Please help/advise deposit refund being rejected by Optical Express

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my husband went for a laser eye consultation with optical express last friday and paid an £800 deposit. He has been suffering from anxiety/depression for a few weeks, in connection with his job and broke down this morning, when I took him to the doctor. He has been signed off long term sick. Is there any way we could get this deposit of £800 back? as my husband is worried sick about our finances. I phoned Optical Express who said unless he has a medical condition that would mean he could not go ahead with surgery, they could not give us the deposit back, as they say there is a 72 hour cooling off period, from when he signed last Friday, however the paperwork is very misleading as the way we read it was that this 72 hour cooling off period came into place once we have made an offical booking, which we have not done yet. Is it worth him getting a note from the doctor and writing them a letter? Is there an offical body we could complain to?

If anyone could help or advise us I would really appreciate it. Many thanks.

Hi Tashie.

The way I see it is you need to get a note of the docs as he is obviously in no fit state to go ahead with the op.

They state he needs a docs not to get refund so it should be resolved straight away.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I will move your thread to a more appropriate forum once I work out where that might be :-)

I would agree with the above, your doctor can help here. It's a shame though, my son had it done and there is no pain or anything like that and the difference it has made to him and his eyesight is incredible.

On the other point of Optical Express, their attitude stinks and seems to be what has become the norm with all companies now, all they care about is money.