PCN serial number (not index number) wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a legitimately issued PCN from Bath and North East Somerset Council.

The serial number on the ticket (NOT the index number of my car) is wrong - online payments won't accept and the payment line says too few digits in it to find it to pay it.

Does the inability to pay it invalidate it?

Steve

I have a legitimately issued PCN from Bath and North East Somerset Council.

The serial number on the ticket (NOT the index number of my car) is wrong - online payments won't accept and the payment line says too few digits in it to find it to pay it.

Does the inability to pay it invalidate it?

Steve

How many digits is it including the first two letters?

Interesting.

My reasoning would be that you are obliged to pay that ticket. If you can't do it online, you can use other methods, eg telephone. Ultimately, if they can't take payment for that PCN number, which is the one you were served, then I think you have a case to fight the "real" one as and when they start chasing you for it.

I did try again and its gone through.

that'll teach me for trying to pay my debts straightaway - within eighteen hours of the ticket being applied to my car. and ringing the payment line. and emailing the payments office.

I wonder if me emailing the office stating the correctly printed (but not accepted serial number) allowed the office to alter its records to allow it to accept my cash? I'm not paranoid, they are out to get me - see, they found my car!

thanks for helping here.

steve