• Tweets

• Hi. I posted on the facebook group about Hermes queries re: a parcel that Hermes said delivered but i didnt receive. It was a private sale of a mobile phone from a seller in Wales to me in Edinburgh.   The seller has stopped contact with me now so I cant get any help from them. Hermes are saying it was delivered but it wasn't.   I have got all copies of emails to and from the seller and to and from Hermes. A photo of the actual parcel that the seller sent me prior to posting.   There also seems to be a some confusion on the Hermes tracking info about which day it was actually delivered but either way I was in my house both prior and after the delivery.   There was no photo but it stated the driver got a signature. Not true cos it was a covid thing not to get signatures. No calling card to say it was left somewhere else or in a safe place. It just simply wasn't delivered.   I've been told to ask for GPS info in order to trace the delivery or driver. I cant even talk to a human or get a valid address to write to.   I sent an email to the CEO guy and still no reply. I've not reported anything to the police but I'm getting all sorts of contrasting advice to do this and not do that etc that im totally lost now.   If you read this David, please get back to me please. Much appreciated.   This happened in June/july so hope im not too late to still do something about it. It's just took this long to only get to this stage. 
    • PAC code   https://tinyurl.com/yxhxcsxf   ...
    • Noted! Hopefully there won't have to be another time though!     I did respond to the email, I just basically said that he cannot deduct any costs incurred for collecting / picking up the vehicle and if it heads down the route of ADR which is a total new concept of me having any evolvement with, that he would have to pay a refund/the cost of the car and the cost associated with the collection of the vehicle.    Apon further checking the legislation because he gave me no cancellation rights prior to the contract starting he is indeed guilty of an offence, which is the likelihood of what trading standards are dealing with in regards to his local TS contacting him.     
    • hi,     Just asking for some experience or knowledge.     I purchased a puppy on the 30th of august. On numerous occasions I was in contact with breeder and asked if the puppy showed signs of entropion.    I was told no.   On the 26th of August puppy had first jabs. And apparently their vets said none of the litter showed sign of entropion.    On collection of puppy I noticed he was covered in green mucus. The pen had dog muck spread in there so assumed it was just from pups playing and maybe getting it in each others eyes (poor hygeine on breeders part)   Anyways,   Asked breeder to wipe pup and we left       With in 3 hours we realised that the puppy wasn't well. He physically couldn't open his eyes and when we attempted to clean them his eyeballs weren't visible.    We phoned an out of hour vets and contacted the breeders immediately.     The pup was taken to the vets and we were informed he had a severe eye infection which was a result to entropion.    The vet bill came to around 900 after tacking and meds etc. I asked the breeder to cover the costs. They said no because their vets said their was no issues.     The state on this puppy my vets think he's suffered from birth.     And most certainly not 5 minutes before I turned up.      I've filed a small claims for the cost of the vets and the cost of the puppy.      Where do you think ill stand?    What type of evidence will the judge want to see. Thanks
    • A body representing 290 airlines warns it will be 2024 before air traffic reaches pre-pandemic levels. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

three debts with arrows...2xMBNA card [1 virgin 1 AOL] + EGG Loan

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I have two old credit card accounts with MBNA which have been sold to Arrow Global . I had no joy from Arrow with a CCA request for both account so i did a SAR to MBNA.

Neither account had PPI but both will have incurred charges along the way .

In the SAR pack i can see no documentation for the transfer or sale of the account to Arrow.

Must this be in the pack for Arrow to chase me for the debt .

As they are old accounts 2001 and 2004 i have included the CCA in the SAR pack for anyone able to quantify them .

I currently pay both accounts £1pcm still to MBNA for the past 2 years while things are tight .

Many Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that cca is good enough.

any period of 6yrs no use/

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On my credit file i have both accounts defaulted and settled with MBNA in the back end of 2010 , Arrow now have Defaults against me for the same date as of around November/December 2012

Both accounts were used and i have always paid the minimum to MBNA before going to CCS who advised i pay the both a pound a month .

Are both CCA good enough for Arrow ?

Thanks

On my credit file i have both accounts defaulted and settled with MBNA in the back end of 2010 , Arrow now have Defaults against me for the same date as of around November/December 2012

sorry?

are you saying the same debts each appears twice on your CRA file?

dx

and they

To clarify MBNA defaulted me back end of 2010 . They have since marked the accounts as settled and Arrow have now 2 Default accounts against me.

Neither account could be statue barred .

How important is the fact than neither SAR for either account shows any transfer or sale of the account documenation ?

Thanks

thats not correct then

a debt should only appear once

though this is MBNA and arrows

which we have come to see as rather suspect.

i have merged your attachments

and if that is all you've got for the TWO CCA returns

then no dice arrows.

as for NOA etc

it would be nice if they were listed by thats typical too.

how much of these accounts are PENALTY charges?

dx

and they

There would be around 600 in charges across the two accounts which owe around 12k between them so only around 5% .

To confirm are you saying the CCA i have listed would stand up for the creditor ?

What if anything should i do about me credit file , the way i saw it they will both drop off at the same time because the default date is the same.

When i am able to financially ( assuming the cca's are good ) at what level might i be able to negotiate myself out of the debt in your experience ?

Many thanks for your time

what you have posted i thought was for one debt

but if two, no go

where are the T&c's etc etc.

MBNA have sold them for a very good reason

like they cant enforce £12k debt in court ...urm..somethng BIG smells here.

poss could be the paperwork

dx

and they

The first two scans are the first debt and the second two for the other debt . The only terms and conditions i have for either are the scans 1 and 3 respectively .

On one account i have 3 defaults for the same account MBNA , IDEM who then owned it and then sold it to Arrow who now have a default also.

MBNA is satisfied but on my file it appears i owe Idem and Arrow the same debt , even though Idem have now sold it

What would be the best course of action to take now in relation to these debts .

Do i still pay the £1pcm or risk not paying it and defend any court action brought against me ?

Am i on strong enough ground to defend a court case ?

Many tHanks

Well this appears to be one of the old dual purpose app/agreement forms that MBNA used to send out.

Looks ok, I wouls guess then when the card was sent out ''booklet'' laying out all the Ts&Cs would have acompanied it.

Is the signature panelcomplete?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes it was signed i just painted it out for secuirty . To be honest i cant't honestly remember what came with the card it's too long ago

Thanks for your reply much appreciated

You might want to have a look at the Harrison v Link judgment - It would appear that the booklets were not always enclosed. If you can state catagorically (sp) that you were not in possession of the booklet at the time of signing !.

Harrison v Link Financial Ltd ALL ER (2011).pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

After failing to get a CCA from Arrow on several occasions i received the attatchment in my SAR pack today .

No additional terms and conditions simply what you see .

My question is can i challend the CCA validity and why have Arrow for nearly one year now failed to show me a CCA

I have a second account that i will put on a new thread to make it clearer.

Many Thanks for any views

After failing to get a CCA from Arrow on several occasions i received the attatchment in my SARlink3.gif pack today .

No additional terms and conditions simply what you see .

My question is can i challend the CCA validity and why have Arrow for nearly one year now failed to show me a CCA

I have a second account that i will put on a new threadlink3.gif to make it clearer.

Many Thanks for any views

The format of that leads me to think this was one of the postal ''promotion'' type app' agreement forms popular a few years ago, usually t & cs are provided in a seperate booklet.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have merged both your threads and moved you to the correct forum :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This looks as though it was originally a virgin account - can you remember what type of application it was ?

Was it from a magazine/advertising campaign

Or one of those where you were chased round an airport or shopping centre until you signed to make them go away ?

BCOBS

MBNA were notorious for these promotional app forms, ican remember 100's being delivered to an Officers mess a few years ago with a small booklet of Ts & Cs, I have had such a card and still have an agreement exactly as shown here, imo if this went to litigation and they could drag up the booklet a judge may well be persuaded that liability subsisits.

As Arrow have never produced this, it would seem that they have never attempted request it from the OC, so if Arrow is unaware of this, may be wise not disclose it.