x

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

CURRYS have issued a code for me to use in order to get a replacement laptop. I had initially spent 360 pounds to buy my laptop two years ago but the agent on the phone informed me that I wont be getting a replacement for that value, instead the code would enable me to get a laptop with the same specs as the one being replaced.

Do CURRYS give refurbished laptops as replacements? And what kind of choices do I have when I go into the store? If anyone here has been in the same situation, could you please tell me how it goes?

Thank you!

Currys are correct. They are only obliged to give a 'like for like' replacement.

The best way to do it would be to take the code and go to one of their larger stores, or look online. Normally you can find some good refurbished laptops but at a web only price. You can then use the code and get it delivered to your nearest store.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ask in store

my laptop origionally cost £300

my voucher code was £499 so not too shabby

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Currys are correct. They are only obliged to give a 'like for like' replacement.

The best way to do it would be to take the code and go to one of their larger stores, or look online. Normally you can find some good refurbished laptops but at a web only price. You can then use the code and get it delivered to your nearest store.

Or easier still is to reserve and collect online and if the product is web only price, you pay the online price as your reserved it from the online store.