Inventory Check Out Inspection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a quick question with regards to moving out of a rented property on the last day of the tenancy per the AST.

If we as tenants move out of a property on the last day of the tenancy agreement date, which happens to be on a weekend, what rights do we have to ensure that the inventory inspection is carried out on this day, with us being present?

We have been informed that the inspection is only carried out during the Inventory Inspector's normal working hours. Therefore, if the move out date happens to be on a weekend, it will be carried out on the next working day.. this is a problem as we cannot be present since we will be abroad.

Many thanks in advance for your response.

Ferntree

As far as I know the LL or agent is not obliged to do a check out inspection on the day of moving out.

I would suggest that you take lots of photo's or preferably a video of the property inside and out, on the day you hand the keys in, to prove the state and standard that the property was left in.

Then you must apply to the TDS or whatever scheme the deposit is held in, and wait to see if the LL wishes to dispute any of it. I would suggest the sooner after moving out, you submit your claim for the return of the deposit, the sooner you will get it back.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Many thanks for your response The Carpet Cleaners.

I am aware that our Deposit is protected in the TDS, but I thought you would only apply to the TDS to get release of the Deposit if the LL or Agent hadn't paid it out within the time frame stipulated in the rental contract?