LCS DCA saying I own EDF electric bill for my previous address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are four updates since last week:

1. I received an e-mail from LCS last week, saying EDF has modified my account, and the amount of the bill has been reduced to £90.

2. Four days later, I received a letter from LCS. But the amount of the bill has not been reduced (still £1300).

3. Today I got a copy of my credit file. Everything is fine.

4. I have contacted with EDF customer service, they confirmed that they do not have an account with my name and my date of birth.

God knows what LCS were doing (they told me that EDF has modified my account).

Can any one give me some comments, please? Shall I tell LCS that I have contacted with EDF?

Thank you.

sounds like they are trying to fleece you.

if edf say not record of you

then tough luck lcs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Complaint to the OFT. The DCA is using misleading tactics to gain money from you.

Edited by citizenB

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you everyone. I read the e-mail from LCS again, they did not say 'you account', but say 'the account' instead. Therefore, I can not report them for attempted fraud.

Then I contact with EDF customer service, I got some clues:

1. I do not have an account with EDF.

2. My name is not on the bill account list.

3. EDF was the energy supplier.

4. The person named on the account who owes the money is the only person responsible.

5. But if the account holder can not be found, I am still liable for what I have used because I was living there.

It seems that, I am liable on the bill and need to pay. Unfortunately, my tenancy agreement only has my name and 'one room'. So maybe I need to pay for the full bill. I asked LCS to show me the bill letter. They have not replied yet. But I do not think they will give me one.

Now I have only one question, please:

If I need to pay, shall I pay to EDF or LCS? I do not to make the problem worse.(for example LCS may say EDF has sold the bill to LCS so I need to pay LCS)

Many thanks.

Edited by kidkd77

no IF you owe ANYTHING you pay EDF.

however I doubt the fact you were there actually means you owe it..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It seems that, I am liable on the bill and need to pay. Unfortunately, my tenancy agreement only has my name and 'one room'. So maybe I need to pay for the full bill. I asked LCS to show me the bill letter. They have not replied yet. But I do not think they will give me one.

Now I have only one question, please:

If I need to pay, shall I pay to EDF or LCS? I do not to make the problem worse.(for example LCS may say EDF has sold the bill to LCS so I need to pay LCS)

Many thanks.

If your name is not on the account, you owe nothing even if you were living there! In order for them to justify pursuing you, firstly they will need to get the period that you stayed at the residence and you are under no obligation to tell them, secondly what if during that time you were absent from the lodgings for a day or so here and there and never used any electric. They will never go near a court with this as you cannot be held responsible for any one else's debt if you never signed anything.

If your name is not on the account, you owe nothing even if you were living there! In order for them to justify pursuing you, firstly they will need to get the period that you stayed at the residence and you are under no obligation to tell them, secondly what if during that time you were absent from the lodgings for a day or so here and there and never used any electric. They will never go near a court with this as you cannot be held responsible for any one else's debt if you never signed anything.

Unfortunately, I have sent my tenantry agreement to LCS. This is my fault. I should ignore them from the very beginning.

I have talked to EDF, they said if they can not find the account holder, I will need to pay the bill because I used to live there. If I reject, they will sue me.

Today I received an e-mail from LCS, saying they have requested a copy of bill letter to EDF. I will wait for their update.

no IF you owe ANYTHING you pay EDF.

however I doubt the fact you were there actually means you owe it..

dx

Thank you again.

LCS said they have requested a copy of bill letter to EDF. I will wait for their update.

Edited by kidkd77

if your name is not on it

you owe NOWT!!

dx

and they

Unfortunately, I have sent my tenantry agreement to LCS. This is my fault. I should ignore them from the very beginning.

I have talked to EDF, they said if they can not find the account holder, I will need to pay the bill because I used to live there. If I reject, they will sue me.

Today I received an e-mail from LCS, saying they have requested a copy of bill letter to EDF. I will wait for their update.

Please listen to Dx100 and myself.

It does not matter what you sent them as long as you never agree to pay them any money

and even then you can back out as they misrepresented the debt to you.

Your name is NOT on the account.

End of story so they cannot pursue you for someone else's debt.

Smile and forget about their demands as they will not do court,

but if they continue to harass you, you can nail them under the Harassment Act for compensation.

• 1 month later...

Have not heard anything from LCS for two months. I wish EDF did something to stop LCS.

Thank you very much everyone, especially dx100uk, without your help and comments, I may have already paid to LCS. I have learnt quite a lot from this accident.

Many thanks.