aDvicePls

Extremely Rude GP - How to complain?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2253 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thanks again - everybody!

The advice (and support) has been great.

After sleeping on it - I'm not going to rush to leave. I've been a patient there for years - He's only been there 5 minutes.

Why should I be the one that has to leave?

The next time I have to go there - I will monitor the atmosphere and if I'm still not happy - at least I have enough information now and quite a few avenues that I can explore..

Thanks again - everybody!

The advice (and support) has been great.

After sleeping on it - I'm not going to rush to leave. I've been a patient there for years - He's only been there 5 minutes.

Why should I be the one that has to leave?

The next time I have to go there - I will monitor the atmosphere and if I'm still not happy - at least I have enough information now and quite a few avenues that I can explore..

Good luck with this, a GP with this attitude needs some retraining!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With respect to the Brigadier (from whose posts elsewhere it is clear he normally knows far more about medicine than I ever will) Primary Care Trusts ceased to exist last April, as a result of the recent statutory 'reforms' of the NHS.

Thus a potential - at least cosmetic- route for starting a complaint without having to deal directly with those being complained about in the first instance, which was indeed formerly available, disappeared.

The new complaints procedure is apparently described here:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceinthenhs/rightsandpledges/complaints/pages/nhscomplaints.aspx

and provides an email address to complain about a GP to "NHS England".

I would be tempted to write to the practice asking for a written copy of its complaints procedure (and specifically asking for the name of the 'complaints manager'). When that confirms your worst fears, you could contact 'NHS England' by email and see what they say about it. One can only expect dilatory, ignorant, fob-off, and incompetent behaviour from such a body - but you have to start somewhere.

Take your time. Everyone you try to deal with will, and revenge is a dish best served cool.

If I read your posts correctly, the insulting behaviour of Dr X occurred very recently. Good. Under NHS policy you are entitled to inspect in person any records added to made or added to within the 40 days of a written request to inspect (without charge) – and this is additional to any right you may later choose to exercise under the Data Protection Act 1998.

In the same letter as the one asking for the complaints policy, you could require an inspection (within 21 days after the request) of any such record including the computerised record of your last interview. Take a phone or other gadget with a camera function to take a shot of the screen with the GP's note on it, or of any print-out they will not allow you to take away.

And don't let 'em grind you down.

Edited by nolegion

Well, its all quiet on the Western Front (still). :!:

I am still doing a 'watch and wait'. and still looking around in the meantime - but they all involve traveling further - hence the 'standing my ground' at the moment.....

I still haven't phoned to check if anything was added to my notes.

What I will do is - If/when I have to see a doctor, I will ask receptionist if I can see a different doctor and then ask that doctor if there's anything written about me!