ecar NCD

jo_loop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I had ecar insurance for the past 3 years. They offered me a renewal of more than 3000 a year. I asked for the proof of NCD and they sent me a letter saying that I had 0 years NCD and inviting me to renew. The only incident that I had was when another car hit me from the back while I was stationary at a roundabout. I notified them as I was supposed to, was given ref. no.and told they would contact me if there was any development. They never did. I didn't claim as there was no damage. I tried to contact them now but to no avail.

The only companies that offer me 'quite' cheap insurance are underwritten by Souther Rock, same as ecar. They include Asda, Admiral, Diamond, Sheila's Wheels.

Hello,

I had ecar insurance for the past 3 years. They offered me a renewal of more than 3000 a year. I asked for the proof of NCD and they sent me a letter saying that I had 0 years NCD and inviting me to renew. The only incident that I had was when another car hit me from the back while I was stationary at a roundabout. I notified them as I was supposed to, was given ref. no.and told they would contact me if there was any development. They never did. I didn't claim as there was no damage. I tried to contact them now but to no avail.

The only companies that offer me 'quite' cheap insurance are underwritten by Souther Rock, same as ecar. They include Asda, Admiral, Diamond, Sheila's Wheels.

Sorry, just help. Any suggestions? What should I do?

Hello and Welcome jo_loop,

It can be quiet on the Forum over the weekend, it may take a bit of time before you get some advice, how many years NCD did you have.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello,

You need to speak to Ecar about the claim and reinstating the no claims. If you are not claiming and it as a non fault type incident, then they may be willing to reinstate this, so you then have proof of 3 years. That will make a massive difference to the quotes you can obtain.

The problem of high quotes is down to you having 0 NCD with the open claim on record. This claim is showing on the Claims Underwriting Exchange (CUE). CUE is the central database where Insurers share claims information.

So you have no choice but to start making a few phone calls to Ecar. First the claims department about the open claim. Get them to close the claim off as non fault and to instruct their underwriting team to look at the NCD level, so that it can be reinstated. You then need proof of the NCD at 3 years. This may take a few phone calls to achieve.

See if you can use this local rate number 01454 634100 rather than the expensive 0870 number they provide.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You need to speak to Ecar about the claim and reinstating the no claims. If you are not claiming and it as a non fault type incident, then they may be willing to reinstate this, so you then have proof of 3 years. That will make a massive difference to the quotes you can obtain.

The problem of high quotes is down to you having 0 NCD with the open claim on record. This claim is showing on the Claims Underwriting Exchange (CUE). CUE is the central database where Insurers share claims information.

So you have no choice but to start making a few phone calls to Ecar. First the claims department about the open claim. Get them to close the claim off as non fault and to instruct their underwriting team to look at the NCD level, so that it can be reinstated. You then need proof of the NCD at 3 years. This may take a few phone calls to achieve.

See if you can use this local rate number 01454 634100 rather than the expensive 0870 number they provide.

Thank you. That explains a lot. I phoned Ecar on the above number but they simply disconnect after a few minutes. Will try again.

I phoned them. They apologised blaming the system and immediately emailed me a new proof with 3 years NCB. They said that everything is ok regarding my non-fault accident. However, my quotations did not change so I think I'll call them again tomorrow.

I phoned them. They apologised blaming the system and immediately emailed me a new proof with 3 years NCB. They said that everything is ok regarding my non-fault accident. However, my quotations did not change so I think I'll call them again tomorrow.

You probably need to start new quotations from scratch with the correct information.

I think you may be better off going to a local brokers with the 3 years NCD proof, as they may be able to quote you a better premium.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread