dreadful service - Motor Quote Direct

jagpanther
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I recently decided to switch car insurance to save myself a few quid,

wish I never bothered, I went with a company called Motor Quote Direct, ( Bedford Insurance, Wimbledon).

After sending off proof of no claims, and driving license, all I keep getting is return letters saying they will cancel my policy for not providing documents,

I have now resent copies to them using Special Delivery, costing me £6-22.

thing is my temp cover runs out tomorrow, and they still not responded to my official complaint to them ( earlier in week).

I guess my next step is the FOS ?

anyone else had crap dealings with these cowboys ?

(if you have lots of praise for these people , then fine, please go sing their praises in other posting. This is not what I want to hear in this posting, thank you)

I want to hear if others have had similar dealings with these people, and how you dealt with them

You can use Askmid to see if the Insurance is recorded as being active. Keep checking until you have sorted it before you use the car, otherwise you risk being picked up by cameras or Police.

Phone Bedford Insurance on 0800 58 11 03 to make a complaint and find out what is going on.

I have read similar about this company before.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

apart from the FOS, is there any other ombudsman, service I can you, Trading Standards ?

You will get this sorted, but you have to phone Bedford to get this resolved. Trading Standard won't help you. The FOS may be willing to send them a letter for you.

Use this link to see whether the car is currently shown as Insured.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

The problem with these small brokers, is that they have created 'internet trading names' to take on more business than they can handle. So they then offer a rubbish service as a result.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

unclebulgaria67

thanks for link, as of today, still says I am insured, but, I know the temporary cover expires today,

as you say, I will have to phone them,

totally agree with your statement, they just cannot provide the service,

you been great help, keep it coming, thanks

• 1 year later...

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

motor quote direct are actually bedford insurance based in wimbledon. they will ask you for copies of all your documents including driver licence with the sole intention of getting extra money out of the customer. I was forced to pay an extra £33 because the wrong date for my car purchase of 6 years ago was entered.

Pay the extra £5 for the next highest quote-it will save you money in the long term.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

motor quote direct are actually bedford insurance based in wimbledon. they will ask you for copies of all your documents including driver licence with the sole intention of getting extra money out of the customer. I was forced to pay an extra £33 because the wrong date for my car purchase of 6 years ago was entered.

Pay the extra £5 for the next highest quote-it will save you money in the long term.

There are lots of small companies out there who have somehow managed to get onto comparison sites. They will often quote cheaper prices to gain business and will then have processes to try to increase the premium. People who use comparison sites should check for online reviews and comments posted to forums. There is a very good chance that they may suffer from the same problems as other people.

If you have been charged £33 for a slightly wrong date, ask for a detailed breakdown as to how this is calculated. Have they included an admin fee ?

• 1 month later...

Motor Quote - rip off warning

I took out a new car insurance policy with this company including AA cover for 389.96. They have cancelled the insurance as my 6 years no claims are from a foreign country and, (according to them), I should have told them that. They have taken 69.97 for the AA cover, £90.00 for the cancellation fee, and claim that the insurer only refunded them £184.21. Leaving me with £94.21 of the original £398.96, no car insurance and no AA cover. This seems to be legal. I never write and complain about companies but this has to be passed on.

Yes you should have told them it was foreign no claims proof.

You could send them a written complaint about the charges they have made, as you won't have the benefit of the AA cover for the whole year, so why are they not refunding most of this and the other charges don't seem to add up. Ask them to send their final response as to what they are prepared to offer, as you want to escalate the matter to the Ombudsman if necessary. They may offer you more money back.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

• 2 months later...

Hi there. After reading about your views on Motor Quote Direct, I'm still shopping around for an affordable car insurance policy. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of an insurance company called City Insurance Group? Either a positive or negative opinion would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi there. After reading about your views on Motor Quote Direct, I'm still shopping around for an affordable car insurance policy. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of an insurance company called City Insurance Group? Either a positive or negative opinion would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews259887.html

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE