style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have read some stuff on here but would really appreciate your help.

The bailiff clamped my car. I think this morning, since I' only went out this morning as I had gout and was bed-ridden for the past few days.

I just got a call. The guy wants to come in the afternoon to remove my car, which he clamped this morning. I didn't get any notice, but he said he sent me one. I checked my mail again and saw it.

Please advise.

Edited by Camster

Also, I want to register on this site, but it asks, "What is the main subject of this forum?" Am panicking and can't even think of this answer? "Bailiff help" and other such answers don't work. Please help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers/ucp.php?mode=register

Hello there.

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to calm down a bit, it'll be OK. The guys will be along soon to help you unravel this. :)

I'm not sure which forum you mean in post #2, the link you gave brings you to this thread. What are you trying to do please? I'll try to help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You would have had a council tax summons sent to you and the council should have told you about them getting a liability order, which would mean them employing bailiffs to visit you to obtain payment or goods to be sold for the outstanding council tax.

Suggest that you phone the council now to find out details of any liability order that they have obtained for you. The council are responsible for the conduct of the bailiffs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Was made redundant, but now working again. I am very happy to pay off the full CT amount come the 28th of August, i.e. pay day. I told the damn council. I thought bailiffs can only charge 24.5 and 18 for the first 2 visits???

Also, he never called me or anything. Just today. After clamping my car.

In Post #2, sorry, wrong link, I am trying to register on this site:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers/ucp.php?mode=register

Edited by Camster

In Post #2, sorry, wrong link, I am trying to register on this site:

Could you please try and tell me what the answer to the question at the bottom is. Am really panicking as I have work stuff to complete today, and now this.

Now I'm confused. :( As you're posting here and getting replies, I think we could park this until later. Is answers to your questions enough, or do you want something else from us?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

National Debtline fact sheet on Council Tax and Bailiffs.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=02_bailiffs_and_council_tax

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I just want all the help I can get. They say they will remove the car this afternoon. I can't make it back in time. This is what they claim.

1. First notice

2. 2nd notice

3. Clamp

4. Will come back this afternoon to remove car.

Are such charges legal? Also the council is terrible, especially since I told them to hold on for just a few more days.

Edited by Camster

As mentioned above, there was a vehicle immobilisation notice and a Form 7. In it, he added 400 for bailifflink3.gif costs (inc VAT), giving a grand total of 1599. The CT is also up, which I think is due to charges added. But the vehicle immobilisation notice says 1985?

get in touch with the council and ask the exact amount of the liability order (the amount sent to the bailiffs)

post up the fees he has charged as written on the notice of seizure

what's the approx. value of the car is it on HP

their is no vat on council tax enforcement

have a look to see if he is certificated

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377382-Certificated-Bailiff-Register-Updated