Legalcare.co.uk - Cancelled but they want money

andybr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have also been stung by this site and only new when I was contacted by GPB Solicitors, with the usual £278+£50 costs. I told them I will not be paying it as I cancelled via Paypal and have received no reminders, no emails, no response to the question through email and cancelled through Paypal within 14 days. Had I of wanted to continue I would not have cancelled my Paypal setup to them. I was unaware of their T&C's and am glad to see I am not the only one, this was in June. I have contacted the OFT and Trading Standards and wondered what the next course of action should be - contact Legalcare.co.uk? Contact Paul Careless (ironic name btw)!!!

Hi Andybr and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post and you now have your own thread that you can use to discuss your case.

If they continue to contact you with demands, let us know and we'll advise you on how to proceed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi,

Was June when you signed up or received the solicitors letter?

In June did the website display the information about it being a 12 month contract etc and provide a link to the T&Cs on the front page?

start of june - I do not recall seeing anything, sent a question that the person asked for more detail, which I could not give because there was a word limit and no way to add an attachement!

Hi Andy,

I would wait and see if they contact you further.

If they do, simply reply saying, "I cancelled via Paypal within the time required and in accordance with the terms that I read on your site.

I am aware of the judgement and subsequent Penal Order made by Mr Justice Kitchin in the case of The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011 and consider this ruling to be relevant to my dispute with Legalcare.

Any claim for further payments will be fully defended and the matter will be reported to The OFT, Trading Standards and the SRA."

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

start of june - I do not recall seeing anything, sent a question that the person asked for more detail, which I could not give because there was a word limit and no way to add an attachement!

You not recalling seeing them and them not actually being there are two different things.

You should check the other Legalcare threads to make sure when the website changed.