Debt 1 month from removal from credit file NOW Mackenzie Hall add new default date!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone help or guide me.

I have taken responsiblity and worked hard to improve my credit rating.

I had a debt with JD Sports, which was one month from being removed from my credit file ( the 6 years up ).

I noticed a new message on my file saying alert, and a purchased debt was made from the JD debt by Mackenzie Hall.

I noted the debt was added to my credit file with a new default date...Like now.

How can a debt with all but 1 month left to reach the 6 year limit be purchased and then false default date given?

I check my file again and the JD one is removed as the 6 years passed

- but now I have the same debt from a new date

Please can you please help, is this correct? legal?

Thanking you all

do you mean the defaulted date on the org JD entry passed 6yrs

so auto gets removed?

I e was it defaulted in its summary 6yrs ago?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you sure this in not the date the file was up dated?

Was this JD account actually defaulted? When was the last payment made to the account.

MH have been known to claim that it can place a default from the date it acquires a debt totally wrong of course.

I can draft a letter for you to challenge this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

do you mean the defaulted date on the org JD entry passed 6yrs

so auto gets removed?

I e was it defaulted in its summary 6yrs ago?

dx

The info was taken from my Experian Credit Report in Feb 2012.

Acct was started 02/11/01 Studio mail order ( not JD - I was wrong) and defaulted on 01/07/07 £143.00. Updated 28/02/2010

Same Credit Report June 2013.

Acct started 02/11/2001 Studio mail order ( not JD- I was wrong). Default date 01/07/07 £143.00. Updated 28/02/2010

Then I found this added in June 2013 Credit report

Acct started 11/02/2001 ( they changed months and day around) Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Mail order. Defaulted 04/01/2012 (?? ) £143.00. updated 07/04/2013

and of course MH address added to heading re addresses.

Credit Report Aug 2013

Studio acct removed.

MH entry all same as June 2013.

MH have been known to claim that it can place a default from the date it acquires a debt totally wrong of course.

I can draft a letter for you to challenge this.

PLease can you help with a letter, I do believe they have done this.

The info was taken from my Experian Credit Report in Feb 2012. Acct was started 02/11/01 Studio mail order ( not JD - I was wrong) and defaulted on 01/07/07 £143.00. Updated 28/02/2010

Same Credit Report June 2013.

Acct started 02/11/2001 Studio mail order ( not JD- I was wrong). Default date 01/07/07 £143.00. Updated 28/02/2010

Then I found this added in June 2013 Credit report

Acct started 11/02/2001 ( they changed months and day around) Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Mail order. Defaulted 04/01/2012 (?? ) £143.00. updated 07/04/2013

and of course MH address added to heading re addresses.

Credit Report Aug 2013

Studio acct removed.

MH entry all same as June 2013.

Hello Donna,

Yes of course I will draft a letter for you over the weekend!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You're in good hands with brig. His letters always hit the mark.

Can i also suggest that you file full and formal complaints with the OFT, ICO and the Mucky hall about this. This is because i can guarantee you arent the only person they are doing this to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am sure Brig will already know this but paragraph 53 of the ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults addresses sale and assignment of debts to third parties and categorically states that the length of time the default is held on the credit file (i.e six years FROM DATE OF DEFAULT) cannot be changed by the sale of the account.

So tell em to shift it quick smart. Good luck.

You're in good hands with brig. His letters always hit the mark.

Can i also suggest that you file full and formal complaints with the OFT, ICO and the Mucky hall about this. This is because i can guarantee you arent the only person they are doing this to.

Thank you, yes Brig is being most helpful, along with others. I am very grateful.

I would/will send full and formal complaints - just need help with who,where and how.

Appreciate your input x

I am sure Brig will already know this but paragraph 53 of the ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults addresses sale and assignment of debts to third parties and categorically states that the length of time the default is held on the credit file (i.e six years FROM DATE OF DEFAULT) cannot be changed by the sale of the account.

So tell em to shift it quick smart. Good luck.

Thanks. It's all like a foreign lang. to me so having to learn lots quickly.

OK: This goes my recorded signed for post:

The Director of Compliance

Mackenzie Hall

Date:.............. :

ref: us theirs.

Sir /Madam,

FORMAL COMPLAINT: Manipulation of Registered Default Date:

Please take note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Mackenzie Hall.

It has become apparent that since Mackenzie Hall acquired an alleged debt relating to an account with xxxxxxxxxxxx, that the default date has either deliberately or by gross incompetence on behalf of Mackenzie Hall been change from 01/07/2007 to 04/01/2012 clearly this has placed me at a personal disadvantage (financial redress for which will be addressed later).

I am aware that some debt purchase companies WRONGLY claim that they can place a new default on an account from the date on which they acquire the account, this would appear to be to enable an extended period for collection of an account and for maintenance of a default entry on credit reference files after the actual 6th anniversary of the original default date.

My research shows that Mackenzie Hall have been previously challenged on such actions in the past and should therefore be aware if the ICO Guidance on Defaults and that the original default date of an account CANNOT BE CHANGED.

Therefore Mackenzie Hall WILL now remove ALL data it has reported to ALL Credit Reference Agencies COMPLETELY and MUST confirm in writing within 7 working days from the date hereon that it has done so.

Given that the actions of Mackenzie Hall have caused me considerable anxiety and distress I seek financial redress for this I am advised that the Sum of £500.00 is appropriate here considering the seriousness of this matter.

OK this next section can be added if: There has been NO Payment or UNEQUIVOCAL WRITTEN acknowledgment since the 2007 default date or before, i.e. The debt is statute barred.

Mackenzie Hall are Formally Notified that this ALLEGDED DEBT IS STATUTE BARRED, therefore I will NOT make any payment.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

This is my FINAL RESPONSE TO MACKENZIE HALL: FORMAL COMPLAINTS ARE BEING MADE TO THE ICO/FCA and if necessary to the FOS which will involve Mackenzie Hall in Further Costs.

Many Many Thanks !! x

I shall get writing, and keep you posted.

Am I really allowed to ask for compensation? Would they pay? I have been very upset about this, and I have had next store card drop my credit limit for no reason, so believe this false record is why.

:-)

Many Many Thanks !! x

I shall get writing, and keep you posted.

Am I really allowed to ask for compensation? Would they pay? I have been very upset about this, and I have had next store card drop my credit limit for no reason, so believe this false record is why.

You most welcome, happy to help.:-)

Yes of course redress is always a possibility when this sort of nonsense happens I have a couple of framed cheques from MH when they tried to claim I owed a non existent debt (don't have any).

Yes please keep me appraised of the progress>

Brig

• 1 month later...

I actually had a similar problem a few months ago and I guess I could have solved it better and easier if I read this thread right here.

Sorry for reviving this necro thread. Just wanna thank BRIGADIER2JCS for the info.

I actually had a similar problem a few months ago and I guess I could have solved it better and easier if I read this thread right here.

Sorry for reviving this necro thread. Just wanna thank BRIGADIER2JCS for the info.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Hi all,

Just an update, I haven't received anything back from Lowell's yet, but did get the standard "they said its correct so it's staying" email from Experian.

Will be back to post more updates- not been much to tell you as if yet!

Perhaps tell Experian that they are pretty much breaking the law by allowing this to happen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The Credit Reference Agencies have to rely on the data provided by creditors/debt purchasers/DCAs a CRA has no way of verifying the data apart from 'asking' the client 'is this correct'!