Credit reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i am wanting to check my credit report, for some info regarding my Previous relationship & associations with an ex

Now I did do this with experian about a year & a half ago but I assumed that it would be applied to any report that anyone could access, but I want to make sure.

I have been told by equifax that I can only change / look at it if I sign up online,

Is this right??

As all I want to do is add a note to disassociate myself from a ex & his previous addresses /and or current ones too

Also what information can they see?

I do not want former creditors to have access to my new address & nor do I want them to have access to my new phone number....

I know under data protection that they can't share this themselves supposedly,

but if I give them this info do they put it on so anyone can see where I am??

Yes you must sign up as this gives you access to personal data, if this requirement was not in place anyone could access and change your data.

If you want to use the CRA services then you must be honest in the information you give them.

If creditors want to find you believe me they can the CRAs are just one way of tracing individuals, 'new' phone number will be passed around as soon as you use it for any business purposes e.g. applications of any sort.

Ex directory mean only omitted from the BT phone book.

The information seen by creditors is the same as you see on the CRA files but in a different format, any potential lender or previous creditor cannot see that you have checked your credit files personally.

You should be aware the above will apply to Experian (Credit Expert) and Call Credit/Noddle.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response;

I don't get credit anymore (cash only)

I don't have any bills in my name coming to my

Address & I'm not on electoral roll either;

So they only way they could get my details is if I did do this,

So can they can actually see my address etc?

Yes, the data is used for identification purposes as well as credit referencing/credit control etc.

Trying to stay anonymous today is extremely difficult, if you need to change/challenge the CRA data then you will have to supply accurate and up to date information.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thread moved to Credit Reference Agency forum

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response;

I don't get credit anymore (cash only)

I don't have any bills in my name coming to my

Address & I'm not on electoral roll either;

So they only way they could get my details is if I did do this,

So can they can actually see my address etc?

Nice way to go Incognito! But the thing is, you can't really stay anonymous forever! If you do want to change some of the CRA data then you have to give some of the information away.

If it does you any good, try to weigh in your choices and do what you think is the more logical approach.