Aktiv Kapital-Confused and scared

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need help. Was overcharged by bank. Started paying back about £700 in 2004. It has been that long I can't even remember the original debt! Aktiv Kapital have been getting paid by DD since then. I have had no statement, no letters. I just don't want any debt. I'm scared that they are just going to continue taking money and I will never be free of them. What do I do?

Hi Welcome to CAG,

How were you 'overcharged' by a bank?

How much have you been paying each month?

AK should send a statement at the very least annually.

Have you checked your credit reference files? If not do so asap.

The way to challenge this is a FORMAL COMPLAINT as Follows:

The Compliance Director

Aktiv Kapital.

Ref: use theirs: (If not quote what ever detail you have).

Sir/ Madam,

Formal Complaint:

I refer to an account that I have been paying to Aktiv Kapital at the rate of £xx per month.

I most concerned that AK have not provided any statements on this account since the inception of the payments, contrary to the obligation to do so.

I DEMAND that AK now provides me with up to date and accurate statements of this account within 7 working days without fail if these statements are NOT provided NO further payments will be made until they are.

Send by RM recorded signed for post, check delivery date.

Meanwhile work out exactly you have paid them, check your credit files to see if the account is being reported then come back here for further advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for your help. Really makes me feel better. I am getting on to this right now. I was charged because I went over my overdraft and the bank charged me every day I was over.

Quick question. How do I check my credit files? Thank you so much.

Hello Sian,

Happy to help!!!

Credit Files: Experian (Credit Expert as seen on TV) and Equifax have free 30 day trials, Call Credit has a free offshoot called Noddle this is totally free always but not always up to date.

You will need a debit card registered to your current address (For ID only) the sites will ask name/address/DOB/Previous addresses if any.

Just remember to cancel the trial well before the 30 day trial is up (about 7-10 days prior) or you will end up with a subscription!!

Just come back here for further help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I was charged about £700 but, the overdraft was only about £500. I went over the overdraft by about £20 and the they charged me £25-£30 a day for every day I was over. It became just too much fo me to pay and then I just arranged to pay £5 a month. They then unilaterally put up the amount I was repaying.

This is the only debt I've ever had and I thought I would be out of it by now. I have figured out that I have paid them £786 in total.

I am sending the recorded letter today and praying this whole ordeal will soon be over.

Edited by SianF

Are you paying back 700 in £5 instalment per month? You will only pay £60 per year so 2014 you would have paid £600 so straight repayment you are 2015-2016 before this is paid. Now put on interest and you may be a further year or so done.. I would up your DD if you can to get rid of it or I have got it completely wrong. I see you say they have upped the payment. Its a credit agreement too they cannot do this without informing you why and most personal loans are fixed unsecured loans. Ask the questions and do not underestimate the advice given to you about cancelling down the free trial for the credit score, there is a number you need to call, it is automated too from what I recall but dont put it off and put a diary note on the fridge to not forget

• 2 months later...
name is dodgy as hell... alarms bells would have been ringing for me

?????? Which name Aktiv Kapital???

A debt purchaser long established and well known on this forum!!