Crapest purchased husbands old CC debt

TLCX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would I be correct in my assumption that if a debt has been either bought or sold on the debt is still in reality with the original company, in my instance the debt is/was with Black Horse who sold the debt to a company called DTL. I have never acknowledged the debt to DTL, but was paying£5.00 per month as agreed with Black Horse.

Statute Barred = 6 clear years with no payments and/or no written acknowledgment of the debt.

If this is the case then send the following to Capquest.

The Compliance Manager

Capquest

Date:....................:

Ref: us the one on their letter:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to a letter from Capquest dated xx.xx.xxxx., in which it is alleged I owe a debt for £xxxx.xx, please take note I do not acknowledge and debt to Capquest.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that the alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 up dated Nov. 2011 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

Should Capquest dispute the status of the alleged debt I would remind it that the onus of providing UNEQUIVOCAL PROOF that the matter is not statute barred falls entirely upon Capquest, any allegations of one off payments being made to this account will be refuted.

I require Capquest to confirm the status of the alleged debt within 7 working days, and to cease processing all data relating to me and to remove it from its records.

Recorded/signed for post, check date delivered.

so who have you been paying- always BH or you changed it to DTL? [who is DTL?]

if the debt is sold - its sold, the cra file always shows you the owner.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...