tomtubby

Millions of motorists face £100 FINES when new laws come into effect on FRIDAY !!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2165 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

New powers come into force on Friday that could lead to millions of fines handed out to motorists by police for committing driving offences they did not know existed !!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391203/Millions-motorists-face-fined-range-sweeping-new-police-powers-tackle-careless-drivers.html

With the revenue this is going to rake in, I can't see the logic behind making cuts in the police force if supposedly it's to save money.

With the traditional role of a police officer being unrecognisable and it now primarily being about making profits, the logic would be to have an increase in officer numbers to boost fines revenue.

Flame me if you like but I welcome these new rules. I'm sick to death of people who demonstrate staggering levels of stupidity/ineptitude on the motoways. Middle lane hogging especially.

Where did the government get its money from before the invention of the motor car?

Nothing wrong with this. I'm sick of lane hoggers, aggressive drivers and people trying to skip queues by forcing their way into traffic.

Enforcement companies with HMCTS contracts will be happy....

There has been plenty of warning for this. I can't see the problem either, just wish something could be done about those people who only do 50 in the nearside lane and don't move over when you are trying to join the motorway. And before anyone says it, Yes I know that 70 is not a target but a maximum permitted.