queensclose

brother keeps coming into work and making false accusations

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2301 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

need some advice for a work colleague

he is a civil servant and after a family fallout his brother has attended is place of work twice accusing him of obtaining privileged from the works computer and telling other people

first visit was dealt by a manager and he brought printed messages from facebook. he was told that there was no basis for the allegations and went away.

a week later he reattended with a printout with another conversation from facebook. this time he was told that these were not screenshots but a word document that could have typed by anyone.

HR are following it up. the general word is they are going to close it as vindictive

what rights do he have to stop him making these complaints

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Hello there.

The individual should consider seeking legal advice. If the information is untrue then it's clearly defamation. It's likely also to be harassment. It's very sad that it's a close family member doing this.

Bringing action against the brother could be time consuming and costly.

A Restraining Order suggests itself: http://fvlc.org/get-help/faq-restraining-orders/

If he keeps entering a workplace without cause (trespass) then the employer can take similar action on their own behalf (which would also satisfy their duty to your colleague's right not to be harassed at work).

Your colleague would be well advised to consult a solicitor locally, the damage to his career could be come a matter of great concern.

A solicitor may suggest sending a letter advising that if the harassment continues your colleague will seek an injunction to prevent the brother from attending the work place and or a complaint will be made to the police in regard to this behaviour.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

looking at the comments i think the employer is best to ban him from entering or contacting the employer. its a shame it has come this.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Yes that will pass some of the financial / legal burden on to the employer (good) but of course will only apply to his workplace; if it happens elsewhere, it will remain his responsibility.

I agree, no messing about, straight to a restraining order. Don't rely on the employer, take action yourself

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!