style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my DLA runs out in December and I have received my new form, thought it would be PIP form but it isn't, I get high mobility and high care, do you think it would be a good idea to enclose a copy of my last DLA award with my form .

thank you

No, they already know what your last DLA award was. More important to include would be current supporting medical/other professional evidence.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi, my DLA runs out in December and I have received my new form, thought it would be PIP form but it isn't, I get high mobility and high care, do you think it would be a good idea to enclose a copy of my last DLA award with my form .

thank you

To make things easier for you - I do hope you kept a copy of the last claim form?

yes I did token, I keep copies of everything, I always thought each claim for DLA was treated as a new claim, seeing as it says new at the bottom of the claim form, anyways thanks for the answers, I have a letter from my GP but that is from 2011, do you think I should ask him for another one?

I have a letter from my GP but that is from 2011, do you think I should ask him for another one?

It depends on your diagnosis. If it's something that is likely to have changed in 2 years then updated evidence would be useful. If it's not, then it's unlikely to help unless your overall condition has changed.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The best evidence is no more than 6 months old, so a new letter would be good.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

My condition will not get any better, I'm a TPN patient and will be for the rest of my life, and have numerous other probs, my consultant will only give the DWP evidence if they write to him, my GP will prob update his letter for me. Thanks all x much appreciated