• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LCS DCA saying I own EDF electric bill for my previous address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, guys, I really need you help.

I received a letter from LCS saying that I’m responsible for a bill payment at my previous address.

The bill comes from EDF Energy and the period of the bill starts from 2007 to 2011

.However, I only stayed in that address for 2 months with other six people, and I never have an account with EDF Energy.

Then I sent the copy of my tenancy agreement to LCS to prove my stay as they required.

After that I received an e-mail saying they have sent my agreement over to EDF in order for the account to be amended to the dates I were residing at the supply address.

Now I'm very worried about the following two things:

1. I never have an account with EDF Energy.

But it seems that I have.

If someone used my personal information to open an account for the bill,

how should I do?

2. If LCS sends me another letter in the future, and changes the dates on the letter to reflect when I was at the property with the same amount of bill,

what can I do?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by kidkd77
tT

as you were resident there for 'a period of time'

with other people

you are equally liable for 'that' period

as are all the rest.

BUT I suspect this is rather a spoof attempt to get money out of you

as they could well hhave done this to all the others and fleeced them too.

if YOU have not PERSONALLY received a bill from EDF in the last 12mts

they can do nothing.

you've proved your case

time to ignore the fleecing DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as you were resident there for 'a period of time'

with other people

you are equally liable for 'that' period

as are all the rest.

BUT I suspect this is rather a spoof attempt to get money out of you

as they could well hhave done this to all the others and fleeced them too.

if YOU have not PERSONALLY received a bill from EDF in the last 12mts

they can do nothing.

you've proved your case

time to ignore the fleecing DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I never received any bill letter from EDF in my life, even during my stay in that address.

However, if someone used my personal information to open an account with EDF after I moving out, I would have no chance to know it.

I want to contact with EDF. But I'm worrying if they really have my account, I will be in a bad situation and can not defend myself.

regardless to if the accont was / wasn't in your name

you are still liable, in a way for what was used whilst you were there.

however I think this whole thing is rather speculative

and both their behalves

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

regardless to if the accont was / wasn't in your name

you are still liable, in a way for what was used whilst you were there.

however I think this whole thing is rather speculative

and both their behalves

Thank you very much. Your replys are really helpful. Wish the amount of my bill can be reduced from 4 year's to 2 month's.

If I receive another letter saying I need to pay this 2 month's bill, should I ignore them or need to pay them? I heard someone paid a bill to a DCA. But he then received lots of threaten letters because DOA think he is innocent.

And do I need to ask LCS for a formal bill letter to prove the amount of the bill? Will they do cheating on the amount of the bill? Shall I argue the amount of the bill as there were six people living in that address?

Sorry I believe these are my last questions.......Thank you very much.

Edited by kidkd77

pers I would at present ignore them totally

I bet it wont show

but

why don't you get a copy of your CRA file?

see below

dx

and they

pers I would at present ignore them totally

I bet it wont show

but

why don't you get a copy of your CRA file?

see below

dx

Thank you again for your help. I will post the updates as soon as possible in the future.

It's my first time to know CRA...... I will try to find it out.

Thank you for answering my questions. They are really helpful....I have one more concern, please......

If I need to pay the bill, do I need to pay the full bill due to the 'Jointly and severally liable'? Or just mine? (I was living with 6 people but my agreement only has my name)

And I think the amount of the bill is too much. Is it possible to ask the DCA for an evidence to see how much the bill really is? (Sadly I did not record the meter readings)

deal with EDF not the DCA

your landlord should have taken readings.

dx

and they

Thank you for answering my questions. They are really helpful....I have one more concern, please......

If I need to pay the bill, do I need to pay the full bill due to the 'Jointly and severally liable'? Or just mine? (I was living with 6 people but my agreement only has my name)

And I think the amount of the bill is too much. Is it possible to ask the DCA for an evidence to see how much the bill really is? (Sadly I did not record the meter readings)

The account was never in your name so you can dispute it and as per OFT guidelines,the DCA has to return it to EDF. Secondly as the account was never in your name, EDF under Data Protection Act cannot discuss the account with you.

Any idea of how the DCA manage to get your name?

the bill has his name on it I think?

dx

and they

nope try again

he has never been sent any bills

let alone in the last 12mts

so the back billing rule applies

pers i'd now be ignoring them

dx

and they

They wont know the details about the debt until they are advised by the OC or the debtor.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The account was never in your name so you can dispute it and as per OFT guidelines,the DCA has to return it to EDF. Secondly as the account was never in your name, EDF under Data Protection Act cannot discuss the account with you.

Any idea of how the DCA manage to get your name?

Thank you very much for your reply.

My idea is:

1.Someone used my personal information to open the account.

However, I never received any bill letter. So I assume this has been done after I moving out. But is this possible? In fact, the account starts even before when I was moving to that address.

2. The DCA sent a letter to that address asking who was responsible to this bill. And someone wrote my name.

But why EDF did not stop the energy supply as soon as the bill was not paid?

nope try again

he has never been sent any bills

let alone in the last 12mts

so the back billing rule applies

pers i'd now be ignoring them

dx

Thank you for your help again. I will get a copy of my CRA first and see what happen on it.

By trying to obtain money by deception is more commonly known as fraud. I think the DCA could be heading for a big fall if they pursue it.

Now I'm worrying, no matter the account was opened by me or not, because I lived there before, I'm liable for the bill.

And according to jointly and severally liable, I need to pay the full bill. It seems unfair because EDF can simply ask for money to all the others people.

If the case goes to the court, I do not what the decision will be.

They wont know the details about the debt until they are advised by the OC or the debtor.

I think I will contact with EDF to see if I have an account or not. What basic information I need to tell them in order to check my account, please?

as I said it matters not if your name was put forward or not

or

if your name is on the bill or not

the dca found you

then so could have EDF

if they have not sent YOU with a bill with YOUR name on it

within the last 12mts then the billing code is absolute defence, the debt does not exist.

too many if's in the whole debacle to even begin to think its your responsibility.

dx

and they

as I said it matters not if your name was put forward or not

or

if your name is on the bill or not

the dca found you

then so could have EDF

if they have not sent YOU with a bill with YOUR name on it

within the last 12mts then the billing code is absolute defence, the debt does not exist.

too many if's in the whole debacle to even begin to think its your responsibility.

dx

Thank you very much for your comments. I will make myself clam down.

Now I'm worrying, no matter the account was opened by me or not, because I lived there before, I'm liable for the bill.

And according to jointly and severally liable, I need to pay the full bill. It seems unfair because EDF can simply ask for money to all the others people.

If the case goes to the court, I do not what the decision will be.

This is not a council tax bill and only the account holder is liable and no one else! The DCA can go whistle for any money as they CANNOT demand it from you even if you lived there for a year because the account is not in your name!

You have fallen for a con trick by the debt collectors by supplying them with information they are now altering to fit their claim. If you get an amwended bill I would be writing to EDF and OFGEM telling them that the DCA and EDF have used a false instrument to gain a pecuniary advantage, namley forgery and fraud in an attempt to generate a contract where none exists

You have fallen for a con trick by the debt collectors by supplying them with information they are now altering to fit their claim. If you get an amwended bill I would be writing to EDF and OFGEM telling them that the DCA and EDF have used a false instrument to gain a pecuniary advantage, namley forgery and fraud in an attempt to generate a contract where none exists

Wish EDF will not open an account or generate a contract by using my agreement. I think EDF is really not that bad because it's criminal.

This is not a council tax bill and only the account holder is liable and no one else! The DCA can go whistle for any money as they CANNOT demand it from you even if you lived there for a year because the account is not in your name!

Thank you for your reply. Wish no further letter will come.