Certificate of Cancellation for CCj

azazelus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am having trouble finding where do i have to pay that 15£ fee for certificate of cancelation for a CCJ.

I payed the entire amount in the first month ( i am still in the first month). I want to send that for for certificate of cancellation plus the evidence that i payed but i dont know where should i pay that fee.

Please advice.

thank you

Do not post cash. If you don't have a chequebook (or maybe a friend has one?) then go to the Post Office and get a postal order, and then put that in the envelope with the form and evidence, to be posted to the Court. If you ring the Court on the number on the Judgement then they will provide you with details of other payment methods.

If it's local then you can pay in cash in person - ring for opening hours.

I tried to ring the court and i left the phone waiting for 2 hours and no one was there to answer.. I tried for a week at different hours.. I will do the postal order since i think it is the easiest way.

One more thing... Since i already payed all amount and i am in the first month i guess the CCJ is not registered on my name yet. So do i still have to send that cancelation form?

Thanks a lot

Correct, CCJs paid in full within 28 days are satisfied and should never be registered, so they should never appear on your CRA file. You only really need the certificate if for some reason an error is made and you need to rectify it, or if somebody ever disputes the same matter again.

Ok. But how does the court knows that i payed?

I made a bank transfer directly to the other person. I have proof from my bank statements.

I mean.. what should i do now? Send a letter to the court, make a phone call ( i hope i dont have to do this .. because no one is answering ) or send the form for certificate of cancelation?

Thank you

Adrian

Edited by azazelus

Ok got it.

I think i will send the fee plus certificate of cancelation. .... just to be sure ....

Good ideea going to the bank for the stamp on the bank transfers.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Adrian

Correct, CCJs paid in full within 28 days are satisfied and should never be registered, so they should never appear on your CRA file. You only really need the certificate if for some reason an error is made and you need to rectify it, or if somebody ever disputes the same matter again.

A CCJ is recorded against your name when it is awarded. If you then pay within the first month it will be removed. If you pay after the first month it will show as "Satisfied".

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replys.

I have another problem now.

I sent the court the certificate of cancelation form plus my bank statement with a stamp from the bank showing that i payed the entire amount within one month plus the postal order of 15£.

I got a a letter back from the court saying that they returned all my papers because i need to provide proof from the claimants that i payed . ( i guess my bank statements are no good ).

Now.. what proof should i provide? The person who i payed is individual and not a company and i am not in a good relation with him. He is not answering the phone anymore. he just took the money and he is gon.

What should i do now. I really need to get this CCj removed.

Please advice.

This is what Registry Trust say about this:

If you also want a certificate showing that it's been paid you can apply in writing to the court that last heard your case, for a 'Certificate of Satisfaction' enclosing:

a) evidence that the debt has been fully repaid,

b) a statement advising that reasonable steps have been take to obtain such evidence but you have been unable to do so; or

c) a statement advising that you believe the evidence of payment is already held at the court;

d) and the court fee of £15 (cheque payable to HMCTS)

You'll also need the claim number of the CCJ.

This only happens if you pay in full. Part repayment of CCJ's is not recorded.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]