• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kensington SPO ***Resolved***

markez78uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" the constant barrage of harassment is affecting my health ,job and relationship "

Only if you allow them..implement the above now.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really are unbelievable ! You should write to them making a formal complaint about the harassment and how it is affecting you, your work and your family. Tell them that if they take eviction action you will vigorously defend advising the court that they are continually harassing you to vary the court order, and that you will ask the judge not to award costs as the action is unwarranted.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Im not sure it would have any effect Ell-enn ...but simply add to the stress.

If they feel they have grounds to proceed......let them (bet they wont) and save it all for a counter claim for harassment.....unfair charges...and costs....etc etc

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Harrison v Link Financial - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html

53. In my view, the Claimant rightly complains that, mainly by MBNA but also by the Defendant, he was hounded by telephone calls seeking payment of what was said to be due. The calls were a form of torture oppressively frequent in amount and often without attribution to an identifiable number. I am unimpressed by suggestions that all that the Claimant had to do was to seek a meeting when the position was that those who called him would not listen to what he had to say of his difficulties. Nevertheless I am not entirely impressed by the Claimant's failure to write a detailed letter in which he set out his position. I sense that the Claimant wished to engage upon his own terms albeit in no negative fashion.

83.Cumulatively and damningly is what I find to be the way that MBNA and the Defendant went about recovering their debt. I am satisfied that the Claimant's description of the way that he was hounded by his creditors is essentially correct not least in the use of "non-traceable" telephone calls. It seems to me that such conduct has no proper function in the recovery of consumer debt. Whatever the strength of the suggestion that the courts should only be a last resort, I can see no legitimate comparison between a series of measured warnings which, after full opportunity for response, lead to legal proceedings and what took place. Even more is the situation to be deprecated when it was only well into this action that the Defendant was able to comply with section 78 and thus able to pursue a claim. An inability to comply with section 78 can be no excuse for conduct of which it must be supposed the sole purpose must have been to make the Claimant's life so difficult that he would come to heel. I cannot think that in a society that is otherwise so sensitive of a consumer's position this is conduct that should countenanced.

Hope that helps?

• 2 weeks later...

*Update

i wrote to them last month asking to explain the changes in cmi and also asking for a full break down of how they come to the cmi and to ask exactly what the cmi will be at the end of july as they have given me 3 different figures in writing with a difference of nearly £60-,

i also asked them why my cmi was going to be £60 higher than the previous monthly figure of which they have been including charges and arrears figure as in the FCA Findings letter AND ADVISED THEY SHOULD CORRECT THE CMI FIGURE ACCORDINGLY

Nothing back as yet

i wrote a secondary letter stating to stop calling me and texting me and to email or write only communication as they keep harassing me

since the letters dated back end of june

- i have received 1 letter stating they are looking into my complaint and -7 texts dating over the last 14 days stating to contact them ASAP

IM NOT REPLYING TO THE TEXTS OR CALLING THEM

- BUT WILL THIS BE A BAD IDEA ON MY PART IF GOING TO COURT AS IT LOOKS LIKE IM IGNORING THEM

Regards

Markez

Im pretty sure they wont inform the court you are ignoring 100s of their harassing texts :-)

True

Its also so annoying not knowing what they want

im awaiting on replies for the above

asked about compensation

asked why the rep lied in court with inflated arrears to get the suspended possession order renewed (after being 6 years old)

i advised the judge on my n244 at the time the arrears were inflated and not true to the fact, it was awarded for renewal to kennys as i couldn't prove the arrears where inflated - but i can now :) nearly £9000

I think i have enough fire power if it does go to court again

Just winding me up

i haven't a clue what my cmi is this month as they have stated 3 different figures - should i just pay the highest one that they have stated ?

Was £541

then 5 days later got a letter about the FCA findings and they had correct the cmi - £589

2 days late stating due to a change in interest the cmi will be £592

im just giving them monies they demand each month

- without any explanation to the rises

the thing thats really niggling me

the cmi was £541 and after the FCA Have found kennys had been including lots of extras in the CMI

i advised to remove the charges and arrears payments from the cmi by the fca AND CORRECT THE MONTHLY CMI ACCORDINGLY

It shoots up by £48 after removing all the extras that where included in it ?

Bloody nightmare

sorry for the long replies

- its just so disheartening and getting me so mad :(

every month i have to wait for a letter to see what i have to pay and it always come 2nd class 16/17 days before the payment is due

• 2 weeks later...

*Update

Kennys have replied to my complaint

point 1 -,I would like a full break down of how you have come to the figure of £8**** also to show all the charges and fees for telephone and letter charges and also solicitor and courts cost along with the fees you charged us for field agent visits that have also been included in the cmi figure .as we feel the above figure is incorrect and should be a lot higher .

Kennys response - we note you would like a breakdown of ho we reached the sum of £8****,enclosed is a statement which details the position of your account before the adjustments , including your cmi,along with the view after the amendments were made and the redress amount - (NO Statement was included in the letter !!!) Godsake !!

Point 2. 1 would like a break down of how our CMI monthly installment is Calculated

Kennys response - you may remember a previous compliant was raised by us about the interest and calculation of cmi . we issued you a response april 2018 ,should you remain unhappy with our findings you have the right to refer this to the financial ombudsman service with in 6 months .

Based on this we have not included details of the events which have already been investigated ..

(the letter from april 2018 just states cmi is calculated due to change in your mortgage contractual interest rates and libor rates every 3 months)

Point 3 - please explain why my cmi has gone up by £40 after the redress of the cmi after the refund of charges that were included in my cmi from previous months as in th FCA Findings and why you have sent 2 different letters within a 4 day period with 2 different cmi totals ?

Kennys Response - NOTHNG kennys IGNORED POINT 3 !

Point 4 - we are unhappy with text harrasment all the time ! constant barrage of texts

Kenny's have change the title of this to - you are unhappy you receive telephone calls,letters and text message - (I DIDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LETTERS OR PHONE CALLS ! I WAS COMPLAINS ABOUT ALL THE BLOODY TEXTS)

Kennys response - as of the date of this letter you are in payment arrears of £***** which is equivalent to 35 missed contractual payments ,therefore whilst the account remains in payment arrears witout an arrangement in place you are liable for telephone calls ,text messages,letters.arrears management fees.credit file damage and h run the risk of solicitors being instructed to begin repossession proceedings .

(they keep stating the arrangement fell apart because i may a partial payment back in dec 2017 )

point 5 - Can you fully explain that last year when we went to court so you could renew the Suspended Possession order (because it was coming upto 6 years old ) The rep stated and lied to the judge under the instruction of Kensington about the arrears amount as in court and on my defence n244 form i stated again the arrears were incorrect . The suspended order was granted and renewed to yourselves because of over inflated and enhanced arrears figure that was given in court

Kennys Response - Ignored !!! No response

Point 6 - we are unhappy you keep hounding us all the time for income and expenditure - 25-30 min phone calls when there is an arrangement in place - The court order - CMI + £200

Kennys response -Please be assured your comments are appreciated - however if an account is in arrears and our customers financial situation has recently changed .we are required to obtain a full picture of the situation by asking for the above - it then becomes necessary to set an arrangement to clear any outstanding arrears over a set period of time,you need to understand certain information needs to be obtained from you before we are able to assess your case and agree an arrangement .this is inclusive of the income expenditure so we can see if you are able to afford any arrangement which we put in place .

(my situation hasn't changed for the past year !!)

Point 7 - we are unhappy you always threaten us with repossession action upon any phone call and this has damaged my health our relationship and ive had to be moved in my job role because i was unable to perform in it due to stress and anxiety this company has caused at one stage.

Kennys Response - we appreciate we spoke on the 20th june 2018 - and we explained whilst the account remains in payment arrears you are liable for the above consequences - we understand that a suspended possession order was granted may 2016 the agreement was for your contractual monthly installment plus extra £200 towards the arrears .

The arrangement was to be reviewed every 3 months - the warrant was to be re-issued upon default of any payments - in December 2017 your cmi was £660.67 however we only received a payment of £600 ,

we are sorry but as a result of our findings ,we are not able to uphold your complaint against kensington -this letter constitutes our final response

Should you remain dissatified with our response you have the right to refer your complaint to the FSO Within 6 months

Point 8 -You call me and every time i have to explain how the arrears came to the amount they did /forcing me to do income and expenditure forms forcing me to make offers that we can’t afford and then informing the senior team won’t agree that offer so we need to up the offer to even higher amounts and if we don’t yo stating legal eviction action will commence if we don’t set an arrangement up .AT ONE POINT Just BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2017 THE CMI WAS £640 AND YOU WERE DEMANDING £950 A MONTH

Kennys reply - Nothing

Point 9 : to get an arrangement set up i have to send our income and expenditure form ALONG WITH A INTIAL PAYMENT OF WHICH THE COST DEPENDS ON OUR ARREARS,PAYMENT HISTORY AND ALSO balances

Where do you think we can magic all this extra money up from !!!!

Kennys response - NOTHING

Point 10 - WE EXPECT ALL COMMUNICATION TO BE DONE BY WRITING OR VIA EMAIL AND NOT TEXT OR PHONE CALLS WE WILL NOT BE COMMUNICATING BY PHONE OR TEXT AS PAST EXPERIENCE IS YOU LIE AND DEMAND DIFFERENT THINGS WHILE ON THE PHONE.

Kenny's response - Nothing - however i presume the reply in point 4 is there explanation for this also ?

point 10 - And we would like you to apply to the court to get the suspended possession order set aside as within point 5 the order was renewed due to enhanced and inflated arrears figures

Kennys Response - Ignored

Lastly - Please advise what july cmi is and how this is worked out - as we wont be paying another penny untill we have the correct cmi in place and show how it has risen 4 times in the past month ,

Kennys responses - Nothing !!

Thats what i have guys and girls - sorry for the long winded

Regards Markez

Edited by dx100uk
..dx

I won't comment on anything else because I've not been following this thread, but, with regards to the constant telephone calls and text messages, you are well within your rights to demand that they delete any telephone numbers that they hold for you, and they must comply with your request.

This then forces them to communicate with you in writing (or personal visits (though these are less likely)) only.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

So do you believe them or us...either action Dragonflys advice or suffer...I have previously advised you how to deal with these numpties.

i believe you guys ,andy

i have blocked there number on my phone and home phone - im just naturally worried as they will go for eviction again - because of none comunication

and i dont know if i can go through all that again

i REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP AND KIND WORDS it means so much

Regards

markez

Thanks - thats the thing they are stating because of the arrears they are in there rights to text and call me :(

They have a right to your telephone number if it is necessary to carry out a legal obligation. In your case, a court order. However...

They have your address and can write to you, therefore a telephone number is not necessary.

If they refuse to remove it from their system(s), your next phone call should be to the ICO. Or failing all of that, your phone provider to have your number changed, then don't give them the new number or ring them (it's best not to do this anyway) without withholding it.

They could try that (non communication) but unless they can convince a Judge that the Royal Mail (and/or email) no longer exists, they won't get very far :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

" worried as they will go for eviction again - because of none communication and i dont know if i can go through all that again "

Sorry I cant seem to find the legislation that comes under or grounds for a claimant to rely on :madgrin:

thanks guys,

should i write to them and ask where the statement is ?

"

"Kennys response - we note you would like a breakdown of ho we reached the sum of £8****,enclosed is a statement which details the position of your account before the adjustments , including your cmi,along with the view after the amendments were made and the redress amount"

Why..... have they not already enclosed one ?

" enclosed is a statement which details the position of your account before the adjustments , including your cmi,along with the view after the amendments were made and the redress amount "

no see point 1 - they didn't enclose 1

Regards

markez

Kennys response - we note you would like a breakdown of ho we reached the sum of £8****,enclosed is a statement which details the position of your account before the adjustments , including your cmi,along with the view after the amendments were made and the redress amount - (NO Statement was included in the letter !!!) Godsake !!

also how long do they have to reply to a letter ?

I sent a second letter dated 30/6/18

asking for the arrears to be put to the back of the account - also I asked for an 8 week payment holiday - as ive just moved jobs

ive also asked them apply to the court to set aside the suspended possession order as they got it granted for renewal under false arrears figures

and I have had no response or acknowledgement at all to the letter its been 4 weeks now

I sent 1st class recorded delivery and they signed for it the following day

Regards

markez

Then yes ask for the statement...with regards to the rest of your points...who knows ?...they seem to make it up as they go along.

I have been sent a letter from Kenny's solicitors stating they have been instructed to recommence legal action :(

I presume it because of the second letter dated 5 weeks ago that I had no response to

stating I wanted a full and actual cmi breakdown and im not paying a penny more until I get the right cmi - (I haven't paid end of July's payment !!)

I asked for the suspended order to be set aside as it was renewed with incorrect arrears figures given to the judge

asked for the arrears to be put to the back of the account

asked if it was possible for a 2 month payment holiday

they haven't replied or acknowledged the letter which I sent recorded delivery 5 weeks ago

they haven't even written to me to advise they will be proceeding with eviction

this solicitors letter has come out the blue straight after they stated the above when finalising the response to my complaint of which they didn't even answer all the points I raised ! and it all starts again !!!!!!RGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

GODSAKE

IM Truly …. NOW :(

Edited by dx100uk
swearing merge

instructed if they do is a totally different matter...

I instruct my doc to sit..if he does is ………..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...