cupcake68

House needs saving but owners have so many CO's and Restrictions there is no point!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2193 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice here please?

There is a house very close to us that is listed and on the Buildings at Risk register. It is falling down and has been empty for some years.

I remember the property being on the market for far too much money some years ago and it never sold.

I have been doing some research and the owners have 7 Charging Orders and many more restrictions on the property although they never actually has a mortgage on it.

It would appear the couple have now left the country and the property to fall to rack and ruin.

I can imagine how things just got on top of them and it was easier to run away but this house really does need looking after.

I should also imagine with so many people having an interest it would be a complete nightmare to try and untangle the mess and the owners probably would end up with nothing so not worth all the hassle and stress.

Does anyone know the rules about such situations?

If the owners were to sell at a low price (bearing in mind they are no longer in the country) would they still be chased for the outstanding balance?

I'm wondering if I could make them a silly offer that they may be interested in just to get it off their backs.

A couple of the restrictions are from the local council who it would seem have spent money securing the property in the owners absence. I also wondered if they may be for the outstanding council tax which must be continuing to add up.

Thanks for your time reading this and any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Cupcake