Very Old Barclaycard Charges ***Settled by way of Tomlin Order***

tnook
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE:

Just received an email from BC's solicitors. A very courteous lady I must say.

Dear tnook, 

Thank you for your email.

The Bank should be in a position to send the documents to you next week.

Would you like these sent by email or post? In any event, the password will need to be sent to you separately via post.

Kind regards

Courteous Lady Solicitor

Now either:

a) she is just repling to my question about when the bank would send the documents, in which case she is none the wiser.

Or hopefully:

b) BC have called her to confirm the data will be on its way.

Stay tuned....

Edited by tnook

My take on this now is that the Litigation Team are in control and you'll get the info you're after soon.

This doesn't look to me like the BC Data Team are still dealing with you independently.

Fingers crossed .............. 😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Not sure how big the file will be since it’s 5-6 years worth of statements that are missing. If they are email it, I expect it will be a compressed PDF file or series of files. IF they are sending anything. I still expect this to end up in court.

Update: 

Received a standard computer generated letter from Barclays saying they had received my Data Access request and were processing it.... do they know there’s a deadline?

Update: Email from BC’s solicitor just arrived.

Dear tnook,

The Bank is collating the documents ready to be sent to you. The Bank estimates that the documents will be sent out to you today, followed by a password sent separately in the post, for security reasons.

Kind regards 

Courteous Solicitor

I am dying to see what they will be sending. Will keep you posted.

No they said they will email the documents/data in an encrypted format and post the password separately for security.

But yes if they are sending anything useful I expect it will be scans of microfiche.

Update: Email from Barclays Corporate 

Just received an automated email from the Barclays Corporate Information Access Team. Looks like there is a secure area at Barclays with the data or a letter. Need to wait for the passcode to arrive in the post before I can access it.

Will keep you posted.

Barclays Secured Message: New Web Messenger Account Created and Message Received

You have received a PGP Universal Secured Message from:

[email protected]

Access to this message requires that you know the passphrase set by the sender. Once you have contacted the sender for the passphrase, click on the link below to read the message. Future messages from this sender may be secured without this step.

Oh this is amusing. I just got another message:

Barclays Secured Message: Web Messenger Account Over Quota 

You would have received a PGP Universal Secured Message from:

[email protected]

However, PGP Universal is already storing too much mail for you.  To erase
the old mail stored for you on PGP Universal, please click this link:

I haven’t gained access to the secure area but it’s already over its quota. I don’t think it’s just one letter. They haven’t thought this through. :)

Edited by tnook

Update: Email from their solicitor

Dear tnook

Thank you for your emails. I have been advised that a few of the smaller files have been emailed to you, this includes the covering letter, PPI report, customer profile, statements and first complaint file.

Some of the remaining data has been sent by hard copy post which will arrive by 1pm tomorrow. This includes all correspondence and second, third and fourth complaint files.

Finally, as some of the remaining files are very large, they are difficult to send by post. Once you access your secure inbox with the password, you can move the files to your computer to create more storage room. Catherine Gregson will arrange for the remaining files to be sent to your inbox.

The password for the files has also been sent by post.

This is a little worrisome. I didn’t ask for a PPI summary. Have they just re-run the GDPR request from last year again and are going to send me the same 15 cm thick pile off data with the bits missing that I have been asking for.... The suspense.....

Edited by tnook

Just had an alert from my ‘Ring’ doorbell. Postman was trying to deliver several signed for envelopes. Will need to pick them up from the Royal Mail depot tonight when I get back from work.

Update: Cheeky email from the nice solicitor

Dear tnook,

Royal Mail attempted to deliver the packages of data and passphrase by post today. They have left a calling card for you to pick the packages up at the local post office or to contact them to arrange a delivery time which is suitable for you.

I have been advised by the Bank that your passphrase has also been sent via first class post, so you should have received that today. If you open the files in your secure inbox and save these to your computer, this will create room and the Bank can then arrange for the remaining files to be sent via email.

We note that the Bank's defence is due 13 May 2019. We have requested that you discontinue your claim and you have agreed so long as you receive the data. Please can you confirm whether you are willing to discontinue prior to this?

If you are not agreeable to discontinuing having not received the data, pursuant to CPR 15.5, the parties are able to agree an extension of up to 28 days for filing a defence. Please confirm whether you are willing to consent to an extension of 14 days. We do not consider that it is proportionate in the interests of time and costs for the Bank to file a defence where the matter can be resolved without formal court involvement. If you are agreeable, I will notify the Court immediately.

Kind regards
Nice solicitor

I replied:

Dear Nice Solicitor,.,

I am at work at the moment and not at home. I will pick up the packages this evening and if everything is in order I will happily discontinue the case. 

Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,

tnook

Update: Didn't get the letters sent by post, missed the post office closing. Have accessed the secure online area and read the documents.

Not good. Basically it looks like they have just run a GDPR request again. They even wrote in the covering letter they are sending the data again. Again they say they can't find older statements.

pdf only please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you use a screenshot option to take a snapshot of any relevant pages, you can use any basic programmes (you’ll have one on your computer) to erase any details - use rubber, draw a rectangle over them, etc.

Then use an online site to convert to PDF...they are usually easy to find?

Letter from Barclays attached as pdf

barctnook.pdf

I wrote to the solicitor, who has been pushing me to discontinue the case or grant them a further 14 days extension. The deadline for filing their defence is Monday 13th May.

Edited by tnook

BC refer to info provided on 4th July 2018. 

Is this the same info provided before and NOT the missing data you require.

Please let us know ........

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

1 hour ago, tnook said:

That makes redacting my details a pain.

no it doesn't 

you scan in JPG

redact things in a paint/photo prog

then convert the lot to one PDF

it tells you how in upload

and even recommends websites to use.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...