Unicom / Elite Calls unsuccessful ombudsman ruling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a second unsuccessful attempt to resolve three issues relating to Elite Calls / Unicom via the Ombudsman. I’m a small business of less than 10 employees and desperate to avoid the huge fees I’m being threatened with.

Issue one with a rolling contract termination fee requested by Unicom of £218.41. The contract started in June 2008. I was not aware it was a rolling contract (initially with Elite Calls) though Unicom did, after I had signed up and paid upfront with another telephone supplier, make me aware. Unable and unwilling to cancel a new supplier, I still moved away from Unicom. My repeated requests for evidence of a contract and T&C's went unheeded.

Issue two with broadband:

I agreed in September 2012, to two broadband services under the misapprehension that I was paying a single fee. The Ombudsman has ruled that this was my mistake as I only raised the issue upon receipt of my first bill, not within a cooling off period.

Also, due to a technical fault, I had over four weeks with no broadband service on one of these lines. Unicom offered to terminate my contracts to settle, I agreed but just in settlement of the double fees issue and took my broadband supply elsewhere. I continued to request compensation for lack of supply. In doing so and pursuing matters as far as the Ombudsman, I forfeited the broadband termination and have now been given a termination fee of £1220.

By trying to find justice, I’ve dug myself into an even deeper hole. Has anyone any actual experience – successful or not – of claiming these fees are unreasonable or unlawful?

The ombudsman seems to think they are acceptable as per Unicom’s T&Cs.

I have 14 days to agree to the Ombudsman's final ruling, if I choose to accept.