AA Insurance Issue - Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not sur if this is the right place to post this but today I received a default notice and a administration charge of £12 fdrom the AA home contents insurance department ,Last year I took out a policy with them and paid by direct debit this finished on 31 July 2013 the lasst payment being made on the 01 July .after looking around I chose to stay with the AA for another year and phoned them to haggle down the price and agreed a price and the new direct debit payment s start on the 01 October so how can I have defaulted when there are no payments due ,When I spoke to them they stated that my bank had cancelled my DD and the charge and default stood and the only way I could stop the charge and default notice was to reinstall the DD and if I left the full costs would be due .I went to my bank this morning and they looked at the my account and told me as well as showing me that the AA had stopped the DD as it states Finished and only they could do this and to recontact the AA .

Now as far as I was concerned all was well till I had that letter from the AA this morning and nothing was wrong and feel now why should I stay with such a blackmailing company if I want the default notice removed and the charge dropped, and I still can not belive how a person can default when there has been No missed payment with the first is not even due to October and no payment every missed or late and if something was wrong a simple letter or phone call would have done but this..

|I would like to give my custom to another company but do not want this default notice and charges to be made and feel forced to stay with them after this trouble is I was going to stay with them or why would I have renewed with them and ageed the new monthly fee which was more than last years anyway. advice how to deal with this would be most grateful as I feel stuff them .:mad2:

Definitely vote with your feet and go elsewhere, I also used to use the AA for contents Ins, but kicked them into touch after they became too expensive.

You need to put everything in writing, and begin their complaints process and exhaust it until you get the result you want, keep it all in writing, keep a diray of events, and send everything with 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!