Facing repossession from GE or the second time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i originally had a suspended court order back in 2011 and have not missed a payment since but the payments we not always in time but still paid and with as much extra as i could pay that month. I missed my mortgage payment by 19 days last month and now have a pending eviction notice looming I have not received it yet I'm I arrears of £6700 and have been making monthly payments plus extra to pay off the arrears. I contacted GE yesterday and offered to pay £2000 off the arrears and increase my extra arrears payment to £100 but this was declined due to the number of broken agreements I was unaware had been broken I have had some messages left but nothing in writing also I have two children one who is registered as disabled due to ADHD and asperges syndrome which is a form of autism so if this eviction went ahead it would effect him quite seriously there is also additional fees and interest of around £6000 on this account . I unfortunately also have a secured loan with ge which is also in arrears and has also been to court twice the last time I paid £3500 off the arrears which currently stands at £1700 and I make extra payments on this account also to clear the arrears but it is in a similar state to the mortgage account please can someone help me me and my wife are so worried thanks

Edited by Mattp2078

Hello and Welcome,

I've merged both your threads on this subject, best keeping to one, I've also asked Ell-enn to have a look at this thread and help you if possible.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, how much have you reduced the arrears by since the hearing in 2011? did you put your offer to GE in writing? did they refuse the offer in writing?

You can apply to the court on a N244 form to get a hearing to stop the eviction and we can help you with that.

What was the reason for missing payments ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi and thanks for the reply I have not yet submitted my offer in writing but I will do tomorrow also when I told them about my sons disability they asked for evidence of this should I send it ??

The reason for the original arrears was due to unemployment and past agreements for arrears repayments have been broken due to self employment in the past.

I have been working for a good company for the last 2 years and my pay is constant.

Do I have to wait for my eviction notice before I get a244 form from the court and do I need to collect this in person ??

The arrears were £6265 but have increased to £6799 due to the additional interest charges from GE

Hope you can help kind regards Matt

Hi, firstly arrears charges cannot be included in the arrears they claim - arrears are missed payments. If you take the amount of charges off the arrears total they say you owe, how much would the arrears be.

If you wait till you get the eviction notice you can download a N244 form in post 2 of this thread which has my guide to repossession in it which you should read in the meantime http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi again Ell-enn I have just checked my bank statements for the past 12 months as this is as far as i could go back on line and I have not missed a single payment for either account !! Don't know if this makes a difference or will help with my defence ?? Thanks