• Tweets

• Why not? have they sent anything to prove it yet?
    • OK - in a nutshell...   Customer has a leak in the wall behind the shower in their en-suite bathroom which has leaked into another bedroom and they claim on their buildings insurance. We go in and inspect and quote for the repairs - this quote is forwarded, by the customer, to the insurance company who authorise them to go ahead with that quote. When we arrive, the customer says that they want the rest of the bathroom tiled to match - we agree and quote £800.00 for the extra tiling. The design for the tiling is varied, by the customer, to include two vertical mosaic stripes (the mosaic tiles being £12.50 each, plus a considerable increase in labour) - we point out that this will blow the materials budget - screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. The customer purchases a new bathroom suite which they expect us to install as part of the £800.00 that we quoted for the tiling alone - when this pointed out, screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. We complete the insurance repairs to both the bathroom and the bedroom on the other side of the wall. The customer says that they are happy with the insurance repairs, inform the insurance company of the fact and receive the final insurance payment. Some snagging is required on the extras - one of our guys goes in to sort out the odd bits. Customer freaks out because only one person has turned up to do the snagging - tells the man on site to take his tools and go. Customer will now not release the insurance money because the snagging has not been completed and claims that we're in breach of contract.   The insurance money HAS been paid to the customer - they signed off that the insurance based repairs were complete and satisfactory. It's the customer that's holding on to the money. The property is a ground floor flat - so it's leasehold.   I was pointing out that she's European - not any particular "ethnic background"...  
    • Referencing the Particulars of the Claim: 1. The claimant claims the sum of £2300 for an outstanding debt owed. 2. On 01/04/2012 the defendant entered into an agreement with Lloyd bank plc for an overdraft account under the reference X. 3. On 01/04/2016 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £2300. 4. On 01/06/2017 the debt of £2300 was assigned to PRA Group UK LTD. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 law of property act 1925. 5. Payments of £20 were received up to 01/03/2019 and adjustments have been made in the sum of £3.   For 'Particular number 2', i see a lot of other people saying this like 'Paragraph 2 is denied. I do not recall having this account'. I obviously cannot put that, what would i put?
    • Just wanted to report that the court dropped the MS90 and she ended up with 3 points, £40 fine, £30 Victim Sur (?) and £80 court costs.....thing is because she rang her insurance  to be honest and inform what was happening they cancelled her policy there and then charging her £50 to do so.  Now she’s gone to reinstate her insurance it has gone thru the roof because she’s had a cancelled policy!!  Seems a bit unfair, we hoped dropping the MS90 would avoid this - does this sound right?    Thankyou  
    • I'm removing two posts here – one because it refers to "… All from the same ethnic background" and the second one referring to the fact that the customer was Spanish. The first, particularly by king12345 has a strong racist tone about it and is completely unwelcome here.  king1 2345 has been here long enough and knows very well that this is not what we do. ==============================================================================   In terms of the building and insurance problem, it certainly sounds if you are being treated very badly and we would be very happy to help. Unfortunately I find your story is rather unclear – probably because there is a lot of narrative and I'd be grateful if you could clarify your story and in particular breaking down the insurance job and the rest including giving their values. Do you know if the insurance money has been paid to the customer or is the insurance company simply waiting for some kind of approval. You say that the insurance company has signed the job off and so this suggests to me that they are satisfied but what worries me is that they may already have paid the money to the customer who is merely withholding it from you rather than authorising the direct payment of the insurance money to you. Your story needs substantial clarification please. Finally, does your customer own the property? If you are not sure then you should consult the land registry website to ascertain the owner of the property
  • Our picks

flynnsmum123

Has anyone ever been hit with a £99 engineer visit fee?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2225 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i had an engineer visit on the 29th july for my broadband, all he did was check the caballing was correct and replace the superhub and left only for me to find out i had no internet at all because he set it up wrong

jump forward today,cut off because im over my credit limit because of a £99 fee for his visit? i wasnt told of this when i phoned or i wouldn't have booked a visit because i can't afford it but the notes on my account supposedly say i was told.

so ill have no service for 2weeks because they want £200 to put my services back on and i don't get paid for another 2 weeks,(my bill isn't due til 11th sept) but of course i'll be charged for these 2 weeks service i didn't use.

ive just written a 4 n a half page complaint letter since thats the only way they will investigate a complaint or thats what i was told anyway.

i am livid!

come november i am off back to sky,they don't have as good internet etc but i never had appalling service like that with them.

anyone else heard of or had this fee? who else can i contact?

TIA

If the engineer replaced the Superhub that would indicate that there was a fault with their equipment so not sure how they can charge? Does the Superhub belong to you and is it under warranty? As you had no service after he left, obviously he did something wrong. How was this rectified?

If the engineer replaced the Superhub that would indicate that there was a fault with their equipment so not sure how they can charge? Does the Superhub belong to you and is it under warranty? As you had no service after he left, obviously he did something wrong. How was this rectified?

i assumed he replaced the superhub because that was part of the problem but nothings changed. the equipment is theirs,we just rent so if anything is broken it gets replaced for free. he didn't set the superhub up correctly to receive the signal from the d-link modem so that was another phonecall to tech support. lost count the amount of times ive spoken to them over the course of 6ish months.

i asked on the phone this morning what the £99 actually covers,is it just for the engineer to visit me or for work carried out and i was told it would be for relocating boxes,re-wiring things like that. im going to phone again for clarification why someone would be charged for the visit.

i was under the impression that engineer visits were free,thats what i was told when i joined anyway and was part of the reason i left sky,i couldn't risk a £60 fee if one of the kids wrecked the boxes

Get on Twitter and complain. Bet they sort it.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

i assumed he replaced the superhub because that was part of the problem but nothings changed. the equipment is theirs,we just rent so if anything is broken it gets replaced for free. he didn't set the superhub up correctly to receive the signal from the d-link modem so that was another phonecall to tech support. lost count the amount of times ive spoken to them over the course of 6ish months.

i asked on the phone this morning what the £99 actually covers,is it just for the engineer to visit me or for work carried out and i was told it would be for relocating boxes,re-wiring things like that. im going to phone again for clarification why someone would be charged for the visit.

i was under the impression that engineer visits were free,thats what i was told when i joined anyway and was part of the reason i left sky,i couldn't risk a £60 fee if one of the kids wrecked the boxes

If it is rented and you did not cause any damage, there is no ways they should be charging you. Although I have my moments with Sky, over the past 6 months we have had several visits, but have never been charged a call out fee. If I knew I had to pay for repairs to faulty rented equipment, I would drop the service and look elsewhere.

Get on Twitter and complain. Bet they sort it.

do they have twitter? i'd have no idea how go on the offensive in 140 characters. any tips?

If it is rented and you did not cause any damage, there is no ways they should be charging you. Although I have my moments with Sky, over the past 6 months we have had several visits, but have never been charged a call out fee. If I knew I had to pay for repairs to faulty rented equipment, I would drop the service and look elsewhere.

im on the phone trying to get clarification now but i've had to explain like 5 times already why im calling and he just doesn't get it so i don't expect an answer.

guessing the isn't a virgin media rep on here?

found this as a bit of an explanation,stlll dont get it.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Other-Queries/Engineer-fee-for-fitting-router/td-p/1444970/page/2

its their equipment, under warranty which shouldn't matter as its theirs not a third party. im lost. tweeted them so will see what reply i get