Re: whatever happens and my Lap top

AliLiz1969
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, We purchased a HP laptop for my son June 2012 from Curry's in Bridgwater, we were talked into Whatever Happens policy as our son suffers from Dyspraxia and as such is unintentionally heavy handed and clumsy.

We were told that it was perfect for him and the policy was so good that he could smash the laptop up infront of them and it would be exchanged without quibble or fuss - even better the laptop would be collected and delivered to our home address 9 Great we thought as we live 17 miles from the store.

We signed up. In August 2013 a software issue occurred with the laptop, my son contacted Knowhow who attempted to solve the problem over the phone without success - They then told him he would have to take it to the store for collection and would not collect from our house.

We attended the store and found out that it was a wasted journey as we were entitled to have it collected from our house and this would be quicker. Annoyed at the wasted journey we returned home, my son so annoyed got out of the car and fell causing the laptop to spill into the road, it was run over and damaged badly.

I informed Knowhow of the extra damage and the fact it would never have occurred had we not been sent on a wild goose chase. We t:mad2:hen had a message left stating that they were not repairing or replacing the laptop as the damage was too excessive and not consistant with our account of the item being run over by several vehicles. I explained the fiasco which was directly attributable to their incomptetence and I was told to appeal which we have, I am not expecting anything other than a rejection.

We have been completely missold the item and penalised for being honest and truthful. Most upsetting of all is their attitude towards my sons diability. This has to be the most blatent case of Misrepresentation and Advertising ever - Whatever Happens??? what a joke.

Please can anyone give us any advice on where to go next????? Many thanks :mad2:

Edited by citizenB

try writing to them again

they will be basing it off an insurance point of view

they will probably want things like

was the car parked on the road or the drive

how busy is the road

what sort of road surface (will leave differnt marks on the laptop)

its a case of thinking "how are they viewing the accident"

its depressing i know but they probably get lots of people who damage things deliberatly (not saying its that, im dyslexic, dyspraxic and dysgraphic so i know how clumsy people with it can be) but they may be finding it hard to weed out the real claims

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

They are a disgusting company with NIL customer service, take them to court, they NEVER reply to emails or letters and get everyone to call that 0844 number just to make money out of the thousands of complaints, NEVER write to gary perryment, this guy does not exist, its just theor way of delaying everything while you continue to pay each month, take them to court and claim everything back including the payments they have taken while they have had your item,

call them on these freephone numbers -

0800 023 4701

0800 587 8787

01594 332592

legal dept 01727 202030

Thanks Lucy78, I have written to them to appeal their decision as I was told to do!! I was promised that they turn the appeals around and inform you of a decision within 48-72 hours - It is now one week later and nothing. Alas I think you are correct and I will have no option but to take legal action. They are the worst company I have ever had dealing with and my advice to everyone iNEVER TAKE ANY FORM OF POLICY WITH ANY OF THE DSG GROUPS. :-x

Lucy78 is quite right, I have contacted DSG today to ask why there has been no reply, I was hit with the name Garry Perryment, I queried as Lucy suggested whether this person exists, but the lady I spoke to a Shereene stated he does and claimed you cannot contact him with regards to any appeal, he works on his own and handles every appeal and as such can get very weighed down.

I do not believe that one person handles all the appeals registered, looking at this forum there is so many it is not feasible of believable that one person will handle the appeals. I would suggest if he does then he is not giving due time and consideration to each appeal, which probably explains why so many of us have had such rubbish service, as I suspected originally I expect he just stamps DENIED and waits for the legal action before they take any form of notice.

I still cannot believe the service we have all received!!! Even now there is no way of contacting the appeals department to find out anything, Whether they have received the appeal, what stage it is at or anything. Absolute rubbish.

Ali,

I wonder if you would mind responding to my private message regarding this situation :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing from Know How. I have had a civilian investigator conduct a telephone interview with myself and he informed me that he would be recommending that Know How settle in full immediately[/u. This was over a week ago and still nothing from Know How. They really are the worst company we have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I fear this is heading to court as so many others have experienced. Someone needs to take them to task. Hopefully all our causes get some media attention to highlight this rogue trader and save other people experiencing this horrific nightmare.