Cabot financial offering "settlement figure"

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2763 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise us? My husband has been paying off a debt from Lloyds which they sold to Cabot.

Cabot have now written offering a settlement figure! W

e can't afford to do this.

We are now worried that if we refuse, they may threaten to take action.

We do not own our own home, nor have any other assets of any worth so we are worried about what they will do.

Having read other posts on sites, it appears that Cabot do not have a particularly good reputation.

We are just wondering how to proceed with this, or just refuse the offer and carry on paying?

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise us? My husband has been paying off a debt from Lloyds which they sold to Cabot.

Cabot have now written offering a settlement figure! We can't afford to do this. We are now worried that if we refuse, they may threaten to take action. We do not own our own home, nor have any other assets of any worth so we are worried about what they will do. Having read other posts on sites, it appears that Cabot do not have a particularly good reputation. We are just wondering how to proceed with this, or just refuse the offer and carry on paying?

Hi welcome to CAG,

There is little Cabot can do your husband is paying all he can reasonably afford, YOU DO NOT have to agree to the settlement offered.

Just tell them it is beyond your means and payments will continue as normal.

Don't stress over Cabot.

Is this a loan,credit card, current account?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Since its cabot, keep paying a token amount, or whatever your current payment plan is, but i suggest you get all the facts surrounding the debt. Cabot normally deal with 'lemon debts' or debts that have something so wrong with them, that the OC wont risk collecting it.

It's well worth checking. if the debt is legit, then no harm has been done as you have still kept up the repayments as originally agreed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

offering a discount.urm

something wrong with the debt then?

what type of debt is it please?

when did he take it out?

is it on his CRA file [see below]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...