Very Old Barclaycard Charges ***Settled by way of Tomlin Order***

tnook
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Possibly......the problem is your not looking for a cash settlement to the value of your claim...but a compensatory award at the discretion of the court.

The problem is you submitted a money claim part 7 with a total amount settlement.....really it should have been a part 8 claim with no monetary value but to be decided by the court..IE Compensation. 

So if you proceed and win you will only get what you requested by way of the part 7 claim......if you add your court fees to the £125..and they agree your no worse off.

The court will not give judgment for what your hoping to achieve....only the amount you requested.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah, I was using the template previously used in other successful Barclays SAR cases (eh Shelly). The monetary compensation is not that important to me the key thing is to get them to provide the data which is also requested in the POC.

Please do then we can refer

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

" yeah, I was using the template previously used in other successful Barclays SAR cases (eh Shelly). The monetary compensation is not that important to me the key thing is to get them to provide the data which is also requested in the POC. "

Yes I am aware not ideal because Shelleys was a part 7 for a monetary claim...but even if you proceed and the court order the disclosure...and they can/cant comply...what then ?

Watch out for offers made in full and final settlement...because if they did disclose the data they will know your coming back for more...and once you F&FS you cant go back again.

It's odd in that I would have expected a letter from the Barclays legal team, not the Barclaycard Customer Service team. Also the coincidence about the amount £100 (amount I am claiming) plus £25 (the court fee).

£100 complaint settlement letter.pdf

Looking back over the letter's I have sent to BC customer services. The last letter was the one based around @BankFodder's template requesting a certificate of destruction. They replied that they didn't need to send one. Since then I issued the POC for the SAR. I suspect the legal team have prompted them to expand on their last letter and offer the 'goodwill'.

Im sure the Legal team are pulling the strings though......

Well that letter is tantamount to and admission the they have reached the data protection rules

Ugh I need that data. I know there are a significant amount of charges there. I had asked them previously for the data and they said that they no longer had the account numbers, but if I did supply the account numbers they could access the data on microfiche. I gave up as I didn't have the account numbers. Then last year in my GDPR request the account numbers were all there on their client summary sheet..... they had them all along.

Onwards and upwards it is then.....now you can disclose the above letter as your evidence. 

I've lost track of the close detail of this story and I'll have another look tomorrow comma however you could always think about withdrawing this claim, sending them another asar and then beginning another claims when they breach that one.

you can be sure that second time round they will have no doubt but that you are serious.

Also, having done it once before,  you will have extra confidence in what you are doing.

Of course and @Andyorch is right about bringing a part 8 action rather than a part 7 but on the other hand a part 7 is much easier and it shows that you are prepared to be litigious and in a case like a breached sar, if you simply keep on beginning another action and then another action every time they breach the sar, eventually they going to have to think about it very much more seriously

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that this offer is the BC Cust'r Services response to a complaint and perhaps NOT the legal team's response to the court claim that's been filed.

What's the date by which Barclays t/a BC have to defend after acknowledging the claim.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I asked above the date by which BC have to Defend please ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I think the 2 issues - BC's response offering compensation - and the court claim - are not directly connected but I will defer to Andyorch's greater experience.

:-)

I just got a letter from Barclays Solicitors. They say that the letter above is goodwill and if I don’t accept the offer they will file a defence and pursue me for costs. 

GOGW letter £125.pdf

Interesting that the solicitor says the data will be with me shortly and yet Barclays restated in their letter they don’t have it.....

• Confused 1

I would respond and state that on receipt of the missing data you will happily oblige and discontinue the claim...please confirm when your client will be able to disclose all requested data.

You have to be careful heer because in theory they have offered the value of the claim and we get back into the realms of Part 7 verses Part 8 claims.

Andy

I’ve sent the reply stating I’d be happy to discontinue the case once I get all my missing data.

Find it odd though the letter from BC (18th April) says they haven’t got the data (which I don’t believe) and the letter from the solicitor (30th April) says I will have my data shortly. Slight contradiction.

Will see where it goes. Deadline for filing a defence is May 13th.