• Tweets

• Yes I understand that, my point is why is the account still be reported on 6 years after the default date has passed regardless of the SB date.   The default expired 4th November, Cabot put a query on the account the 7th November so it is still showing in my history, my question is why are they doing it?        
    • You will have to go to court to get an order  and once that is doen then you both have to abide by it. The actual form filling is not complicated and the first court session doesnt actually make any decisions and you will be advised to reach an agreement that can then be set in stone by the court.   the father has a right to "contact", but this is not the same as having the right to demand a particular set of visits, stopovers etc so decide what you want, and how this is practical and then ask that the contact be limited to this. for example if you work your contact will all be gettinmg them up, feeding them, putting them to bed and have no fun time at weekends if has has them then. The courts will do what is in the best interests ogf the child so you need to stop being jealous of their love for their father and dont try and use the system to punish him or the children. If he was abusive or controlling them read up on the serious crimes  act  2015 about controlling and coercive behaviour and see how amny fo the examples fit his behaviour and use that to get the courts to set lterms that  limit that behaviour instead of using the children as the tools.
    • Does anyone know if a person has the right  to use a lay representative in the family division of the county court? the wording of the Lay representatives(right of audience) order 1999 refers to a county court and stage 1 or tier 1 proceedings and Scots law have a form to fill out for such representation but it isnt clear whether the english system has such a clearly defined right of audience. The MoJ mentions it in some discussion papers as though it is hard and fast but in other documents  it is McKenzie Friends who are written about as if they are the only people allowed other than sols/barristers.   reason why lay rep needed is they can speak and the other side cant object where with McKenzie friend they cant speak on behalf of claimant/respondent and the other party can object to that person being present- which will happen  in this particular case. Ultimately it may well be a discretionary power of the judge but dont want to start off with a bad step.
    • It seems as though the solicitoras want to keep hold of this payday and will do anything to churn it ( make money by continuing an action that isnt in the clients interests).   The land registry will have the record of who paid for the property and how so you will be in the clear on that as you didnt just take the place over, you bought it from the estate of the deceased.   now it seems like your mother is struck by regrets/remorse over her inability to take over the property at the time and what tends to happen is that relatives will sit there and say bad things about the person who they see is the beneficiary of their misfortune and then get into a feedback loop, each reinforcing the wrong opinion of the other.   Your attempts to sort things out logically ahs tempered this somewhat so do continue and keep clear of their  lawyers at all costs, they will just keep the meter ticking over and bring the negative thought back to the surface.   your parents will already be about 2 grand a day down on anything the sols have done so try and get them to  look back to the mess that her father's death left them in and amke it clear that at least the house is still in the family and that she has benefitted from that by receiving money at the time that otherwise she wouldnt have got.   If that still causes friction then I would still write to them rather than responding to the solicitor, the lesson they will learn will cost them less and when the sols have moved on to the next client they will have not lost so much of what they still have left.   Ultimately if they do actually issue proceedings you can ask for the claim to be chucked out as having no merit etc by showing how the place was bought. I do struggle to believe that people dont know who their mortgage was with even after all of this time,  same as I find it odd that people suddenly find details for accounts with tens of thousands in that they had forgotten about. You can find out as again it will be in the Land registry entry for most properties that had a mortgage
    • A claim was issued against you on 30/07/2019 Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 31/07/2019 at 18:14:49 Your acknowledgment of service was received on 01/08/2019 at 08:05:52 Your defence was submitted on 30/08/2019 at 23:17:46 Your defence was received on 02/09/2019 at 01:06:05 DQ sent to you on 27/09/2019 DQ filed by claimant on 27/09/2019 You filed a DQ on 23/10/2019 Your claim was transferred to BIRMINGHAM on 14/11/2019
  • Our picks

piggywinkle

Sygma/Creation Finance being difficult

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2222 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My first post here, so please bear with me...

I have been out of work now for just over a year, when I had taken out my debts, I was in a well-paid job and could comfortably afford the repayments. My circumstances changed when I had to give up work and I was no longer able to afford my minimum payments - debts totalled 17k over 4 CCs and 1 loan.

Contacted StepChange who helped me put together my I&E forms to send out and all but one accepted my token offer of £1 payment - Sygma (or Creation Finance).

They have been a nightmare from day one - I've been harassed on the phone by them and had to send a letter asking them to remove my number under the DPA. Then they were wanting to know the details of what car my husband owned - when I explained to them that it was my sole debt and that I had taken out the CC before we even met, let alone got married, they weren't interested and accused me of being deliberately evasive.

I used to call them up, but they were like attack dogs on the phone and one guy in particular called me a liar and said that my husband could probably cover my debts, but I was being deliberately unhelpful to them (his words were, 'some people genuinely need our help and some people just want to get out of paying their way :!: ). He got really nasty, I had a good cry after I'd come off the phone and I'm not an overly emotional person.

Fast forward to now, they are asking to see 3 months of wage slips (I don't work), 3 months of bank statements and any claims of benefits I receive. I told them that I have no wage slips, and any benefits we receive go into my husband's account as a joint claim (we only get child benefit and a small amount of CTC). As for the bank statements, I asked StepChange and they effectively told me to inform them to go whistle.

Sygma replied today, saying that they need 3 months' worth of my bank statements, as well as 3 months' worth of my husband's bank statements, because that is where our benefit payments go. If I don't then they will continue to apply interest, default charges etc. to my account which will result in the balance increasing to unmanageable amounts and will be passed on to a DCA or followed up with court proceedings.

If you've got this far, well done. Question is, what do I do next? There's about £25 in my bank account, but my husband has said that they'll see his bank statements over his dead body. I wouldn't mind if he was on a footballer's wage, but we're downsizing to a new house next month as we're just about breaking even each month where we are at the moment, so it's not like we have loads of spare cash between us.

Any advice?

they have no legal right to see ANY of yours or hiubby's pers details - end of.

is this debt on your CRA file?

how old is the card?

ever sent them a CCA request?

ever thought of reclaiming penalty charges & PPI?

stay off that phone too.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I would let it go to a DCA =, maybe you'll have a little more joy dealing with Sygma....

But then again i dont know...if it does go to court then im pretty sure that they will find in your favour.

Now my concern being that Sygma are requesting certain documents.... This is a big no no under UK Law and can only be enforced in Court on in extreme circumstances.

Tell them to go whistle and do everything in writing.... FMI whats the debt for and amount? Loan or CC?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

they have no legal right to see ANY of yours or hiubby's pers details - end of.

is this debt on your CRA file?

how old is the card?

ever sent them a CCA request?

ever thought of reclaiming penalty charges & PPI?

stay off that phone too.

dx

Like you,

StepChange said that they have no legal right to see any bank statements etc.

but they're telling me that they're going to keep billing me for my contractual payments

and subsequent default fees (which ironically took me over my original credit limit = more penalty charges).

Yes, the debt is on my CRA files.

I took the card out in 2006.

I've never sent them a CCA request to be honest,

as when we move, any 'spare' money will be going towards my bankruptcy fees (which I haven't told them) so I didn't see the point.

Is it still worth doing?

I never opted into any PPI with them either so that's a dead end.

Edited by piggywinkle

I would let it go to a DCA =, maybe you'll have a little more joy dealing with Sygma....

But then again i dont know...if it does go to court then im pretty sure that they will find in your favour.

Now my concern being that Sygma are requesting certain documents.... This is a big no no under UK Law and can only be enforced in Court on in extreme circumstances.

Tell them to go whistle and do everything in writing.... FMI whats the debt for and amount? Loan or CC?

I thought a DCA may be easier to deal with than Sygma

- they have just been completely and deliberately obtuse from the get go.

I have been doing everything in writing though,

and I request to continue doing this at the end of every letter I send to them.

They invariably write back with, 'please call us on... to discuss your case further.' Errrr, nope!

The debt is for a CC.

The amount outstanding now is £2135.

It was just under the 2k credit limit before they started whacking penalty charges on for me being over my limit

(I was over my limit because they were putting on late payment fees for me paying less than my contractual payment!)

then sar them and get reclaiming.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

When was this defaulted?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

When was this defaulted?

Last August. I have been paying them token payments of £1 per month since.

dx100s advice is what you need to follow, do you know what the charges are currently?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

dx100s advice is what you need to follow, do you know what the charges are currently?

Their default sum fee is £12 and so is their overlimit fee.

My first post here, so please bear with me...

I have been out of work now for just over a year, when I had taken out my debts, I was in a well-paid job and could comfortably afford the repayments. My circumstances changed when I had to give up work and I was no longer able to afford my minimum payments - debts totalled 17k over 4 CCs and 1 loan.

Contacted StepChange who helped me put together my I&E forms to send out and all but one accepted my token offer of £1 payment - Sygma (or Creation Finance).

They have been a nightmare from day one - I've been harassed on the phone by them and had to send a letter asking them to remove my number under the DPA. Then they were wanting to know the details of what car my husband owned - when I explained to them that it was my sole debt and that I had taken out the CC before we even met, let alone got married, they weren't interested and accused me of being deliberately evasive.

I used to call them up, but they were like attack dogs on the phone and one guy in particular called me a liar and said that my husband could probably cover my debts, but I was being deliberately unhelpful to them (his words were, 'some people genuinely need our help and some people just want to get out of paying their way :!: ). He got really nasty, I had a good cry after I'd come off the phone and I'm not an overly emotional person.

Fast forward to now, they are asking to see 3 months of wage slips (I don't work), 3 months of bank statements and any claims of benefits I receive. I told them that I have no wage slips, and any benefits we receive go into my husband's account as a joint claim (we only get child benefit and a small amount of CTC). As for the bank statements, I asked StepChange and they effectively told me to inform them to go whistle.

Sygma replied today, saying that they need 3 months' worth of my bank statements, as well as 3 months' worth of my husband's bank statements, because that is where our benefit payments go. If I don't then they will continue to apply interest, default charges etc. to my account which will result in the balance increasing to unmanageable amounts and will be passed on to a DCA or followed up with court proceedings.

If you've got this far, well done. Question is, what do I do next? There's about £25 in my bank account, but my husband has said that they'll see his bank statements over his dead body. I wouldn't mind if he was on a footballer's wage, but we're downsizing to a new house next month as we're just about breaking even each month where we are at the moment, so it's not like we have loads of spare cash between us.

Any advice?

Hello. I have the same problem. i was trying to speak to them so many times, they are so rude and that's makes me upset. Just wanted to find out did you sort it out? What did you do? Kind Regards Ingrid

hi

you wont get seen here

better to start a new thread

of your own

dx

spreadsheets