Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Background: I live in flat in house where ground & top floor are separated. Both flats are rented by same owner. Problem happens about year ago. My neighbour had a faulty waste pipe and because of the leak celling in my flat collapse. My landlord sort that and said that from now on every think should to by fine.


After few months celling start having a leak water marks with I straight away report to owner. After his visit he told that is a not a big leak and if that will grow up I should let him know.


Problem: About a month ago I left the laptop on the table but my 3 years old son move this on a place where over night peace of celling collapse again and damage my laptop.


I try to deal with this because I read damage should to be cover by owner of the flat above but he is saying that I should have a Contents insurance. I didn't have one of this and now I'm stuck. I read that even I will have a Contents it still should to be cover by owner of the flat above because it was only his fault.


Today he send me text where is saying that if I knew about possibility of leak I shouldn't left it my laptop there. (leak was nearly of the middle of the room)



Any advice much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So upstairs & downstairs flat owned by same LL who is responsible for maintenance/repair to the fabric of the property, inc your ceiling.

Ceilings, if not properly repaired, cam collapse 2 yrs later, even if no further leak.

LL can pursue T if leak was caused by T negligence eg overflowing bath etc.

Your claim for laptop should be addressed to LL not your neighbouring T.#

If you had T content ins to cover laptop, you could have claimed on it. After explaining background they may have pursued LL on your behalf.

As it is, if LL won't pay for laptop repair, you will have to pursue a claim against him through SCC.


Whilst T content insurance is an additional expense for Ts, it can be worth it for someone else to pursue any insured claim against LL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...