Leaving Current Employee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice if anyone can help

Currently working my notice till the 4th Sept. I have holiday booked for the 26th,27th,28th &29th August, therefor i have to return to work for the 30th Aug, 2nd,3rd,4th Sept.

ive got the potential to go on holiday during the days im supposed to be back.

if i had my holidays and didnt return what can they do?

Not very much i suppose... What type of job is it that you work in? :)

They might not give you a reference but it depends on a few things...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You wouldn't get paid for your notice period if you dont work that week and they could sack you for gross misconduct for going AWOL if you have under two years service. You're also not likely to get a reference.

For five days it's probably not worth the risk!

You could always ask them if you can take those days off unpaid if you really want the extra time away on holiday. If you're leaving anyway and it will save them a few days worth of salary they might be willing to accommodate. Yes you lose a few days of pay, but you get your extra holiday time and your reference. It's all going to be down to which you'd rather have I suppose.

You could always ask them if you can take those days off unpaid if you really want the extra time away on holiday. If you're leaving anyway and it will save them a few days worth of salary they might be willing to accommodate. Yes you lose a few days of pay, but you get your extra holiday time and your reference. It's all going to be down to which you'd rather have I suppose.

I ve got a new job to go to. Not worried about the reference. Update. They won't let me have additional days off. So I'm thinking I ll just go on sick/holiday whilst I should be at work.

You wouldn't get paid for your notice period if you dont work that week and they could sack you for gross misconduct for going AWOL if you have under two years service. You're also not likely to get a reference.

For five days it's probably not worth the risk!

I've been there 16 years.

So your saying if I don't work my notice they can withold my pay for that notice period.

I've been there 16 years.

So your saying if I don't work my notice they can withold my pay for that notice period.

Only the final week. Chances of a gross misconduct dismissal are slim if you have been there 16 years!

As long as you don't need the reference, I guess it's up to you :)