Am I doing it Wrong ?

Nana-camo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, ok, i think I might have gone about this the wrong way, but ill tell you where i am the moment. Barclays owe me £1800. in bank charges for the last 6 years. I hadnt seen this site before I started, so im not sure if i have done this right so far.

1) I started off by phoning the bank and asking for details of all my charges for the last six years. naturally they stalled on me for a couple of weeks, i got a standard letter saying there was nothing wrong with the charges they had made to my account,

2) phoned the bank again and informed them this time that i wanted a break down of the charges i had incurred for the last 6 years, i got 6 years worth of statements, to which i had to sort through, and became increasingly excited with every charge that they had made.

3) I phoned them again, to let them know how much they owed me, £1800, i never added any interest charges to the figure for being overdrawn, I just added up all the "penalty" charges, they said they would pass the information on to the people upstairs who could give me a decision on whether they would pay or not.

4) i recieved a letter saying that would like to offer me £600 as a "good will" gesture. i declined.

5) I phoned them again and said £600 was unacceptable, and that they had breached the contracts act by penalising me for being overdrawn, again this was taken "upstairs"

6) i recieved a letter on 19/10/06 saying they will not pay the full amount but the offer of £600 still stands if i want it, however i am free to start legal proceedings if i wont the full amount. :lol:

i want to start as legal proceedings as soon as possible.

have i done wrong, by not creating a paperchain? do i need to send some sort of letter first demanding my money back, or can i go ahead with small claims action, i do have their letters refusing me my money. (is that enough)

I am not after more than they have taken from me, and im not worried about interest either, just want my hard earn cash,

any advice will be greatly appreciated. (i can only get to a p.c. to reply to people at the weekends as i am in the armed forces and spend all week away)

great website btw, loving it.:-) POWER TO THE PEOPLE :-)

To be honest yes you have gone about it the wrong way, a paperchain would have been the correct procedure, but all if not lost,

i woudl recommend that you now send them a letter before action giving them 14 days to refund you or if not you will issue small claims, you have letters which is good so one letter requesting a refund should be sufficent!

It you go into the bank templates library and you will see "letter before action" sent it with proof of postage and perhaps to the address where you last letter came from.

After 14 days it then time to make a small claim but really as you havent really 100% understodd the process you need to read up more about that bit before you even start it!

Sharon

• Confused 1